[ROM][4.1.2][12/25][OFFICIAL] AOKP Jellybean 4.1 Builds

Search This thread

Kindatired

May 25, 2011
Did anyone here come from using the ViperROM? if so how was battery life there, since I heard a couple of you say how amazing it was with battery life, yet when I went to check out the thread it didn't seem so amazing to me. Yes, people had posted up their screenshots with over a day of battery life but they weren't using their phones! once you saw the screen time on it was like 2 hours.

Sorry if question is out of place...'

I am using viper rom right now and the battery life is pretty good for me. On a full charge I get about 5 hours screen on time. I unplug it at 5am and around 5pm I still have about 93 percent left. Only send a couple of text messages and maybe a short call or two. I don't use my phone at work much, but after work I am always on it.

I really want to switch to aokp, but the battery life at this point doesn't seem to compare to sense based roms yet. I am going to give it a good test on Saturday though when I have some time.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Reactions: gravewormx

monkboy24

Apr 13, 2012
Maryland
Did anyone here come from using the ViperROM? if so how was battery life there, since I heard a couple of you say how amazing it was with battery life, yet when I went to check out the thread it didn't seem so amazing to me. Yes, people had posted up their screenshots with over a day of battery life but they weren't using their phones! once you saw the screen time on it was like 2 hours.

Sorry if question is out of place...'

Battery life is good on viper! This is the wrong thread for this question tho! I'm just saying!

sent from my powerful One XL that will kick your iPhone 5 and Samsung's ass using TapaTalk over your mothers WiFi!!!

Last edited:

PurpleFries

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
I apologize if this has been asked before, but what the hell does the AOKP power control icon do? Or is it just for laughs?

yes it's for laughs.

To anyone having LTE sticking issues, try deleting all of the APN's excluding the LTE one you use. I had trouble getting Rogers LTE to stick when I had the 3G and Tethering APN's in the list, but not active. LTE sticks perfectly otherwise

And finally, is a lockscreen clock position option not available (for centered lockscreen clock) or have I just been unable to find it?

Edit: spoke too soon. Not sticking in certain situations. Turning off WiFi, going from no service without airplane mode to service, etc. Guess I'm back to cm10 until that's worked out.

Last edited:

thcue

Just flashed the ROM and love it..coming off clean rom dev 4.1

this is my first AOSP ROM- glad I get to experience some pure G.

couple Q's

the camera is a huge downgrade from the HQ sense camera mod (or stock sense camera) - does anybody know any good apps, or a way to flash a different camera on this thing?

I have not had any tearing or reboot issues thus far (couple hours) - prob will jinx myself, but this build seems very stable. Will update if I run into any problems.

now to hoping the battery life is good. that is key.

Ucam would be the app you might want to look at.

gravewormx

Oct 15, 2009
Los Angeles
Battery life is good on viper! This is the wrong thread for this question tho! I'm just saying!

sent from my powerful One XL that will kick your iPhone 5 and Samsung's ass using TapaTalk over your mothers WiFi!!!

Yeah that's why I said sorry if it's out of place. Although I do think its at least a bit relevant since I seen a few people here and there come try AOKP or CM10 then write a post about horrible battery life and rave about how awesome Viper is. Yet from the screenshots I seen from some people it doesn't seem that great. So I really do think that although this ROM doesn't give us "great" battery life it's decent and its a fair trade off for the added features.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: monkboy24

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
I've been getting God awful battery the last few days. On LTE, syncing mail, and GPS on, WiFi off.

EDIT: So I connected to WiFi instead of using LTE and my battery life is immensely better

Sent from my AOKP powered One XL

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348789852205.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348789852205.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 410
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348789862112.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348789862112.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:

hurleyint2000

Dec 19, 2010
I'm having issues with the clock app FC and the timer app not clearing from the notifications area

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Yeah that's why I said sorry if it's out of place. Although I do think its at least a bit relevant since I seen a few people here and there come try AOKP or CM10 then write a post about horrible battery life and rave about how awesome Viper is. Yet from the screenshots I seen from some people it doesn't seem that great. So I really do think that although this ROM doesn't give us "great" battery life it's decent and its a fair trade off for the added features.

I posted up mine with 7 hours screen time and 19h on total... I have yet to find another rom that can even come close to 6 hours screen time let alone 7..

Edjt: ermahgerdddd I was running viperrr

Reactions: gravewormx

gravewormx

Oct 15, 2009
Los Angeles
I posted up mine with 7 hours screen time and 19h on total... I have yet to find another rom that can even come close to 6 hours screen time let alone 7..

Edjt: ermahgerdddd I was running viperrr

Yeah that sounds pretty good, I personally get about 3 hours of screen time on and 13 hours total (on built 3 with stock kernel). Which is good enough to get me through the day before finding a charger. So even though I was tempted of switching I realizes there's some things in this ROM that I would miss way too much.

Plus we survived the beta stage already so it could only get better from here :D

Last edited:

Sal Khan

Jan 17, 2009
Exchange / Outlook Calendar?

