Any LG Flex Users got to a M8?

Search This thread

psn1819

Apr 4, 2008
Philadelphia
So, can anyone who has owned both phones and used them for a while (like at least a week or more) tell me which one has better battery life between G2 and M8? Spec wise G2 has bigger battery but M8 has smaller screen and newer processor.... Can someone please tell me which performed better in battery department in real life use? Thanks

It's a mix bag ...I had all 3...the g flexs 3500mah battery is very strong and can last long like 9-10hrs on a single charge. it just the p-oled and few older features drain it...I'd also say that even though the g2 has a 3000mah and the one has a 2600mah the battery life is pratically the same which is kind of strange but that might be a snapdragon 800vs 801 thing ...they last around 7-8hours on a single charge..just bare in mind that you can't lose with any of them really..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skrap3

Aug 1, 2008
Krefeld
I had a LG g2. With my new contract on T-mobile i got a new m8. 2 weeks and I was back on my LG. M8 is bigger but with a smaller screen, Sense 6 sucks hard in my opinion and the battery life wasnt even that close to the g2. Camera sucks on g2 but for me it's the better Phone.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
I had a LG g2. With my new contract on T-mobile i got a new m8. 2 weeks and I was back on my LG. M8 is bigger but with a smaller screen, Sense 6 sucks hard in my opinion and the battery life wasnt even that close to the g2. Camera sucks on g2 but for me it's the better Phone.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lolz.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 2

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
well, I had a flex for 6 months,(actually 3 of them), and I did like the phone, even if the graphics(720P) were just so so; my last one had bad ghosting, but that went away after the 4.4 update.

I dumped the flex a few weeks ago for an M8, and I have to say I like this phone ALOT more; smoother, much better screen and sound, and tons more development, if that's what you are into. Also, endless accessories for the M8, and hardly anything for the Flex..

The flex battery is the king of all batteries, no doubt, but the M8 easily lasts me all day, so that's all that I really care about.
I thought I would have a problem with a smaller screen, but, in the summer, when shorts are worn a lot, its easier to keep my pants up with a M8 in my pocket than it was with the Flex :laugh:

I am waiting to see what the Note 4 brings to the party, and also, to see if HTC comes out with a M8 MAXX; THAT would be my phone of choice if that happens, but who knows what the future holds.

Freshly_Snipes

Aug 3, 2011
Atlanta
I had mine for 6 months (JUMP) and just traded it in with T-Mo...The battery on the M8 and the Flex is abut the same honestly,,,,I'm 6'5 234lbs with big hands. But after use for so long my depth of perception changed and all phones curved outwards. I also experienced a cramp in my thumb area. However, I loved it to death but I basically got bored. The M8 sound is craaaazy good and the screen is sweet. I have to get used to the screens material when swiping and the size. I mistype a LOT on it. But overall the M8 is the better device IMO.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How the hell can you give an honest opinion about a phone after only one day of use? I bought the Flex for two reasons. The first reason was the battery, I had a nexus 4 prior to getting the flex and the battery was horrendous. The second reason I bought the flex was because of the large screen and 6 months of Netflix that came with it.
    Sure, the flex has its flaws, but what phone doesn't? I'll admit that at first I hated the flex because of two reasons. The first being the button layout for the volume and power buttons, that took a little time to get used to, but it eventually grew on me. Another reason that I didn't like the flex was because it was on 4.2 and T-Mobile is taking there sweet time to release it.
    Saying a 720p screen hurts your eyes is a little much, don't you think so? I guess it was impossible for you to use a cellphone until the oppo find 5 came out (I think that it was the first phone to have a 1080p screen). Yeah it's extremely easy to judge the flex (or any phone for that matter) from one day of use. I swear, just about everyone is a spec whore. Bad voice quality? I think that the voice quality was a plus for a flex, it wasn't perfect, but it was better than the voice quality on most of the phones I've owned.
    I've owned my m8 for a couple of days now and it definitely has its flaws, but instead of bashing it after only owning it for a couple days, I'm going to use it for a couple of weeks and give an HONEST opinion. But one thing that I can say for sure is that the navigation bar button layout just sucks, I've given it a chance on other phones, but I just hate not having a designated menu button.
    @sweets55 I know, every time I pulled my flex out, people would ask me if I bent my phone or if I bought it that way lol.

Thread Cleaned.

While everyone is rightfully subject to their own opinion regardless of duration of ownership with any device, this discussion needs to remain respectful to anyone both participating and reading.

Thank you,

Neo
    Forum Moderator
    Never owned the g crap or gflex I should say. Played around with one and I hated it. Sorry it's an LG thang. Had one LG and never getting another one. I have a M8 now and loving it. The M8 to me from Wat I experienced destroys the gflex in everything way there's no comparison.

Sent from my Insanely powered M8 using Tapatalk

Correct sir. No comparison. The screen is 720p, has ghosting issues. Lol. And for those who won't admit that, lol, it was confirmed by LG, and AT&T. Plus, if I remember right, there's no SD card slot.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hey sweets55, just picked up a m8 yesterday, so far I'm loving it.

I can't say for sure, but from my usage on the phone, the batteries of the flex and m8 are not comparable so far. I do like the screen size better. The one thing that made the flex superior to the m8 was the option to change the button layout on the navigation bar.

Coming from the TMO G2, I have to say that I love this device. Build quality is truly mazing and the way it just feels in your hand just screams flagship. The battery is lasting me the same as the G2 doing exactly the same things. Picture quality honestly is really good for me( I am not the one to be taking pictures all day long). The M8's display seems a little bit sharper to me.
    the things I miss from the G2 are the pop up windows for mms and calls. I also miss the stock UI's customization.
    Over all I am extremely happy that I gave HTC another chance. I have had the M8 exactly one week today and it is THE ONLY PHONE I HAVE not ROOTED out of the box.