[Unofficial][Bumped]SlimLP Beta Builds 8/7/2015[D80X/LS980/VS980]

Search This thread

irha

Nov 18, 2010
What do mean by "mixing"? This is the SlimLP thread now.
Sorry, I might have got mixed it up with the original SlimKat thread where at some point folks started talking about SlimLP. I need to go back to that thread and see what happened, but you are right, there seems to be no mix up in this thread :)

SandySemenov

Feb 28, 2012
Saint-Petersburg
20150910 build for D802 can be found here: https://errikos.github.io

It's a University of Athens server, so it should be fast enough.

For best results, wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache and System before installing. In this case, you also need to re-flash Gapps.

Enjoy! :)

PS: I may build other variants soon, if time allows me to. :fingers-crossed:

Hello man ? thanks for your work!
everything looks like working prefect, but I can't fund how to enable showing network speed in status bar. I really liked this feature in aicp, so I wish have it here. Thanks in advance for your answer ?

errikosd

Mar 24, 2014
Hello man thanks for your work!
everything looks like working prefect, but I can't fund how to enable showing network speed in status bar. I really liked this feature in aicp, so I wish have it here. Thanks in advance for your answer

SlimLP tries to keep it simple, that's why it is missing features like that.

You can add that feature with xposed I suppose, but I am not sure.

ACLakey

Mar 18, 2011
K. Falls, OR
Not all the links in the OP seem to be working. I am trying to download the latest TWRP and LP boot stack and get bad links...any thoughts?

NetDwarf

May 30, 2008
@arcardinal : Currently can't compile SlimLP due to a problem with file_contexts.

It stops at: .../out/target/product/d802/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediats/file_contexts: Multiple different specifications for /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/rgb ...
Error loading context file and so on.

I guess it is due to this change: https://review.slimroms.org/#/c/8957/1/sepolicy/file_contexts

Removing the line (regarding the graphics device fb0/rgb) in "device/lge/g2-common/sepolicy/file_contexts" seems to fix the problem. :)

Last edited:

arcardinal

Jul 25, 2010
Twin Cities
Opened a new thread. You can find updates about my custom builds here.

Cheers.

I just realized you had pm'd me about this. Sorry, I haven't been on xda much lately. Thanks for opening the thread. I haven't had time to build for g3, g2 and lgog. Hopefully, official builds aren't too far off.

@arcardinal : Currently can't compile SlimLP due to a problem with file_contexts.

It stops at: .../out/target/product/d802/obj/ETC/file_contexts_intermediats/file_contexts: Multiple different specifications for /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/rgb ...

I guess it is due to this change: https://review.slimroms.org/#/c/8957/1/sepolicy/file_contexts

Removing the line (regarding the graphics device fb0/rgb) in "device/lge/g2-common/sepolicy/file_contexts" seems to fix the problem. :)

I'm hoping to push the changes through gerrit tonight. I have to make the same change for g3 as well. Also, I think I'm done with lg. I will still maintain the current devices, I'm not dropping support. But, I don't plan on buying any new lg devices (outside of nexus) anytime soon. I just picked up a moto x pure and will be helping gmillz get slim on it.

Reactions: NetDwarf

NetDwarf

May 30, 2008
I'm hoping to push the changes through gerrit tonight. I have to make the same change for g3 as well. Also, I think I'm done with lg. I will still maintain the current devices, I'm not dropping support. But, I don't plan on buying any new lg devices (outside of nexus) anytime soon. I just picked up a moto x pure and will be helping gmillz get slim on it.
Oh, have you had any bad experience with LG lately? Sounds pretty devastating although you also state that the support is not completely dropped. That's good news nevertheless I guess :D

And congratulations to the new device :)

arcardinal

Jul 25, 2010
Twin Cities
Opened a new thread. You can find updates about my custom builds here.

Cheers.

Oh, have you had any bad experience with LG lately? Sounds pretty devastating although you also state that the support is not completely dropped. That's good news nevertheless I guess :D

And congratulations to the new device :)

Mainly just the bootloader being locked on the g4, and I didn't really like the g3. It lags like crazy and has really bad battery life.

