[WIDGET][4.0+] Event Flow Calendar Widget

Search This thread

fafaffy

Jun 15, 2011
This is an awesome calendar widget, and definitely one of the best. The only suggestion is for the month view. Could you mimic the S Planner/Calendar widget in the way it displays data? Not only does it show like a dot on the day with events, but it even shows a small text describing what's on that day. If you could mimic that, I would definitely buy the premium version.

ulipo

Dec 31, 2012
ulisse.wordpress.com
For some reason it didn't show in available widgets list, I had to reboot to get it shown. (Huawei Ascend P1 with CM11)
Loved at first sight, after a couple minutes I already purchased the paid version! :)

deejayburnout

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
soundcloud.com
Wow.

Just saw the link on the XDA blog and have it download.

After a quick look at the agenda UI, I was sold and has replaced my stock calender. This has a far cleaner UI and looks like it is featured packed.
Google calendar sync is a must for me also.

Good job.

Upgraded to premium after 1 minute of looking at this beauty.

2 suggestions though... I think weather depends on having location services on, would be nice if one could enter the location manually so there is no need to keep loc. services on all the time. Another thing is that the text size is too big, maybe an option to change the text size could be useful.

Overall, great little widget, love it!

Colnart

Dec 10, 2013
is there an option to change the weather font color since my background is pretty bright and i can't really see it ?

bland.life

Oct 21, 2010
iron2000.deviantart.com
Maybe there can be an option to change the current day background color in the month calender widget?
Currently using the transparent theme on a black wallpaper and i can't differentiate the current day from the other days.

lomniom

Nov 19, 2008
Tried to buy your app and support development, but the Play Store gave me error message saying that my credit card ending with XXXX is not acceptable. No problem to buy other apps though. Could you please figure out why?

Lazy79

Dec 13, 2008
Munich
politics2day.eu
Just saw it on xda. Installed and bought full version after a minute. Looking good, useful and simple. Really good work. Thanks a lot! I'm just able to recommend it.

Reactions: Syncd

Syncd

Nov 17, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, and glad you're mostly liking it.

I'll try to answer some questions:

For some reason it didn't show in available widgets list, I had to reboot to get it shown. (Huawei Ascend P1 with CM11)
Loved at first sight, after a couple minutes I already purchased the paid version! :)

Some users have reported that (mainly on Nexus 5 with GEL), and we've seen that happen also on CM, but we don't have a clue why it's happening. Did it ever happened to you with any other widgets?

Upgraded to premium after 1 minute of looking at this beauty.

2 suggestions though... I think weather depends on having location services on, would be nice if one could enter the location manually so there is no need to keep loc. services on all the time. Another thing is that the text size is too big, maybe an option to change the text size could be useful.

Overall, great little widget, love it!

Yeah, weather depends on having location services on. I understand your point and i can't promise to implement manual locations, but will consider it.

Regarding text size, have you checked the option "text density"? If you set it to "compact" the text is smaller. Not by much because small text wreaks havoc with the widget layout but it can help.

is there an option to change the weather font color since my background is pretty bright and i can't really see it ?

The weather icon and text color should be the same as the rest of the info about the day, and can be changed with the options "weekday color" and "weekend color". Does this help you, or have i misunderstood?

Maybe there can be an option to change the current day background color in the month calender widget?
Currently using the transparent theme on a black wallpaper and i can't differentiate the current day from the other days.

Considering it. The current day background is automatically set to a little darker and less transparent, and that works well with most wallpapers, but with the transparent widget, this gives the day background a shade of black, so it doesn't show up on a black wallpaper...

Tried to buy your app and support development, but the Play Store gave me error message saying that my credit card ending with XXXX is not acceptable. No problem to buy other apps though. Could you please figure out why?

Hi, the purchase process is all controlled by Google Play, we don't have any intervention there (apart from launching it). Any message you're getting is directly from Google, and we don't have any info about what might be going on. Sorry.

ulipo

Dec 31, 2012
ulisse.wordpress.com
Hi,
Some users have reported that (mainly on Nexus 5 with GEL), and we've seen that happen also on CM, but we don't have a clue why it's happening. Did it ever happened to you with any other widgets?

