`Cannot load boot.img` on Mac

Search This thread

tossero

Sep 13, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello ,

I am unable to flash the boot.img on my Mac no matter what I do. The error is ` cannot load boot.img `
My device is recognized in fastboot , the other commands are working fine ( for example fastboot erase cache )
This is what I did already :
-I did put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder where adb/fastboot is
-checked MD5/several boot.img`s
-checked spelling ( fastboot flash boot boot.img)
-using the original cable
-install/reinstall adb-fastboot
-tryed different usb port
-reflash recovery

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance !

DivinDuck

Mar 17, 2011
Eh.. this is it!
Thank you !:laugh:

Is it really that symple, no need to install any drivers? Can I simply drag fastboot folder into terminal and type "flash boot"drag the boot.img file from the folder into the terminal and press return... sounds almost to easy, can you confirm this works?

tossero

Sep 13, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Is it really that symple, no need to install any drivers? Can I simply drag fastboot folder into terminal and type "flash boot"drag the boot.img file from the folder into the terminal and press return... sounds almost to easy, can you confirm this works?

If you already have installed adb then you can simply follow the instructions from above .
If not, you will have to install adb from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html .
You may also take a look at this tutorial :http://www.99bits.com/2010/12/how-to-setup-adb-on-mac/

Cheers~

DivinDuck

Mar 17, 2011
If you already have installed adb then you can simply follow the instructions from above .
If not, you will have to install adb from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html .
You may also take a look at this tutorial :http://www.99bits.com/2010/12/how-to-setup-adb-on-mac/

Cheers~

ok I have android sdk installed but I have one more question if this works and I manage to flash boot.img can I type "fastboot erase cache" in terminal to erase the cache? and do I need to put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder or can I simply have it in a fastboot folder on my desktop?

tossero

Sep 13, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
ok I have android sdk installed but I have one more question if this works and I manage to flash boot.img can I type "fastboot erase cache" in terminal to erase the cache? and do I need to put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder or can I simply have it in a fastboot folder on my desktop?

Read the tutorial , you will find all the answers there !:)
Yes, you can run ` fastboot erase cache ` from your terminal and yes ,put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder !

Cheers~

Last edited:
Reactions: DivinDuck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you but no luck.. I get the same error .

Open terminal drag fastboot onto the terminal window 'space' 'flash boot' 'space' drag on boot.img 'return'.
    It sounds like it's not recognising where the file you're trying to flash is located for some reason. Maybe try including the path to the file in the command; for example fastboot flash boot ./boot.img if it's in your current directory.

Yes, you can run ` fastboot erase cache ` from your terminal and yes ,put the boot.img into the platform-tools folder !

Cheers~

Cheers~
    Really works... thank you tossero.