CyanogenMod 11.0 for HTC One - m8

Search This thread

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
CyanogenMod 11.0 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Nightly Build of CM11.0 for the HTC One (M8).

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Installation Instructions
  1. You must unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com (unless ofc you are on the dev edition).
  2. You must have a custom recovery installed
  3. Go to http://get.cm/?device=m8 and download the latest CM11.0 nightly.
  4. Locate 4.4 Gapps via a quick Google search.
  5. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM11.0 already.
  6. Reboot into recovery and install.

Changelog

Huge thanks:
invisiblek, toastcfh, deck, interloper, Flinny - Great team to work with for the HTC M8 device family.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11.0 for HTC One - m8, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
h8rift, deck, Flinny, interloper, invisiblek
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-05-07
Last Updated 2014-06-29

farru503

Dec 4, 2012
Yes! Is this compatible with T-Mobile m8?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

w4itg

Apr 13, 2013
The link takes you to the complete list and m8 isn't there only m7

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

HughesNet

Apr 3, 2013
Awesome! I love this Rom. Could anyone help me get the system partition to be writable? I need to remove system apps and I can't seem to get titanium backup or ROM Toolbox to do it.

aveulivm

Apr 25, 2012
Sweet just want to give my thanks to all that are currently working on cm and to future contributors.

HTC One

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11.0 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Nightly Build of CM11.0 for the HTC One (M8).

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions
    1. You must unlock your bootloader via htcdev.com (unless ofc you are on the dev edition).
    2. You must have a custom recovery installed
    3. Go to http://get.cm/?device=m8 and download the latest CM11.0 nightly.
    4. Locate 4.4 Gapps via a quick Google search.
    5. Fully wipe your device from Recovery if you are not coming from CM11.0 already.
    6. Reboot into recovery and install.

Changelog

Huge thanks:
    invisiblek, toastcfh, deck, interloper, Flinny - Great team to work with for the HTC M8 device family.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11.0 for HTC One - m8, ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    h8rift, deck, Flinny, interloper, invisiblek
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-05-07
    Last Updated 2014-06-29
    Greetings all. New to the site but not to modding. I came from a GS4 on MJ7 (Thoroughly locked down, could only root) and recently bought the HTC One M8 because I missed Cyanogenmod, which I had on my GS3. With a nightly build, I expected issues but I could not find a concise list of current issues. I've read through nearly all 140+ pages of this forum, so I'm going to put a quick list here for anyone else contemplating going to CM or wondering if their issue is unique (Hint: It probably isn't). This list is current as of this moment and issues already fixed are not identified:

GPS - Does not recognize any satellites. Flashing a sense ROM, getting a fix, then reflashing CM works for some (did for me).
    Duo Camera - Feature not available yet. Might come at a later date, might not.
    Corrupt Partition - Forced shutdown may cause partition to become corrupt, making the ROM believe that the phone is encrypted. Fastboot is another culprit.

Hope this helps someone figure out what are known issues. If I have missed any unresolved issues please let me know -- I'll update this list.

Bill
    First Nightlies are out tonight! Enjoy!
    Yeah, sorry for the delay. Just got the speakerphone fix in.

Also, the M8 will get Milestone 9 (M9) release.