[ROM][MTD]CyanogenMod 7.2.0 UNOFFICIAL by TeamAcid[R13][Mar-22-2013]

Search This thread

fit333

Jun 13, 2009
LA/OC-CA-USA
flashed using the one click ..wiped everything ..flashed many times ..but stops booting after the team acid logo and goes straight into cwm recovery blue..any ideas?????? thanxs

ps. may have been caused by leaving voodoo enabled (blame the booz)

fit333

Jun 13, 2009
LA/OC-CA-USA
K finally got it did a kj6 one click then it worked, now I've got no network after reboot. Worked 2 times after 15 mins now nothing? Other than that, great rom. Thanx

Manumission

Mar 25, 2012
Two quick things that may be of note (but probably are not):

1) The camera seems to always start up correctly in Instagram; sometimes it works right away with the regular camera app, but often I have to do the front-back workaround.

2) Boot to Recovery in the QuickBoot app doesn't seem to work - rather, it simply reboots the phone.

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
You are probably using the modded version. Download quick boot from market.

Also, camera error is a wip.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

dynamicj

Mar 13, 2011
Rock Hill,SC
I would love to post a log but the issue does not lie with that. Every time I install CM7 my nv_data.bin is corrupt. I can go back to stock and any other rom with no issues. So I tried to move the file over and I am getting no space left on device? Any ideas?

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
I would love to post a log but the issue does not lie with that. Every time I install CM7 my nv_data.bin is corrupt. I can go back to stock and any other rom with no issues. So I tried to move the file over and I am getting no space left on device? Any ideas?

It's possible.

ls -l the nv_data.bin before cm7 and after. If the size is different, we'll have to figure out what is different between everyone else's efs and yours.

When you have cm7 installed, do a 'adb shell df' and tell me if /efs is full.

dynamicj

Mar 13, 2011
Rock Hill,SC
It's possible.

ls -l the nv_data.bin before cm7 and after. If the size is different, we'll have to figure out what is different between everyone else's efs and yours.

When you have cm7 installed, do a 'adb shell df' and tell me if /efs is full.

I did note on the CM7 install I showed 0KB available on one install with only lost+found under the directory. 2nd install showed L&F and a Root and Recovery folder with small amounts of data on it but still said 0kb. The phone just booted to Vahalla Final and I know my NV_Data backup was 20mb. Not to sure why the partition did not have enough space for this. And now with Vahalla I am showing a NV_Data.Bin file in root/afs/settings with 256k. I think the backup took the whole folder possibly? Im kinda confused now.

Quick edit the entire efs folder is only 415k. Im not sure what happened with that backup.

Trying CM again I will post results.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

I managed to get the nv_data file over but now I get 000000000 as my IMEI. Kinda lost for words here. Everything works fine on all other roms but as soon as this goes on its over.

Last edited:

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
You get 0's for your IMEI on a TW based rom too? (all the ones based on KJ6). Make sure that it's really that the files in /efs are bad before you try anything else.

You'll wanna go back to stock and check your IMEI, make phone calls, send texts and make sure that all of these features are working, after this you'll need to follow the instructions posted here:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S/SGH-T959V/Installing_CyanogenMod_7

Remember you WILL need to use the efs-backup.zip and efs-restore.zip files in CWM to make sure that your efs files get restored properly on cm7 with the cm7 kernel.

Reactions: bhundven

dynamicj

Mar 13, 2011
Rock Hill,SC
I just copied my original EFS folder to the one on CM7 and I can confirm I am working :). Thinks for the idea about the size's there Brian as soon as I seen that I knew something wasn't right. Glad its fixed! You tha man! **Beer** on me!

Reactions: bhundven

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
i followed the OP and flashed CM7 but it keeps going to the blue CWM, i have flashed twiced already and still doing the samething

bhundven

Remember you WILL need to use the efs-backup.zip and efs-restore.zip files in CWM to make sure that your efs files get restored properly on cm7 with the cm7 kernel.

I did this for the first time today. Worked as prescribed!
Just flash the backup zip before you heimdall the boot.img, and flash the recovery zip after pulling the battery after the heimdall. Then cwm installed cm7 after formating /system and doing a factory reset/wipe cache.

Thanks for these, FB!

hechoen

May 7, 2011
I did this for the first time today. Worked as prescribed!
Just flash the backup zip before you heimdall the boot.img, and flash the recovery zip after pulling the battery after the heimdall. Then cwm installed cm7 after formating /system and doing a factory reset/wipe cache.

Thanks for these, FB!

I would agree thanks FB. Once you have that backup though feel free to flash away. In other words once the backup is put in place it will stay there. No need to reflash it. It's hard to make things simple but here you go

heimdall flash --kernel boot90000000.img

I think that might work for som

bhundven

i followed the OP and flashed CM7 but it keeps going to the blue CWM, i have flashed twiced already and still doing the samething

When I start from bml, I do the following:

1. boot to recovery
  2. mount usb storage
  3. copy over efs-backup, efs-restore, and cm7 cwm zip files.
  4. flash fb's efs-backup zip
  5. power off phone
  6. use a usb jig to get dlmode, plug in the usb cable.
  7. heimdall flash --kernel boot.img
  8. after the phone reboots and you see the galaxy s screen pull the usb cable and pull the battery.
  9. boot to recovery and flash efs restore zip
  10. mounts & storage -> wipe /boot, /data, /cache, and /system... go back
  11. factory reset & wipe cache
  12. install the cm7 zip

Some of that may be my own extra paranoia, but that's how I roll. It always works for me (unless it's some experimental crap I'm not sure will boot or not :p)

Last edited:

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
When I start from bml, I do the following:

1. boot to recovery
  2. mount usb storage
  3. copy over efs-backup, efs-restore, and cm7 cwm zip files.
  4. flash fb's efs-backup zip
  5. power off phone
  6. use a usb jig to get dlmode
  7. heimdall flash --kernel boot.img
  8. after the phone reboots and you see the galaxy s screen pull the battery.
  9. boot to recovery and flash efs restore zip
  10. mounts & storage -> wipe /boot, /data, /cache, and /system... go back
  11. factory reset & wipe cache
  12. install the cm7 zip

Some of that may be my own extra paranoia, but that's how I roll. It always works for me (unless it's some experimental crap I'm not sure will boot or not :p)

thanks alot!! worked out perfect!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
    * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
    * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
    * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
    * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. 
    * Then I will put it in your eye.
    */

By using the ROM you agree with the above terms!

This thread is for the latest unofficial builds of CyanogenMod 7 for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. This version is based only on upstream CM7 (currently CM 7.2.0 RC1). We have not made any theming changes, apk changes, etc. It's exactly how it would be on any other phone that receives CM7 nightlies (usually just slightly more broken). CyanogenMod 7 is stable enough on this phone where it can be used as a daily driver, provided a feature that you require is not broken. That said, you may encounter issues, so don't rely on everything. This is a beta port but we're getting very close to being ready to start the process of becoming official.

This thread is for development. If you have a problem and don't post logs (where relevant) or provide any detail, I will ignore you.

Please report issues with proper grammar, thorough explanation, and speak in a respectful manner. If you are reporting an issue that has already been reported, post some logs (logcat, dmesg, kmsg, last_kmsg, etc).

Working:
    • MTD and YAFFS2.
    • Tiny Preempt RCU in the kernel for lower memory allocation overhead.
    • ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) 5.0.2.8
    • Power Management
    • 2D and 3D Graphics
    • Sound
    • Brightness control
    • Modem/Radio/RIL
    • SMS/MMS
    • WiFi
    • BLN (Requires the use of neldar's BLN application. Use the pro version for the best experience)
    • Ringtones
    • Vibration
    • GPS
    • Rear Facing Camera
    • Front Facing Camera *New
    • Camcorder
    • Video Encoding and Decoding
    • cpufreq/underclocking, etc. No OC/UV.
    • Rebooting to recovery
    • USB Mounting in Android and Recovery Mode
    • Wireless and Wired Tethering
    • Bluetooth
    • Voodoo sound

Broken
    • Rebooting to download mode (not sure if anything can be done about this, short of hacking the bootloader)
    • Car/Desk dock audio
    • TV-Out
    • WiFi-Calling

Known Issues/Bugs

If you find more issues, please check with CM7 gerrit before you think it's a problem with something we've done.

