AT&T Availability ?

Search This thread

iservealot

Jun 11, 2007
Ok so this is what I found out.

The sept 3rd release date was pushed because they are still tweaking the American version.

The U.S. version (at this time) will *NOT* carry the front camera. The phone is also up in the air as far as weather nor they will enable the GPS device.

The device has been pushed back and slated for release with AT&T by the first week of October, at latest.

djaladin

Apr 4, 2006
Columbus
Here's my GUESS, and I'm stating it as a GUESS because I don't know. And it's really pretty unlikely that these sales reps some posters have talked to inside the stores really know either.

I do know that AT&T's current rebate forms run through September 15th, and the Tilt is not on them. Then again, neither is the Razr V9, which was released at the end of last month and has no rebate. So maybe the Tilt will be released without a rebate. But not likely, if you ask me.

I also know that the "AT&T Kaiser" is listed on the eligible/ineligible insurance list for Asurion (AT&T's phone insurance servicer) as ineligible. The fact that it is listed pretty much assures it will be here soon.

Soooo... my guess is around the 15th, give or take a couple days. I'm hoping for that, but I really can't say I have any better idea than anyone else. But I'm passing on the iphone price drop in preparation for the Kaiser.

I hope this helped, though it told nothing of too much certainty!

swtaltima

Mar 16, 2007
Long Beach
Ok so this is what I found out.

The sept 3rd release date was pushed because they are still tweaking the American version.

If this is in fact true, then we have to ask ourselves how a September release is even a possibility. If you consider how many devices they have to load the completed os on. I have seen other forums mentioning this so I just have no idea what to expect. It would be nice to have actual release dates from at&t so these damn guessing games wouldn't have to happen.

RacerX10

Aug 22, 2007
Russellville, AR
I also know that the "AT&T Kaiser" is listed on the eligible/ineligible insurance list for Asurion (AT&T's phone insurance servicer) as ineligible. The fact that it is listed pretty much assures it will be here soon.

Ack ! You can't get insurance for these expensive phones on AT&T ???

I've always had insurance on my HTC phones with sprint.

DLD

psyferre

Aug 15, 2007
I really hope we can get some sort of firm release date/price soon. I managed to get an exception upgrade to an 8525 on august 13th, only to find out two days later that the tilt was coming out. I would totally have waited had I seen the posts beforehand! If it comes out soon I may be able to use the 30 day return period and get a tilt instead....*crosses fingers*

Oh hey, first post :) I've been lurking since I got my 8525, but I thought i had posted somewhere else... hey folks. *wave*

reitjam

May 8, 2007
Champaign
30 day return

I really hope we can get some sort of firm release date/price soon. I managed to get an exception upgrade to an 8525 on august 13th, only to find out two days later that the tilt was coming out. I would totally have waited had I seen the posts beforehand! If it comes out soon I may be able to use the 30 day return period and get a tilt instead....*crosses fingers*

Oh hey, first post :) I've been lurking since I got my 8525, but I thought i had posted somewhere else... hey folks. *wave*

do like i did buy one, use it for like 27 days, return it, then buy another one from a diffrent store, if you can spare $700 yo-yoing in and out of your account.

djaladin

Apr 4, 2006
Columbus
Ack ! You can't get insurance for these expensive phones on AT&T ???

I've always had insurance on my HTC phones with sprint.

DLD

Sprint may use a different insurance company. I know AT&T uses Asurion, and before that was Lock/Line. Neither of those have ever allowed insurance on PDAs. Some of the more expensive "regular" phones like the Razr V9 aren't insurable at the time they launch either. However, the Samsung Blackjack (which is definitely a Windows PDA) IS now insurable. This is actually the first PDA I've ever seen insured through Cingular/AT&T. 8525 and upcoming Tilt aside, the Blackjack would probably be my carrier-branded phone of choice, especially since it's insurable.

mikeeey

Feb 17, 2007
Everett, Washington
there is a finished AT&T from that paul has on MoDaCo. so if they're gonna re make the rom now, they got problems. why would they release an official and finished AT&T rom and then change it? i dont think they will take out the GPS.

Reaper29

Aug 18, 2007
Wesley Chapel
ATT's Killing us

:confused: ATT will keep us in the dark because it builds the hype that they need to sell these type of phones as can be noted by their past releases of the 8125 and 8525, just remember the new ATT is the old Cigular with new blue sign out front and a box of blue shirt's so get used to their ignoring your needs no matter how much you spend with them. Apple was responsable for the Iphone release so don't expect ATT to spend a dime to please us hard core user's:rolleyes:

Last edited:

pierrohhh

Sep 8, 2007
Ok just got off the phone with HTC-americas main dealer and this is what he said after doing some checking. ATT gets it 1st witch we all knew already. Also it showed a Launch date of sept again we knew this.

With a bit more checking he said it showed in his comp that They will be selling it on the 14th with orders going out on the 18th meaning the 11th date could very well be the date ATT goes live with theres.

Again this is right from HTC sales site so info sould be correct.

can u find out when rogers is ganna get it for us canadians?? pleaseeee

pho

Sep 2, 2007
My good friend at corporate for ATT says the launch date is Oct 1. She even offered to pick one up for me cause she gets a 30% discount. It actually works out the same with the expected pricing (she didn't know the pricing yet) for me,with my current" available upgrade credits" but with no contract.

If i can get my hands on one, i'll probably just do it and not wait to have her mail it to me :)

KarmaNP

Feb 19, 2006
Maryland
We will have to wait till Oct.

According to the article in Engadget, we are going to have to wait till October for Tilt to be released from AT&T. However, if it is true then it's not going to be as expensive as it was thought to be initially. For a two year contract, it will cost us $299.