Honeycomb Original Boot Animation

Search This thread

Darius_bd

Aug 27, 2010
Santiago + Gdynia
Hi there ppl, here I post you a link to a lil modified version of the original honeycomb rip boot animation that will work in our Arias fullscreen. Is just the dimensions changed in the desc.txt file but it'll save you sometime (as I had to go all the way to get how boot animation worked q: )

Here how it looks on a Nexus S: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrAoqgAzKyQ

If you're running CM7 it should be as simply as replacing the bootanimation.zip located in /data/local/ with this one (use root explorer or ES file explorer with root explorer option to navigate there). If you're running another ROM (and you dont have a bootanimation at /data/local/) take the second version and flash it in recovery. Not sure if that would work (havent tried) but it'll replace the animation found at /system/media/ folder as our Arias are s-on still.

Bare Version (just drop it in /data/local/)

Recovery Flasheable Version (replaces bootanimation found at /system/media/)

Darius_bd

Aug 27, 2010
Santiago + Gdynia
There's really no science to have it, you just need to replace the bootanimation.zip in /data/local/ (that folder is hidden, you need root explorer to get in there, is in the phone memory, not the sdcard)

bkmo

Jun 25, 2008
10° 5' 59" North, 84° 16' 84" West
There's really no science to have it, you just need to replace the bootanimation.zip in /data/local/ (that folder is hidden, you need root explorer to get in there, is in the phone memory, not the sdcard)
The original is in /system/media. Putting a bootanimation.zip in /data/local will supercede the original. It looks great on the aria. Thanks for the port.

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
It should work on any rooted phone, CM or not.

Also, there's no need to use root explorer. Just place bootanimation.zip on your sdcard root and open Terminal Emulator:

su
cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
reboot

Works like a charm.

Some of the versions floating around have white flashes between the loops - this one fixes that:

http://lts.cr/QHX

Reactions: lsusparky621

Darius_bd

Aug 27, 2010
Santiago + Gdynia
Some of the versions floating around have white flashes between the loops - this one fixes that:

The white flashes happens when there are foreign files inside the folder with the PNGs. In most case, a certain thumb.db hidden file I think we all have meet before ;)

Perhaps I did it wrong, but the image appears rather pixelated to me during load up.

You can try cooking your framework and add the HC boot animation @ the UOT Kitchen

Last edited:
E

E.Cadro

Thanks this is awesome. Took me a while to install it. Running liberated 2.2 based on the gratia release and none of the above methods worked. Finally replaced the boot file in system/customize/resource with this one and flashed the whole Rom thru recovery no wipes. Worked perfectly.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using XDA Premium App

cHarley04

Dec 21, 2010
FloriDuh
Wow, it looks great and the install was a piece of cake. I don't really spend much time watching the phone boot, but it's cool anyway. :)

ninjajtm

Sep 22, 2010
awesome boot animation, but i'm curious about changing the boot image like the one in the video to like a picture in my gallery?

AriaUSer_

Jan 27, 2011
Hagerstown
Did it wow for a complete noob, if no one doesn't know how to do this shouldn't be rooted at all lol.

1. Get root explorer
2. Download his bare version and put it right on ur sd card so u can find it
3. Then go to phone on root explorer go out of where it first takes u via back button
4. Copy the bootanimation.zip
5. Then it'll have a option to paste hit back button it will take u back to where u were
6. Go to data/local/ and hit paste
7. Reboot and watch the awesome boot!

-AriaUSer_

Did it wow for a complete noob, if no one doesn't know how to do this shouldn't be rooted at all lol.

1. Get root explorer
2. Download his bare version and put it right on ur sd card so u can find it
3. Then go to phone on root explorer go out of where it first takes u via back button
4. Copy the bootanimation.zip
5. Then it'll have a option to paste hit back button it will take u back to where u were
6. Go to data/local/ and hit paste
7. Reboot and watch the awesome boot!

-AriaUSer_

Better yet:

Copy the bootanimation.zip file to the ROM zip file (system/media folder) and THEN copy the ROM file to your device using your choice of file exchange.

The first thing I do with new ROMs is to delete the files I don't want or need (like the language files) and add those I want to have (e.g., the original CM7 email app that supports color-coding accounts).

You can also replace the ROMs bootanimation the same way.

I've significantly reduced the size of the ROM by getting rid of unnecessary ring tones (who needs 50 of them?), programs (e.g., ROM Manager), and wallpapers (e.g., smoke, other useless ones).

I can shave typically 5-7 MB off the size, which may not seem like a lot, but helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there ppl, here I post you a link to a lil modified version of the original honeycomb rip boot animation that will work in our Arias fullscreen. Is just the dimensions changed in the desc.txt file but it'll save you sometime (as I had to go all the way to get how boot animation worked q: )

Here how it looks on a Nexus S: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrAoqgAzKyQ

If you're running CM7 it should be as simply as replacing the bootanimation.zip located in /data/local/ with this one (use root explorer or ES file explorer with root explorer option to navigate there). If you're running another ROM (and you dont have a bootanimation at /data/local/) take the second version and flash it in recovery. Not sure if that would work (havent tried) but it'll replace the animation found at /system/media/ folder as our Arias are s-on still.

Bare Version (just drop it in /data/local/)

Recovery Flasheable Version (replaces bootanimation found at /system/media/)
    It should work on any rooted phone, CM or not.

Also, there's no need to use root explorer. Just place bootanimation.zip on your sdcard root and open Terminal Emulator:

su
    cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    reboot

Works like a charm.

http://lts.cr/QHX