If you find an issue, please provide any relevant logs. It's also preferable to post it to our github issue tracker.

If the error is occuring in /proc/kmsg or /proc/last_kmsg, it's definitely kernel related. Post it on the Kernel Issue Tracker

If the error is showing up in logcat, chances are it can be fixed through modification of our device tree. Post it on the Device Issue Tracker.

Github/Changes: https://github.com/teamacid/

Instructions are in the second post.

Builds are in the third post.
    Builds & Modems

Builds & Modems

Builds

DO NOT attempt to flash these using ClockwordMod Recovery (CWM) 3.0.2.8

Twelfth Release (R13) - 03/22/2013 (04:37:48PM CDT) - Available on GooManager
    update.zip:
    Goo.im
    Mirror
    (md5sum: 48fabdf8be3fe2e52acbb6c008663b90)

Twelfth Release (R12) - 07/03/2012 (10:17:48PM CDT) - Available on GooManager
    boot.img
    update.zip (md5sum: a37b342792132316cb2a44f61cd0e542)

Fixed Eleventh Release (R11B)
    boot.img
    update.zip (md5sum: 5ea86295ef6a095cab83be6cc848def0)

Eleventh Release (R11) - 06/14/2012 (09:17:23PM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip (md5sum: b27ab2d86890381ce4109d613dedff46)

Tenth Release (R10) - 05/21/2012 (9:27:38PM CDT):
    boot.img (debug version )
    update.zip(md5sum)
    Debug note: The debug version is meant to be used temporarily, when debugging a specific feature where extra kernel debugging is needed. Because of this, no external modules such as wifi are provided, causing wifi to no longer work until you go back to the regular boot.img.

Ninth Release (Fixed) (R9B) - 05/10/2012 (11:53:47PM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip(md5sum)
    ADB Note: You need to use the Google USB drivers from now on, as opposed to the Samsung drivers. The Samsung drivers are only used for Heimdall/ODIN now, and not ADB.

I broke it. Use R9B.
    Ninth Release (R9) - 05/10/2012 (06:15:24PM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip(md5sum)

Eighth Release (R8) - 04/30/2012 (12:43:31AM CDT):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Seventh (1st Reset) Release - 04/21/2012 (01:41:41AM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Sixth Release - 04/19/2012 (6:47PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

The download links to these are in the old thread, you shouldn't be using them:

Fifth Release - 04/18/2012 (2:13PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Forth Release - 04/09/2012 (10:17PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Third Release - 04/09/2012 (2:15PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Second Release - 04/08/2012 (12:15PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

First Release - 04/05/2012 (8:12PM PST):
    boot.img
    update.zip

Modems

Here
    Instructions

Build instructions: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S/SGH-T959V/Building_From_Source

Get the build from the thrid post. Make sure you read all the instructions before trying anything!

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Installing CyanogenMod 7 @ SGS4GWiki
    In an email I sent to teamacid members:

M_T_M has helped to convinced me to stick around.

I'm gonna take two weeks off from hacking to get my life sorted out
    and to clear my mind.

When I come back, my threads (heimdall, cm7, and kernel) will be
    unlocked and updated.

Until then, I'll be hangin out in #teamnerd in case you guys need any help.
    Alrighty, video recording is fixed. Give me around an hour and a half to post a new build.

:D It's beta now. It's also thinking about getting official time.

Edit: If I don't have it up in an hour and a half or so, I probably fell asleep.

Edit2: I forgot about the front facing camera orientation. I want to fix that before I post the build. It'll take some trial and error.