I too am having an issue where my work Calendar through Exchange no longer appears. Tried removing and adding with no luck.

ericc191

Jan 28, 2007
West Fork
I've been getting God awful battery the last few days. On LTE, syncing mail, and GPS on, WiFi off.

Same here, less than 11 hours. The reason is because HTC has implemented so many battery saving techniques into the new Sense, it really does a good job conserving the battery. I can get over 20 hours on the stock rom.

Not as issue for me, though as 11 hours is all I need for a day before I am charging the phone in the car on the way home. :D

AJerman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
Same here, less than 11 hours. The reason is because HTC has implemented so many battery saving techniques into the new Sense, it really does a good job conserving the battery. I can get over 20 hours on the stock rom.

Not as issue for me, though as 11 hours is all I need for a day before I am charging the phone in the car on the way home. :D

Well, I got about 30 hours yesterday pretty easily, so I'm having no battery issues, but I'm with ya. I've got chargers everywhere I go. Battery life is never an issue.

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
Well, I got about 30 hours yesterday pretty easily, so I'm having no battery issues, but I'm with ya. I've got chargers everywhere I go. Battery life is never an issue.

THIRTY HOURS? The best I've gotten is like 15, what are your settings and are you using anything to save the battery?

BootlegSnackz

Apr 27, 2008
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me why in build's 2 and 3, when i save a bookmark to the home page I get the generic red ribbon icon instead of the favicon logo? it makes it look more like a launcher icon when it uses the favicon. When I flashed PA 2.13, when I saved the bookmark to the homescreen I got the favicon logo.

For some reason in AOKP it wants to only show the red ribbon icon (sometimes it has a white star, and other times it has a tiny favicon logo inside it)

I thought since these were both based off of CM10 that they would act the same. Actually since I haven't flashed CM10, i don't know how that ROM acts. Was hoping this would be an easy fix, since I didn't want to bother the dev with something so trivial. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks!

PS: I have done research on this and most people say just to use a third party launcher and change the icon yourself. Except that doesn't work well because I want to use the favicon of the website I am visiting and not a custom Icon. Also sometimes I like the stock launcher (or Trebuchet in PA/CM10)

Hoping there is some sort of system level fix that can be done by me and others who are not dev's but have a good understanding of some of the inner workings of Android through experience.

EDIT: this also might help understand what I am talking about, but this is a web level fix, not a software fix.

http://androidforums.com/1998048-post4.html

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOKP Jellybean 4.1.2 Official Builds
    For the HTC One XL (AT&T HTC One X)

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

downloads-4.png

4.1 Milestone 1.1: http://goo.im/devs/rohan/evita/aokp/aokp_jb-4.1_evita-milestone1.1.zip
    Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

installation-1.png

1. Download the latest build from above depending on what version you want (4.1 or 4.2)
    2. Download the Jellybean Google Apps package from a site such as http://goo.im/gapps
    3. Reboot into your recovery of choice
    4. Make a backup of your current device
    5. (optional) Transfer that backup to your PC for safekeeping
    6. Factory Wipe your device if you aren't coming from AOKP Jellybean already
    7. Install the ROM zip, followed by the Google Apps package
    8. IF YOU CAME FROM THE 2.20 FIRMWARE/NEWER HBOOT, THEN YOU MUST FLASH THE BOOT.IMG FROM THE ZIP THROUGH FASTBOOT

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT BOOTLOOPING IF YOU FLASHED A CUSTOM KERNEL OR DID NOT MANUALLY FLASH THE STOCK KERNEL VIA FASTBOOT.

Lastly, if you enjoy my work and what I've done for this device, then please consider donating to motivate me further.

Donations are never required but always very much appreciated :) All my money comes from donations as I am in high school. Thank you very much. My link is right below my name on the left.

source-2.png

If you want to see the 4.1 Source + Device files, go here: http://github.com/AOKP/
    Good news- this ROM is now official!
    We got merged in last night and I did a test build using official sources, everything seems to have worked well.

Next Build 4 will be posted on aokp.co! This thread will be turned into a discussion/problems thread, instead of a release thread. For support from Build 4 and onwards, you can head over to #AOKP-support on IRC, or post here like normal.

A hearty thanks goes out to all the AOKP team members for approving my device maintainership.
    So just a quick update...

Good news and bad news:

Good news is that 4.2 is almost done merging into AOKP. The frameworks were completely overhauled by Google, and although the update doesn't seem like a big one over 4.1.2, under the hood it is huge.

Bad news is that AOKP had to rebase off AOSP again. All features have been merged since then, but hardware support is currently only for Nexii. That means that right now our device is not working in AOKP. However, the last few days I've been working dilligently (hence my lack of updates or anything) and so far I've gotten it to compile and hang at HTC screen. Good thing about this is that I actually have adb at this screen, which means that stuff is indeed working under the hood, but some things like the adreno drivers are keeping the ROM from booting.

I'll provide another update if any more progress is made.