[Q] Samsung Galaxy Centura ADVICE PLEASE!

Search This thread

Beautiful_Demise

Apr 26, 2014
Hello, I'm new at learning Android and Pc's and hoping I can find someone to assist me. I'm unsure where this post should go, if I've posted in the wrong area please forgive me and relocate this to the appropriate area.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Centura that I have been trying continuously to link to a Compaq Presario xp 7500 desktop pc that was gave to me, so I can reinstall the pc's software since the person who gave it to me wiped out important items needed for the pc to work.
My issue is once I connect my usb to the computer then my phone, it only recognizes the media files and not my usb mass storage.
Now I've asked over at the android forums only to basically be told I'm S.O.L.....so I'm here (where I should of came first) to ask:

1. Can anyone tell me how to get the pc to recognize the Centura 's usb mass storage files instead of just the media storage?

OR

2. Could someone give me step by step directions INCLUDING the correct EXACT command lines to manually install the files downloaded on my Centura that directly to my Compaq Presario xp using an android emulator?

I'd like to attempt to reinstall the software myself as I'm a single mom and computer repair and or a new pc isn't optional due to finances. I'd really like to give my children an opportunity to utilize a pc to help bother their education seeing as I never had this opportunity as a child myself .
Any and all assistance is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.