[ROM / Wi-Fi][7/8] - CleanROM 2.0 -★| UBLA1 Base! | Fast! | Stable! | Clean! |★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sudhirkhanger

Jun 29, 2010
Good to see you here.

Will try it this evening. Looks like all my Android gadgets are running CleanROM.

S

S0ckM0nk3y

Great job man looks really nice just waiting on my tab to come back from Samsung. I'm using a demo at the moment.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

xpakage

Oct 23, 2010
Oklahoma
Hahaha

Yeah, meeting some old acquaintances here. You guys should have told me how cool Tablets are. Now I dont even want to look at a phone any more, lol

LOL. I have a SGS II that has become a modem/data tether :p

I am running pershoots kernel with this and I am having no problems if anyone is wondering.

guih

Jan 5, 2011
Sweet guys! Thanks for the info!

I might play around with that kernel tonight...

But I am dead in lonve with b00steds AOSP theme. That is so on point right now!!!

As keyboards... I am pleny happy with Swype. I like. Samsung keyboard is fine too. But thats just me....

-Scott

I think the Samsung keyboard is great when it works, I use it for editing docs, but for browsing the web it messes up on me frequently for some reason. Currently I'm on the ICS ROM and the keyboard is seriously so awesome.

sudhirkhanger

Jun 29, 2010
Hahaha

Yeah, meeting some old acquaintances here. You guys should have told me how cool Tablets are. Now I dont even want to look at a phone any more, lol

Yeah I know what you are talking about.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Sweet guys! Thanks for the info!

I might play around with that kernel tonight...

But I am dead in lonve with b00steds AOSP theme. That is so on point right now!!!

As keyboards... I am pleny happy with Swype. I like. Samsung keyboard is fine too. But thats just me....

-Scott

I highly recommend SwiftKey keyboard for tablets. You can switch between full and thumb version and most of the time you press a few keys to type a whole sentence.

File Manager HD for Honeycomb is my personal choice for file manager. ES Strong is good for phones.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
For what is worth, Pershoot enlisted quite a few of us to help debug the hell out of his kernel before he ever released it. By far it is the best kernel out there, and as far as stability goes, i probably fastboot'ed, wiped and reflashed a thousand times to make sure everything was rock solid.

Im playing with this kernel now and it is very nice! I got it clocked to 1.4GHZ and its no joke.

What do you guys normally clock it to?

xpakage

Oct 23, 2010
Oklahoma
Im playing with this kernel now and it is very nice! I got it clocked to 1.4GHZ and its no joke.

What do you guys normally clock it to?

Personally I do not over clock it. I need stability more than that extra nanosecond to open something :p I have read where some run at 1.6. I type way to slow to lose 30 minutes of work to a hickup due to being over clocked :eek:

Scott

Personally I do not over clock it. I need stability more than that extra nanosecond to open something :p I have read where some run at 1.6. I type way to slow to lose 30 minutes of work to a hickup due to being over clocked :eek:

Fair enough... I like to OC just to say.... Wooo look how fast I can make it go! lol

I OC Everything. I have Core i7 2600K that stocks at 3.8GHZ Max. I bought a liquid cooler just so I can OC the hell out of it just to say I hit 4.8GHZ and can almost max the WEI :p

Not bragging.... lol

attachment.php

Hahha... Ok, I am bragging, lol... Back to the ROM ahahahah....

But yeah, I can respect not wanting to OC. The kernel comes stock at 1.0 and I was thinking of scripting it to 1.2 but I think I will just leave it at 1.0.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Scott

Attachments

• WEI.jpg
    WEI.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,390

Scott

CleanROM 1.1 is now available!

CleanROM1_GT-P7510-3.jpg

changes.png

Changes in version 1.1 - 2/10/2012

Kernel: pershoot Kernel 2.6.36.4 - OC-VFPv3-d16_FP 1.4GHZ
Reworked: Framework and SystemUI to give closer to AOSP look. Its a WIP and may have some minor issues.
Added: Stock Touchwiz Theme to SD Card for those who prefer it
Added: Performance and battery tweaks
Added: Antutu CPU Master
Added: Xoom Browser
Added: File Manager HD
Updated: Swype 3.25.91.34889
Removed: Power on and power off sounds
Removed: ES File Explorer

Complete Change Log: CleanROM Change Log

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)

theROMinator

Nov 23, 2010
Loving the effort you're putting into this so quickly :D. Any chance of there ever being a (complete) non touchwiz rom?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
@scosler

Hey bro. nice to have you here! noticed you have a 02sysctl in your init.d. figured if you wanted a config for it i'd throw it at ya. its what i use in my roms and seems to work pretty good. i've attached to this post for you. just throw it in system/ect. also, if you want the extended power menu build into your rom (no quickboot app) just let me know and i'll edit the framework for ya.

Attachments

• sysctl.conf.zip
    225 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:

ipnekgs

Nov 16, 2010
First, thank you for your work!!

Don't' know if you are accepting requests but I'm sure there will be others that will agree with the request below.

AOSP Email, Contacts and Calendar apps for this rom. Samsung versions are really ugly.

Just a humble request!

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM / Wi-Fi][7/8] - CleanROM 2.0 -★| UBLA1 Base! | Fast! | Stable! | Clean! |★

CR2-GT.png

about-blue.png

• CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Samsung Stock ROM with some performance enhancements!
    • ROM is odexed and based on firmware version P7510UBLA1.7510ZTOLB1_ZTO Brazil!
    • ROM is Multi-Language!
    • Apps are up to date as of 7/8/2012.

features-blue.png

• Fast, Smooth, and Stable. Just like you expect from CleanROM!
    • Removed Most Samsung bloat apps!
    • Go Launcher HD
    • File Manager HD
    • Fully Odex
    • Zip Aligned

changes-blue.png

Version 2.0 - 7/8/2012
    • Complete rebuild on P7510UBLA1.7510ZTOLB1_ZTO Brazil Firmware
    • ROM is now completely ODEXED for the smoothest experience possible!
    • Removed: APM for now until I rebuild it on new base!
    • Changed: Launcher to Go Launcher HD
    • Removed: Fast Reboot
    • Complete Change Log: CleanROM Change Log

prerequisites-blue.png

installation-blue.png

• Place ROM on SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe all data / Factory reset!
    • Flash ROM
    • Profit!

md5-blue.png

55EC83E9943B76E0C954AEF8D187B208

XDA App and Tapatalk Users can download HERE
    You must set your Mobile Browser set to desktop view!

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

themes.png

None at this time due to ROM being Odexed for performance!!!
    Introducing CleanROM 2.0!

CR2-GT.png

about-blue.png

• CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Samsung Stock ROM with some performance enhancements!
    • ROM is odexed and based on firmware version P7510UBLA1.7510ZTOLB1_ZTO Brazil!
    • ROM is Multi-Language!
    • Apps are up to date as of 7/8/2012.

features-blue.png

• Fast, Smooth, and Stable. Just like you expect from CleanROM!
    • Removed Most Samsung bloat apps!
    • Go Launcher HD
    • File Manager HD
    • Fully Odex
    • Zip Aligned

changes-blue.png

Version 2.0 - 7/8/2012
    • Complete rebuild on P7510UBLA1.7510ZTOLB1_ZTO Brazil Firmware
    • ROM is now completely ODEXED for the smoothest experience possible!
    • Removed: APM for now until I rebuild it on new base!
    • Changed: Launcher to Go Launcher HD
    • Removed: Fast Reboot
    • Complete Change Log: CleanROM Change Log

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development :)
    Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Thanks!

-Scott
    @scosler

Hey bro. nice to have you here! noticed you have a 02sysctl in your init.d. figured if you wanted a config for it i'd throw it at ya. its what i use in my roms and seems to work pretty good. i've attached to this post for you. just throw it in system/ect. also, if you want the extended power menu build into your rom (no quickboot app) just let me know and i'll edit the framework for ya.

CleanROM1_GT-P7510-3.jpg

changes.png

Changes in version 1.1 - 2/10/2012

Kernel: pershoot Kernel 2.6.36.4 - OC-VFPv3-d16_FP 1.4GHZ
    Reworked: Framework and SystemUI to give closer to AOSP look. Its a WIP and may have some minor issues.
    Added: Stock Touchwiz Theme to SD Card for those who prefer it
    Added: Performance and battery tweaks
    Added: Antutu CPU Master
    Added: Xoom Browser
    Added: File Manager HD
    Updated: Swype 3.25.91.34889
    Removed: Power on and power off sounds
    Removed: ES File Explorer

Complete Change Log: CleanROM Change Log

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering. Hit the Donate button if you really like it :)