Simple guide to [VM firmware recovery thread] v2

Search This thread

rlentz2009

Apr 16, 2010
I have look through so many pages on the threads that I think I might be going cross-eyed...lol... Has anyone else have been trouble with applying a charge to your Sprint account from the play store? I can't figure out if the problem started before or after the VM firmware goof... SO I thought I check with guys to see if anyone else is having this problem... I'm currently on the phone with Sprint and after two weeks of trying to figure this out... They are just saying its no longer allowed... When I just reset the play store and it gave me the option to apply it to my Sprint bill...

And yes my bill is FULLY paid just answer the question that going through some people's mind...lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, who's ready for good news? :)

One phone that was getting no signal... has been brought back to life and re-activated... All sprint banners, and I just spoke to him on that phone ;)

So, we have a fix, but I'm going to spend some time getting this down to a little less complicated of a process hopefully.

I've got a few more testers making sure that certain things go according to plan. Once I get a few successful tests in a row, I'll consider it stable and release to public.
    Close guys. I'm lucky to have two phones right now to try different things on and have been pretty much out of service for the past two days trying to get this sorted out. Unknownforce has been putting in overtime trying to fix this and i've been trying out his creations :D
    The thread is created, but just not ready yet. I have just sent out another wave of "test" PM's to have a few more people test this... Hoping for positive results here. Fingers are crossed.

Not trying to keep everyone waiting, but I don't want to be the cause of Sprint getting an influx of "dead" devices.

I'm trying to get this done as quickly as possible, I need a break from this :eek:
    As a mini update, I'm taking a few steps back and starting over a little bit here. The patch still isn't producing the results I'm looking for. As such, I have a new phone coming shortly, and someone else has a new phone that they are willing to test with me as well, so we're both going to pull complete emmc partition dumps and I'm going to study them to the T and find all the changed parts...

This will take some time, but it will be the correct way to do it. with the mixed results I've gotten so far, I'm thinking that it's possible that something other than the radio_config has changed here... and if that's the case, I need to find where that is, so that we can make sure we're not missing anything.

So, while this will set us back a little bit, it will also help find anything that I could be missing, and ultimately get a proper patch and also open up the door to some interesting abilities for the new tool. (refurb status reset, RELOCKED -> LOCKED, lifetime stats reset, and possibly more)

Basically the more I study it the better it's going to be.
    Ran into a few issues when freeza tried it, delayed a little bit... will update tomorrow. Be patient guys.