[ROM] Discontinued [Classicnerd ICS / Pre Alpha JB 4.2.1] Butta HD [12-30-12]

Search This thread
S

-SGA-

I wanted to take some time here and say thanks to you all. Not every day can an average Joe step in to xda and start learning aosp. I have to give a tremendous amount of credit to two people who really helped explain things to get the ball rolling. Those would be Preludedrew and tommytomatoe.

The driving force behind such a project has always been the kind people in here. It would take all day to name everyone, but you who you are!

The decision to discontinue CN was mainly not having time. I've been hard at work trying to get myself in a position to move in to the upper management role at work and its quite a process. So by the time I get done putting in 50-55 hrs a week, there isn't much time for my family. As many may know, having a 5 yr old boy will want a lot of attention which is well needed by both of us. Thankfully my wife has been able to keep the house in order so I can work on my career.

To the others that just like to cause crap, and we all know who you are, its been a pleasure not reading your spam....lol. Not arguing with you, or defending our work because you CANT contribute to this wonderful forum, has been equally rewarding. I really hope XDA admins ban ever one of the trolls or trouble starters. There is too much drama to even worry about it. Family and life are way more important.

Thanks again for everything. Take care

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

I've tried building the source, but seem to get a flashing black screen on boot. I'm pretty sure I can solve the SD card and sound but can't seem to get past this 1 issue no matter how or what source I use.

Did you do anything special to get it to compile into something that works?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

fahd_freak

Feb 8, 2011
I've tried building the source, but seem to get a flashing black screen on boot. I'm pretty sure I can solve the SD card and sound but can't seem to get past this 1 issue no matter how or what source I use.

Talk to Patrickc about it.... He seemed to get everything working.... Almost everything...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

VDub2174

Jul 22, 2010
I wanted to take some time here and say thanks to you all. Not every day can an average Joe step in to xda and start learning aosp. I have to give a tremendous amount of credit to two people who really helped explain things to get the ball rolling. Those would be Preludedrew and tommytomatoe.

The driving force behind such a project has always been the kind people in here. It would take all day to name everyone, but you who you are!

The decision to discontinue CN was mainly not having time. I've been hard at work trying to get myself in a position to move in to the upper management role at work and its quite a process. So by the time I get done putting in 50-55 hrs a week, there isn't much time for my family. As many may know, having a 5 yr old boy will want a lot of attention which is well needed by both of us. Thankfully my wife has been able to keep the house in order so I can work on my career.

To the others that just like to cause crap, and we all know who you are, its been a pleasure not reading your spam....lol. Not arguing with you, or defending our work because you CANT contribute to this wonderful forum, has been equally rewarding. I really hope XDA admins ban ever one of the trolls or trouble starters. There is too much drama to even worry about it. Family and life are way more important.

Thank you for all the work you did!! It's greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: Leoisright

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN

That sounds like the kernel issue. I've had that issue in the past. What I did was change it to use prebuilt kernel in the board_config.mk

If you have the source on git, i'd more then happy to look it over. or send me a link to the device tree so I can comb thru it.

Would love to see someone pick up and go with this.

S

-SGA-

I'll try throwing your kernel from CN in and see if it'll boot.

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
That sounds like the kernel issue. I've had that issue in the past. What I did was change it to use prebuilt kernel in the board_config.mk

If you have the source on git, i'd more then happy to look it over. or send me a link to the device tree so I can comb thru it.

Would love to see someone pick up and go with this.

I've got the Schizoid ROM at the same point, it compiles but boots to a flashing screen. I'll try prebuilt kernel and see what happens.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

drmarble

Jul 27, 2011
10.1 device tree available, developers only

Shumash, SGA and other cm10.1 developers:
I have built a 10.1 rom for the hp tenderloin. I am not posting the actual rom because it has a way to go (no working SDCARD). It is so far from a daily driver that I restore my 10.0 nandroid after testing a build so I can use the tablet. Instead, I am posting a link so other developers can build their own roms and maybe we can get a fully working cm10.1 rom.
My device tree is on github:
https://github.com/drmarble/android_device_hp_tenderloin/tree/10.1-ugly

On the 10.1-ugly branch is a semi working device tree for hp tenderloin cm10.1.
Many more details are included in the README file.

If you aren't set up to build cyanogenmod roms for the tenderloin, this won't be any use to you. It truely is developer only.
It is a work in progress. Very, very much a WIP.
Sound doesn't work.
Camera doesn't work.
Bluetooth doesn't work.
Most important: NO SDCARD!

