[Q] Will there be any ports for our device?

Search This thread

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
What everyone is liking about the nexus is that it runs pure stock android with no bloatware.which I love as well but occasionally I tend to get bored and flash Roms like crazy. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there was an lg u.i port on the nexus 4 not sure if it went through daily driver state but it was a port. Will the nexus 5 have a similar port ? Or are there any devs out there working on any porting of some sort?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Sounds like a couple of budding devs. Why don't you learn how to port roms and make them

Reactions: Zepius

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
Sounds like a couple of budding devs. Why don't you learn how to port roms and make them

Lol figured someone would get butt hurt about it like always.xda used to be a place where people can come to for info..share ideas..post issues..ask for help..no wonder most devs now a days have there own website and stay away from xda. It was a simple question no need to be rude about it.if I wanted to learn how to port and make Roms I wouldn't be posting the question now would I?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Lol figured someone would get butt hurt about it like always.xda used to be a place where people can come to for info..share ideas..post issues..ask for help..no wonder most devs now a days have there own website and stay away from xda. It was a simple question no need to be rude about it.if I wanted to learn how to port and make Roms I wouldn't be posting the question now would I?

I didn't mean to be rude. I was serious. There are a number of threads on xda on how to port roms. With some patience it's not that hard to do.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Most ports are partial or only partly working. People who end up with full ports are lucky. An inordinate amount of work and effort goes into porting full roms. Arguably more than most roms....and often the effort just isn't justified.

You may see the odd one two floating around. Theyre generally done by the person who ultimately wants it rather than by request so there will either be someone who wants to do it and try, or there wont

In regards to why many devs leave xda, its more out of frustration from the influx of non-searching, non-reading, "make my phone kewl" crowd we seem to be buried in.. when devs answer the same question on every page of their thread, its easier to start your own forum and ban all the idiots

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most ports are partial or only partly working. People who end up with full ports are lucky. An inordinate amount of work and effort goes into porting full roms. Arguably more than most roms....and often the effort just isn't justified.

You may see the odd one two floating around. Theyre generally done by the person who ultimately wants it rather than by request so there will either be someone who wants to do it and try, or there wont

In regards to why many devs leave xda, its more out of frustration from the influx of non-searching, non-reading, "make my phone kewl" crowd we seem to be buried in.. when devs answer the same question on every page of their thread, its easier to start your own forum and ban all the idiots

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit