Charging Questions for Z1s

Search This thread

Kanes_Inferno

Jul 13, 2012
Lewisville, TX
Couple of questions.

1. Anyone notice when using a magnetic charging cable that the phone charges at literally half the speed that it does from using the regular usb cable?

2. Does the magnetic charging doc that was made for the Z1 work with the Z1s?

3. Does it charge super slow with the magnetic charging dock too?

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
1. Yes, because your magnetric cable is not original. Many of this cables make problems because they do not respect Sony Specification. Mine for example charge 10% in 1 hour. Some of them working well, but is just luck.

2. Not sure about that but I think you can. I don't think they made a different everything in Z1s.

3. No. I got Original DK31 and in less than 2 hours my phone is fully charged. But if you buy not original one you can face this problem.

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
1. Yes, because your magnetric cable is not original. Many of this cables make problems because they do not respect Sony Specification. Mine for example charge 10% in 1 hour. Some of them working well, but is just luck.

2. Not sure about that but I think you can. I don't think they made a different everything in Z1s.

3. No. I got Original DK31 and in less than 2 hours my phone is fully charged. But if you buy not original one you can face this problem.

Bwahhhhhh what? In less than two hours? What percent was your phone?

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
15%. If you got not original, fake, stuff you get problem with charging. Try Original Sony first, then you will understand.

No I was just asking so I could just use the magnetic charger instead of the cable, the cable takes me like 3 hours to charge unless it's because I plug in the charger with the surge protector thing I have plugged in with my computer. Cause when I charge the phone with just an outlet, not attached to any surge protector or the such, it seems to charge faster but it's probably just me, but anyways if that dock does charge in under 2 hours I will get one from the Sony website lol.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
No I was just asking so I could just use the magnetic charger instead of the cable, the cable takes me like 3 hours to charge unless it's because I plug in the charger with the surge protector thing I have plugged in with my computer. Cause when I charge the phone with just an outlet, not attached to any surge protector or the such, it seems to charge faster but it's probably just me, but anyways if that dock does charge in under 2 hours I will get one from the Sony website lol.

I use the Stock Wall Charger 1.5mAh to 5V with the Original Dock. I spend like 26 euros for a best magnetic cable possible on eBay and it charge 10% in 1 Hour, Unbelievable. BTW, 3 hours from computer is normal because the mAh output is less than the Wall Charger. Next time I will buy original only or I will check the functionality of the cable and if it not working like it should I sand it back. Now I can't because i thought it was fine, but is not.

Reactions: LaosPerson

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
I use the Stock Wall Charger 1.5mAh to 5V with the Original Dock. I spend like 26 euros for a best magnetic cable possible on eBay and it charge 10% in 1 Hour, Unbelievable. BTW, 3 hours from computer is normal because the mAh output is less than the Wall Charger. Next time I will buy original only or I will check the functionality of the cable and if it not working like it should I sand it back. Now I can't because i thought it was fine, but is not.

I wasn't clear my mistake, I meant I had the charger plugged in with the block plugged into an outlet extension( the thing where it plugs into one outlet allowing 5 more things to be plugged in through that one outlet) with my computer also plugged into the extension outlet also, but my phone takes 3 hours to charge, but when I charge it through the outlet alone not into the extension it seems to charge faster.

Kanes_Inferno

Jul 13, 2012
Lewisville, TX
Thanks for the help, I will look into Sony charging dock or magnetic charging cable. Think mine does like 8-10% in an hour... But my phone charges much faster with the usb charger that came with the phone. 3 hours tops and my phone is charged. I'm trying to preserve the flap, so may have to spend more and go straight from Sony, instead of Amazon.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Thanks for the help, I will look into Sony charging dock or magnetic charging cable. Think mine does like 8-10% in an hour... But my phone charges much faster with the usb charger that came with the phone. 3 hours tops and my phone is charged. I'm trying to preserve the flap, so may have to spend more and go straight from Sony, instead of Amazon.

If you buy a DK31 go to Sony. Well spend money and no problem at all. The magnetic cable it's expensive but not original one do not working like they should.

Reactions: LaosPerson

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
okay then, thanks you two for the clarification of the dock, if it didn't charge fast it wouldn't consider buying it but I might now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you buy a DK31 go to Sony. Well spend money and no problem at all. The magnetic cable it's expensive but not original one do not working like they should.
    Bwahhhhhh what? In less than two hours? What percent was your phone?

I use the charging dock that came with the phone, the charging speed is about 1% each minute.
    Definitely worth it if you wanna charge your phone fast

Sent from my Xperia Z1