[Q] Phone Storage Encryption Breaks Fingerprint Scanner?

Search This thread

Rootwyrm

Feb 14, 2014
OK, this has to be a bad joke:

I never had an issue with the Fingerprint Scanner on the HTC One Max. It always worked for me. I didn't mind the nuance of having to place my finger on the scanner exactly, because for some reason I always did. It always worked, and it did its job just fine to log me into my phone.

But here's where things don't make sense: when I enable the Phone Storage Encryption, it completely breaks the fingerprint scanner. After I was done encrypting, it disappeared. So its not just broken: its gone. No setting options, doesn't exist anymore under Settings.

This has to be a bad joke. How did HTC not foresee users wanting to encrypt their file system? Why not set up the fingerprint scanner as a means of 2-factor authentication? Obviously Android requires the typed password to log in, but have the fingerprint scanner not even exist anymore? Can't even use it to load special apps? Nothing?

Can someone explain this to me?

I have a lot of other issues with Sense 5.5 (Unable to change lock screen anymore, no proper default video player, no music equalizer installed by default, by a company that prided itself with its Beats Audio EQ capabilities in the HTC One...), but I'm going to leave this here for now. Can anyone explain what the hell happened when HTC designed the fingerprint scanner to "work" on this phone?

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
Did you just register on XDA to make this thread??? OK, thats a bad joke.

if you had searched or read the forum here, yes that is a known behaviour. we don't know the reasons behind all those.