This is heavily reliant on the work of Arne Coucheron.
His invaluable patches include:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34375
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34377/
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/34374/
and his highly useful google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cGKMXx112gGls9a6ziDTpPgObnU6ZExPy5tByqqIyI4/edit?pli=1
Without his work, I would still have no display.

All my patches are in one big, ugly patch. I included various gerrit patches that my patch is dependent on. I'll work on neatening it up so the commits are readable. I just wanted to get this out there so others could work on it and we can get cm10.1 working.

I think that this is everything.
If you figure out how to get the SDCARD to mount, let me know on freenode #cyanogenmod-tenderloin, RootzWiki, or XDA. Share your work! Between all of us, we can get this working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reserved.

Thanks,
    ~leo
    Hello my fellow classicnerdians,

I just wanted to take this time and talk a little about how we can start being more possitive and less cut throat on some of the new people joining our club.

While a lot of us know that we are a bunch of sarcastic, egotistical, snobbish, nerds, they may not understand 99.9% of the time we are just kidding around. Being a sacastic SOB myself, I sit back and laugh usually. But lets try to turn this ship in the right direction please.

Something I'm considering is to close this thread and start a new one in the next day or two when we drop our ROM for the masses. Why? Well people really would have to fish thru 30 pages of not much related to developement. Also, people are starting to email and pm me pretty much with a bad taste all together from some negative comments.

Heres what I would like to see. Be more positive. Kindly just answer the questions and move on. If its a troll, let's all just pm them and keep the banter down in the thread. Chat like usual but also remember, we are here to developed, abreast question, and help. We do have a fantastic chatroom where we can kick off the shoes and give each other crap.

In the days ahead, we will be expecting a 1,000's of downloads daily and a lot more chat about this ROM verses that ROM. We need to remember, even though its officially our source, its forked from evervolv, who's forked from cm, and team kang is forked from cm. So these ROMs are very similar. Our source will become Modded with all the tricks we can possible make which may give a different approach to the ROM. But keep in mind, we need cm, we need evervolv, we need team kang, and we need all of you to help this community by setting an example of positivity, by choosing to be a leader not a follower, by helping, not slamming. Answer the question and move on. If its been addressed, let it die.

I promised you guys that all donations would be used wisely and they have been. You've assembled a team I'm proud to call my friends, ones that are willing to answer questions at 3am cause I'm stuck. I'm a sense dev at heart, but now am becoming a source dev thanks mainly because of you guys trusting and believing in my abilities so much, now I have confidense to run with the big dogs. I ask you guys do the same.

Thank you all so much. Serious. I won't forget how I got to where I'm at. I just want us to be an example for how a thread should be.

Thanks for listening.

Leo

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    You know what just post it here! Let everyone enjoy!

Maybe just throw it up here and not op yet til tomorrow.

:)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

kk, i was uploading this to mediafire anyway....saving the official release for the website. Sounds good. Consider this the place for the download link.

Download Link

If you are coming from a previous version of classicnerd ICS, you should just be able to wipe cache and flash rom, then flash gapps and ur set. Coming from another rom will require a factory reset, followed by the directions above. Enjoy!

MD5 Link

Guys/Gals Make sure you hit your thanks button to everyone who's helped bring this in to existance.

TommyTomato, Me, CM, Evervolv, Harsh, Misfit, Mindsplit, ewalk, Chubbzlou, TMartin, AOKP, and more.... It's taken awhile to bring this to you but it's a really bad a$$ rom.
    you'll be happy to know that the classicnerd aosp repo is nearly completely.

I have 98% of code uploaded to github. preview here - nothing to checkout yet

I spent a good half of today getting this together. It's going to be a fun experiment.

I am going to do some final revisions and then we will post instructions for how to download then compile your own.

Beginning with the next build we have changelog, bug tracker, et cetera. Being that this is officially our source we finally feel comfortable releasing publicly as our own.

This said......

I cannot give enough thanks and love to dalingrin (on behalf of cm team) and preludedrew (on behalf of evervolv), and also AOKP. I (nor anyone else on classicnerd, I would hope) claim to be pros. But the three parties I mentioned are pros. I thank these guys for doing everything they've done thus far, and if you want to show anyone love these guys deserve it. We are in this for fun and thus far it has been a learning experience (especially since most of us are sense-devs). Once everything is up and official I will post a list of every piece of code borrowed.

I (on behalf of Classicnerd) hope you guys will enjoy what we offer. I look forward to some vanilla flavored Ice cream sammiches.

Good night everyone!