[Q] Who understands the stock battery graph?

Search This thread

jeffreii

Nov 3, 2005
Miami, FL
The perplexing part of this is the "mobile network signal" bar. My phone is rarely out of good signal area. Why is this bar not solid like WIFI would be when I left it on the entire time?

This is particularly interesting because I have a bug sometimes where the "mobile network signal" bar actually is fully solid but it results in huge battery drain until I reboot.

First screenshot is WIFI on the entire time. Second screenshot I turned WIFI off. Towards the end you can see mobile network signal worsens - that's me at my office (the only place I go with poor reception). I turned my WIFI back on after being there for about an hour.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/20120722085356.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/20120723170451.png/

LandUzu

Feb 24, 2010
England
Never seen the bar break up like that

Hi bud, ive never seen that bar disappear completely like that....i know it changes colour with signal strength etc but not ever seen it go completely like that. I have had 4 HTC's all running various versions of Anroid and different ROMS too but like i say....it sounds like a fault. You mention it has a bug that results in high drain...this confirms my suspicions(opion only)

Have you tried a full wipe/factory reset?

Reactions: jeffreii

jeffreii

Nov 3, 2005
Miami, FL
Hi bud, ive never seen that bar disappear completely like that....i know it changes colour with signal strength etc but not ever seen it go completely like that. I have had 4 HTC's all running various versions of Anroid and different ROMS too but like i say....it sounds like a fault. You mention it has a bug that results in high drain...this confirms my suspicions(opion only)

Thanks for the response.

Have not tried a wipe yet. Waiting to see if it's just me...

I'm curious if this is an LTE specific issue or a GS III issue - I'd love to see some other people post their graph or comment on the mobile network signal portion.

The battery drain happens randomly and has only happened once or twice but my battery apps will tell me it was the cell radio hogging the battery and then when I check the graph I will see that the mobile network signal bar is actually solid green for once...but most of the time it's like the above screenshots.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never seen the bar break up like that