Reactions: NetDwarf

NetDwarf

May 30, 2008
Mainly just the bootloader being locked on the g4, and I didn't really like the g3. It lags like crazy and has really bad battery life.
Yeah that's true. Best device from LG was the G2 imo. GPS is probably not the best, but with SlimLP pretty much usable at any rate and ofc the design of the G2 is not the prettiest, but the tightest :D

I expect that LG releases the Optimus 2x 2 in 2-3 years ;)

Anyway, thank you for your work and that you keep our devices alive. :good:

arcardinal

Jul 25, 2010
Twin Cities
Yeah that's true. Best device from LG was the G2 imo. GPS is probably not the best, but with SlimLP pretty much usable at any rate and ofc the design of the G2 is not the prettiest, but the tightest :D

I expect that LG releases the Optimus 2x 2 in 2-3 years ;)

Anyway, thank you for your work and that you keep our devices alive. :good:

The g2 is my favorite phone I've ever had. Unfortunately mine has some dead pixels on the screen and it drives me crazy to look at it. I've been contemplating buying a replacement screen for it, but I did that last year and got 3 defective screens. I ended up bricking the device on purpose and got a warranty replacement from at&t.

The g2 will be supported as long as it is possible. Just like I've done with the lgog. I still use all my old devices for testing.

NetDwarf

May 30, 2008
@arcardinal: I synced and compiled the latest 0.10 beta builds and it seems that these are not booting (tested with 3 different modems). I will make a logcat when I got time :)

NetDwarf

May 30, 2008
@arcardinal: This might have been a problem with the Slim core (device independent) anyway, but I just reported it here for now, because I don't know :). After the latest commits I will test again. And yeah I know that your commits are still not merged. Kinda weird, but I will test your commits as well, if I can.

Till your commits are tested I won't produce a Logcat, if the problem persists with new Slim version (because it might be an error that is already fixed by you :) ).

Anyway, thank you for your work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    60d97b83d354d6c1d6afee38721cc7f6.jpg

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Important links:

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.
    -Rom
    -Gapps

Installation instructions
    -You must be using the latest TWRP here
    -You must be on the LP bootstack here
    -Reboot to Recovery
    -If coming from another rom, please wipe everything except internal and external storage
    -Install Rom
    -Install gapps

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

Slim FAQ

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

SlimLP is currently in alpha / beta stage

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms, ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
    arcardinal, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-05-19
    Last Updated 2015-09-27
    I just merged lg's 4.4 source onto github. This week's release will now be built using the updated source. This means you will have to be on a pure KK baseband/modem. I will update the OP to reflect this before the release.

Special thanks for
    • Jackpot Clavin- for getting 4.4 kernel to boot on 4.2 aboot!
    • dr87- Thanks for all the work on getting lg's 4.4 sources to work properly on aosp!
    • houstonn - who made it possible to have kk roms on g2!
    • gmillz
    • TaRsy-for starting the thread and maintaining it.
    • amit_sen - for helping with vs980
    • other devs and users who helped the team

If you want to change DPI (density, "resolution" whatever you call it), try Texdroider DPI from playstore, set to 480 (g2 default):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texdroider.texdroider_dpi
    Edit: Sorry for those looking for the download links. You're just going to have to wait for the upcoming weekly, or a test build if I have time tomorrow after work.

I just wanted to post an update for everyone. First, thank you to everyone for your continued support. Also, sorry for the rant the other day. This month has been hell for me on a personal level.

In regards to Slimkat for the g2. For the upcoming weekly I will be merging a lot of things from dr87 I should have included last week. The most important stuff will be bricked thermal control. I'm hoping this should help prevent black lines. The kernel and device trees will be almost exactly what he is using for mahdi, with very minor tweaks for slim compatibility. This is what I actually built the last test release I put out about a month ago. dr87 basically has 2 branches for the g2. Stock with aosp fixes, and what he uses for mahdi. Last week I was going to merge what he uses for mahdi, but decided to go the stock route at the last second. I thought it would be more stable, especially since I had been running it for 2 weeks prior. I guess I was wrong. So this week will see these updates.

Also, for anyone that hasn't seen my post in the permanent screen damage thread. I'm currently waiting for a replacement screen. I ordered the one that includes screen, digitizer, frame, and comes assembled. I plan on taking my device apart and messing with the hardware. Mainly connector to see if the lines are actually a hardware issue and can be fixed easily. Hopefully everything should be here tomorrow.
    Here are some test builds. I updated the kernel from dr87 and included thermal control and mpdecision. It's the same kernel he uses for Mahdi. Clean flash is recommended for everyone, and is necessary if you are not on last weeks kk build.

d800
    http://d-h.st/wAs

d801
    http://d-h.st/vPA

d802
    http://d-h.st/pia

d803
    http://d-h.st/Io6

ls980
    http://d-h.st/J5t

vs980
    http://d-h.st/p3y