Nope, first time ever I noticed that behaviour, but I'm not too much inside widgets.
Fun thing is that it was already present in the "lock screen" available widgets list even before rebooting.

Syncd

Nov 17, 2013
Nope, first time ever I noticed that behaviour, but I'm not too much inside widgets.
Fun thing is that it was already present in the "lock screen" available widgets list even before rebooting.

Well, you might just have nailed it.

In the widget configuration we have to say whether the widget is available on the homescreen, lockscreen or both, and the order shouldn't matter, but maybe there's some bug that takes the order into account... And we had the "lockscreen" option first. If that's the case i prefer for it to be immediately available on the homescreen and tell users that they have to reboot for it to be available on the lockscreen rather than the other way around.

Thanks for the info.

ulipo

Dec 31, 2012
ulisse.wordpress.com
Well, you might just have nailed it.

In the widget configuration we have to say whether the widget is available on the homescreen, lockscreen or both, and the order shouldn't matter, but maybe there's some bug that takes the order into account... And we had the "lockscreen" option first. If that's the case i prefer for it to be immediately available on the homescreen and tell users that they have to reboot for it to be available on the lockscreen rather than the other way around.

Thanks for the info.

If that's the case, I'm very happy to have been useful :)

Sirence

Jun 17, 2012
I really love the widgets but can you add a few more options? Like choosing a color for the separator and showing calendar color as bullets instead of squares/lines?

Also, I'd love to change font options per element in the agenda (like making the date bold etc)

Gesendet von meinem Xperia ZL

Last edited:

jaysus145

Feb 4, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Nice, just saw the post on the XDA blog! I've been using this widget on both my phone and tablet since the reddit thread, like others have mentioned, it did not take me very long to upgrade to the premium version.

Keep up the good work Syncd :good:

BinaryTB

Oct 1, 2010
Just tried your app, it's beautiful. I was hoping it would replace my current agenda widget, but to show the same amount of information, I have to use any extra column on my screen. I'm thinking that the "compact" font and other settings might help, but I can't test them out (since in-app purchases don't have a refund window). Can you post side-by-side screenshots of the normal widget and one with all the compact settings enabled please? Thanks!

ilikepeas

Oct 28, 2010
Oxford
Very nice! I've been looking for something simple but effective with a good calendar widget for ages!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

pdahiker

Dec 22, 2006
Northern California
Great job with this widget! I've been using Grid widgets for years but I bought this one immediately because it looks better.

One question: When I was using the free version and I selected an agenda event, I was asked which calendar app to use, and I chose Business Cal, but after upgrading it automatically goes to Google Cal. Is there any way to change that to always use Business Cal (or whichever one is preferred)?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, yet another calendar widget trying to take over one of your homescreens. This one might just be able to...

Hi guys,

This is a simple calendar widget, that strives to be clean, beautiful and useful.
    Main features:
    - 2 widgets: agenda and calendar
    - Agenda shows weather information
    - Several configuration options: widget looks, fonts, colors

Some of the configuration options are locked and only available on the premium version (upgradable in the app). Anyway, i believe that the unlocked options are enough to make it useful. If you don't agree, leave some feedback please.

Get it on Google Play or here.

Some screenshots:

iG9Qdm8.png
    Atj23t3.png

jXjxMNg.png
    YzoiARy.png

Hope you like it and would love to hear some feedback.
    Love it, but I would like to see some options, for example hide "no events" select how many days to get weather for, hide icons, a completely transparent theme and possibility to buy it in play store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    support for google tasks would be fantastic!
    Lovely widget! Got the pro version in less than a minute of use! Could we assign a custom action upon tapping on the weather icon, like another weather app launching?

Sorry, that would imply having more than one action associated with each element in the list, which would have serious performance implications.

2uze8ymy.jpg

Hi, has anyone faced this problem? It happened to me after switching to miui launcher from the market :( thanks.

Yeah, that happens with some launchers (Dodol and Buzz that i know of). Apparently they don't report the correct dimensions to the widget, so it thinks it only has one row of space.

For now the only solution is change the launcher. I'm thinking of adding an option to disable the automatic resize and choose the number of weeks shown.
    Anybody tested with android 5?
    Yes, I do use it with cm12.1 (based on 5.1.1) and Nova launcher and it works flawlessly :)