Why did you get the Desire C?

Search This thread
Jan 18, 2013
Just curious why those here chose this phone. And which phone did you come from? Was it the price? Carrier? Size? Just genuinely curious. I've even thought of getting one myself to play around with which is why I'm here.

Reactions: TheRedHunter

aashay960

Mar 25, 2013
Mumbai
Well yes price was definitely the thing to consider. When I bought this phone, I had very little knowledge of android. I just went with the intention of buying a phone around 11k Rupees. I looked at everything (even blackberry!!). Every phone had its pros and cons. I was a little wary about the 600Mhz processor but then this was the only one with ICS pre-installed. I even considered Micromax Canvas 2 (Indian Brand) but I rejected that because the screen was too big. Specs-wise it would beat the crap out of desire C with a lesser price tag. I wasn't even remotely thinking about rooting at that time :p Then finally I decided to go with this. Now after all this time, I'm really happy with this phone and I consider myself lucky that I stumbled upon this wonderful site called XDA. If it wasn't for Xda, I would still be thinking. "What if I had bought another phone?"

uchihasparky

Nov 27, 2012
Vancouver
It was between the desire c and Samsung galaxy Q (Canada only) for me. Then I face palmed when the galaxy ace 2X came (Canada only) because it was AMAZING and I would have got it if I waited like 3 more weeks before buying a phone. (The ace 2X is what SeannyM bought , he Canadian like me :p)

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda app-developers app

wilberfish

Apr 16, 2013
Manchester
My defy mini needed fixing so wanted a cheap temp phone. Desire c or galaxy ace...tried galaxy ace and it was poo and broke in 1 week so reluctantly got the desire c.
Really like it. With cm10 and a few tweaks it just works. Use this as my main now.

Reactions: LaKsHaY1997

aliireza

Jul 2, 2010
Tehran
i bought nexus 7 tablet so i don't need high-end cellphone
and before desire c i had xperia sola, arc s, htc hd2, incredible s, iphone 3gs, and more :D

RestlessScreams

Oct 17, 2012
The main reason for me was the small price tag.I got it for 160€ which was the highest price I could pay :S
The second reason was the small size (yes, the fact that all mobilephones are getting bigger and bigger is really grinding my gears) and there were roms (which weren't that good as I thought) :D
I came from an old Sony Ericsson Cedar which was my escape from my ****ty Sony Ericsson Xperia X1. But the Desire C really didn't dissapoint me :)

Reactions: TheRedHunter

zlizlo

Aug 14, 2013
For me it was build quality, screen size (4" display devicers are just to bulky for me to carry around) low-ish price tag, and of course vast support on this exceptional community! I didn't even bother to buy sim-free one, got it locked to another carrier on a discount, unlocked it in a jiffy.
Went straight ahead and picked custom rom for it, Sensational V3 from here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320080 and flavored it with an 800 Mhz Prometheus kernel.
I must say I'm impressed! Coming from galaxy 5, on which plethora of various roms were installed, this one is truly a wonderful piece of work.:highfive:
In fact, I was so darn impressed, that I've finally decided to register on the board, after lurking around for years.. :p

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
I really like this phone but it is just not enough for me!( going for a. N4)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

MrToastedAndroid

Oct 31, 2012
It was between the desire c and Samsung galaxy Q (Canada only) for me. Then I face palmed when the galaxy ace 2X came (Canada only) because it was AMAZING and I would have got it if I waited like 3 more weeks before buying a phone. (The ace 2X is what SeannyM bought , he Canadian like me :p)

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda app-developers app

Only good thing about it is the price. I used the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2x and there was lag everywhere. Unlocking the home screen, opening system apps, even the settings were laggy! The cameras are decent, and the 4in screen is OK. I would have chosen the Desire C over the Sammy because of its build quality and its community. I knew that the Sammy was sold in select countries so it wouldn't be supported by XDA, unlike the Desire C. Its what I look for in phones now lol

Reactions: uchihasparky

vega509

Aug 6, 2013
this is my first smartphone, I'm a PC Mobile pay as you go user. My flip phone died after 4 years of use. When I went to the local PC Mobile store this phone was on for $59.90, the Samsung Flip was $49.95, for $10 more I thought I could not pass this one up. There is no contract or commitment on the pay as you go.

I should have bought 2. :good:

Last edited:

bastard79

Jun 8, 2013
this is my first smartphone, I'm a PC Mobile pay as you go user. My flip phone died after 4 years of use. When I went to the local PC Mobile store this phone was on for $59.90, the Samsung Flip was $49.95, for $10 more I thought I could not pass this one up. There is no contract or commitment on the pay as you go.

I should have bought 2. :good:

this was my first smartphone too, i choose budget model cause i need only for calls, and runtastic or runkeeper app, but now i'm using it for listen music, browsing web and play spme games, so next phone must have better specs.

Aman_Arora

Jan 28, 2013
New Delhi
Only good thing about it is the price. I used the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2x and there was lag everywhere. Unlocking the home screen, opening system apps, even the settings were laggy! The cameras are decent, and the 4in screen is OK. I would have chosen the Desire C over the Sammy because of its build quality and its community. I knew that the Sammy was sold in select countries so it wouldn't be supported by XDA, unlike the Desire C. Its what I look for in phones now lol

I am not sure but as far as I have heard.

Samsung provide a 600Mhz processor overclocked to 800Mhz in Ace and Y :(
To cut costs.

HiE.He

:silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly:

ltz200013

Jan 13, 2013
when I bought this phone I didn't have a lot of knowledge about technology, I PAID $400 in a store in New York

abitrubbish

Jul 3, 2011
Price.
I just got mine for £30. Pre-owned, but great condition.

I had to sell my Neus 4 last week and assumed that I'd have to get some terrible feature phone, so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well yes price was definitely the thing to consider. When I bought this phone, I had very little knowledge of android. I just went with the intention of buying a phone around 11k Rupees. I looked at everything (even blackberry!!). Every phone had its pros and cons. I was a little wary about the 600Mhz processor but then this was the only one with ICS pre-installed. I even considered Micromax Canvas 2 (Indian Brand) but I rejected that because the screen was too big. Specs-wise it would beat the crap out of desire C with a lesser price tag. I wasn't even remotely thinking about rooting at that time :p Then finally I decided to go with this. Now after all this time, I'm really happy with this phone and I consider myself lucky that I stumbled upon this wonderful site called XDA. If it wasn't for Xda, I would still be thinking. "What if I had bought another phone?"
    Just curious why those here chose this phone. And which phone did you come from? Was it the price? Carrier? Size? Just genuinely curious. I've even thought of getting one myself to play around with which is why I'm here.
    For me it was either a galaxy ace or desire c...

my choice was dito same
    Changed my choice at the last momrnt when came to know desirec is shipped with ics :D
    My defy mini needed fixing so wanted a cheap temp phone. Desire c or galaxy ace...tried galaxy ace and it was poo and broke in 1 week so reluctantly got the desire c.
    Really like it. With cm10 and a few tweaks it just works. Use this as my main now.
    The main reason for me was the small price tag.I got it for 160€ which was the highest price I could pay :S
    The second reason was the small size (yes, the fact that all mobilephones are getting bigger and bigger is really grinding my gears) and there were roms (which weren't that good as I thought) :D
    I came from an old Sony Ericsson Cedar which was my escape from my ****ty Sony Ericsson Xperia X1. But the Desire C really didn't dissapoint me :)