WIFI Problem with cooked roms

Search This thread

MJRL

May 17, 2007
Figueira da Foz
Sometimes i cant get wifi to work, i open comm manager and wifi its turned on even if i have disable it the last time i use. Then i turn it off and turn on again and i cant get it to work. If i made a soft reset with wifi on, the next boot in comm manager the wifi switch its on, but in task bar it's not showing the wifi icon, then i cant connect even if disable and enable.
The only way to make it work again its doing some soft resets, and sometimes even power off, before this i have to disable it in comm manager.

I thought its my phone problem and today installed the standard rom that came with my phone to send it to rma, but before, i try to replicate the problem and no sucess, wifi always working even after turn off, soft reset etc...
I allways do task 29 before flash, except today that i have installed standard rom, then the cooked.

The roms i use to flash are xanny and nrgz, i have the same problem in both, i even try diferent radios...

Any tip?
Thanks

pinhead216

Nov 26, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Since I started flashing I've had this problem. Right after the flash WiFi works like a charm but after the first reset it's gone.

Solution I've been using for more than a year now is the following:
- Goto the WiFi Settings in your configuration settings and push on "Wireless Networks"
- Then "Edit" this profile (in WM 6.5.x the button on the bottom of your screen)
- Then goto "Name Servers" and put in your own
Gateway IP address in the DNS box and/or Wins box
- Press "OK" twice and you'll see the WiFi icon popup in your topbar

I know it's not the best solution but at least it works without having to reset it first (until the next reset. 'cause then you'll have to it again)

Hope it's working for you too.

MJRL

May 17, 2007
Figueira da Foz
Thanks i wil try next time to do that.

Its very weird my phone have almost 2 years and in the begining i start to flash i didn't have any problems like this, the original rom didn't last 24h in my phone, i didn't know exactly when it start to happen, but its only in the cooked roms.
I couldn't replicate it in the original rom...
But now since i installed the original rom and then a cooked rom it only happens once, lets see if it gets better.

dingdong

Feb 5, 2007
Wifi Blues

Hi all
I am also facing similar issues on my Blackstone. I am using blackstonehenge rom and tried energy, kwbr rom as well. But my wifi and blue tooth some how don't work.

Today for the first time wifi signal was identified but it dried down quickly afterwards. No clue how it came or why it went away.:confused::confused:

Please I need assistance. Can any body help Please.:)
Regards

Chef_Tony

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 8, 2008
well, a good start is to flash the latest radio rom. many cooked roms recommend it and have the corresponding rilphone integrated. if you are already on the latest radio, flash a previous version and then back to latest radio. also, after a radio upgrade, a hard reset is recommended. that should usually get it working.

dov74

Jun 13, 2009
Falkirk
Hi,

This may be way off mark but thought I'd mention it anyway.

My WIFI worked fine on my phone, then I flashed my first cooked rom a couple of weeks ago. After a soft reset, WIFI would start and be fine for a few minutes then wouldn't connect to anything.

I went through the settings and noticed that the WIFI was set to "best Battery". I moved this to "best performance" and WIFI has been fine ever since.

Like I say, this may be too simple but mabye worth a try.

Cheers

dingdong

Feb 5, 2007
Wifi and Blue Tooth

Chef
I followed your guidelines but my blackstone Wifi and Blue Tooth are not yet working.
Anyother advise?
Please Help me??
Regards

dejson

May 21, 2007
Sarajevo
Hi,

This may be way off mark but thought I'd mention it anyway.

My WIFI worked fine on my phone, then I flashed my first cooked rom a couple of weeks ago. After a soft reset, WIFI would start and be fine for a few minutes then wouldn't connect to anything.

I went through the settings and noticed that the WIFI was set to "best Battery". I moved this to "best performance" and WIFI has been fine ever since.

Like I say, this may be too simple but mabye worth a try.

Cheers

God Bless You