[Q] Adblock and age restrictions question on Galaxy Tab 3

Search This thread

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
I am interested in buying Galaxy Tab 7 3.0 for my son, he has been using playbook until know, which he enjoys but the lack of games and application is forcing him to spend his time on youtube.
On stock youtube app on playbook, there are no video commercials, it somehow skips those.

If I buy a Tab 7 3.0 is there anyway to a) Install adblock plus to get rid of video commercials and b) is there anyway to set age restriction so kids won't watch weird videos that always happen to pop in "related" column or at the end of video.

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
You can root and use adaway. It works on YouTube really well. I think you can change the settings on YouTube to it will filter for age restrictions.

Thanks,
Levi Woodard
Sent from the XDA premium app.

Thank you.
There are no special editions or model numbers I should be avoiding, right? Is there any "unrootable" version like an OTA or an update I should avoid?
Thanks!

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
I have a 210r from best buy that sells for 150 and I laid out 40 for a belkin case. I am happy with it I am rooted but I am looking at a to right now to test.

Thanks,
Levi Woodard

Awesome, so T210 is a good one to get, right?
I am looking into purchasing this:

Mfr Part #:
SM-T210RGNYXAR
UPC:

I guess it is the same rootable model. Which root method would you recommend? I don't really need anything fancy, sure I can understand a custom rom would make this run a lot faster, but I was wondering if I should look for a debloat rom or some other custom rom.
Thanks again for your replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used a prerooted file that works pretty well.. It does take a while to flash though.

Thanks,
    Levi Woodard