Photon Fixes and Mods **BEING UPDATED**

Search This thread

That_Guy0505

May 10, 2011
Houston
Hey guys, just wanted to make a quick post on how to get Th3Bill's themed apps to work on 0.4.0 Here is what I did (coming from 0.3.3):

Reboot into recovery (I used joker's custom recovery located Here)

Then wipe cache/dalvik using Th3Bill's cache/dalvik .zip located Here

Then flash 0.4.0 and reboot *Do not flash Gapps yet!*

Reboot back into recovery and use the cache/dalvik .zip again

Flash Th3Bill's themed apps .zip located Here and reboot

Boot back into recovery (yes, again)

and flash joker's gapps v11 located Here

reboot and enjoy!

Use this method for version(s) 0.4.0 to 7.0.0

Boot into recovery and flash latest version located Here (No wiping necessary)

Then flash gapps v12 located Here and reboot

Boot back into recovery and flash Th3Bill's themed apps .zip located Here and reboot

Boot back into recovery, flash gapps v12, reboot, and enjoy!

If anyone has any issues with this process, feel free to send me a pm.

If this helps, please hit the thanks button because it makes me look :cool:

Last edited:

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
Ive noticed, with Jokers Custom Recovery that a lot of flashable zips not made specificly for his, they wont flash.

It's not joker's CWM...least I don't think it is. It's the syntax our phone requires to run the .zip. Each manufacturer has its way of implementing these scripts...they use similar wording, but different "style". If you want to see how easy they are (it's really simple once you really look at a few .zips). Good places to look
1) Unzip a .zip I have posted and look at the updater-script in /META-INF/com/google/android This will give you a good idea of how to set it up. Each line has an action followed by (plus whatever you want cwm to do) followed immediately by ; No spaces between lines.
2) THIS SITE will give you the commands (actions) as well as what information you need to follow them with.

Hope this helps...any questions, I will try to help...I know some things...but please understand if it's beyond my abilities :)

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado

MobileAllStar

Aug 13, 2010
Anyone know if its possible to install a "text reflow" option on cm9 like the ones from previous cm versions... Always loved how text and pages would adjust based on pinching to zoom in and out...

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
it's more than likely going off of the stock based widget is well. We may have to find an external ice cream sandwich themed widget to use.

Posted with SwiftKeyX on my CM9 Motorola Photon!

I just realized that those apks weren't developed for the Photon...they're from some other phone. You're probably right that the widget is being based off the stock widget for that phone...

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado
I have a "Fix" for the thing popping up in status bar telling you to "select input method" every time you open keyboard. Haven't seen this covered, if it is by all means remove this post though. Not really much of a fix, but it was something that drove me nuts trying to make go away.

Settings - Manage Apps - All - Scroll to bottom and find one with bunch of Japanese characters - Select disable. You should be good to go from there without annoying status bar message everytime you open keyboard.

Have we got a fix for 0.3.3 yet?

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
App to get to launch *#*#info#*#*

Dug this out of a MIUI rom, I don't remember which one cuz i have like 5 MIUI roms from different devices unzipped, looking for goodies that work on CM9.

It's an app that goes directly to the phone info screen that we use to change the network status from let's say CDMA AUTO to GSM / CDMA AUTO.

No more need to open up dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*

In the first screenshot, you can see the app icon for phone info and the second one is what it opens up to when you open the app. Enjoy :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-14-00-05-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-14-00-05-42.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 465
  • Screenshot_2012-03-14-00-05-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-14-00-05-50.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 455
  • Phoneinfo.apk
    9 KB · Views: 63

NewMan4Life2010

Mar 16, 2010
OMAHA,NE
Dug this out of a MIUI rom, I don't remember which one cuz i have like 5 MIUI roms from different devices unzipped, looking for goodies that work on CM9.

It's an app that goes directly to the phone info screen that we use to change the network status from let's say CDMA AUTO to GSM / CDMA AUTO.

No more need to open up dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*

In the first screenshot, you can see the app icon for phone info and the second one is what it opens up to when you open the app. Enjoy :)

This is a free app on The Google Play Market (https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm15Yy5waG9uZS5QaG9uZUluZm8iXQ).

illidan8984

Mar 8, 2009
I have followed all steps to install CM9 0.3.3 but android.phone.com force close still occurred. Is there any other way?

Th3Bill

Feb 6, 2012
Where I Am
I have followed all steps to install CM9 0.3.3 but android.phone.com force close still occurred. Is there any other way?

You followed the steps in the post on the first page? I know that there are different directions on the main cm9 thread. The directions on here...if you follow them to a T, should get you a working version of 0.3.3...

illidan8984

Mar 8, 2009
You followed the steps in the post on the first page? I know that there are different directions on the main cm9 thread. The directions on here...if you follow them to a T, should get you a working version of 0.3.3...
I followed these steps:

If you run into issues with 0.3.3 not booting up after doing a fresh install, do the following:
1) Format /System, /Data, and /Cache (can use the Wipe-All-Photon.zip in POST 6 for this)
2) Flash 0.3.1 from above link and Gapps
3) Reboot and allow phone to come to main screen but do not sign in, reboot back into recovery
4) Wipe /Cache and Dalvik (can use Wipe-Cache-Dalvik-Photon.zip in POST 8 for this)
5) Flash 0.3.(2, 3 +++)
6) Fix permissions
7) Reboot...should work now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIXES AND MODS ONLY

SINCE MIUI V4 HAS BEEN BASED ON CM9, MANY OF THESE FIXES MAY WORK

DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS WITHIN THE THREAD

We already have the entire CM9 main thread overrun by repeat questions.

If you have a question regarding something on here, Private Message either myself or the persons I am crediting so that we may help you without mucking up this Thread with "Can you help me with this?"

Feel free to add Mods and Fixes that you feel might be useful for others.
    If you didn't make it, be sure to give credit to the person who did.
    Please also post a link to their original post so others can thank them for their work.

Thanks to everyone who developed these fixes and to the devs for putting together a great ROM for our phones.

FYI...I DID NOT MAKE THESE MODS OR FIXES (UNLESS I SPECIFY THAT I DID PUT SOMETHING TOGETHER). PLEASE GIVE THANKS TO THE PEOPLE WHO CAME UP WITH THESE FIXES AND MODS

:)
    Proper Flashing of ROMs (updated 9/6)

PROPER FLASHING OF ROM

Requirements:

Photon 4g-Must be rooted, unlocked, and have CWM on it (I recommend Jokerax's CWM V3)
    A ROM ZIP
    Gapps .zip

If you have already rooted, unlocked, and CWM'ed, skip 1-4 :)

1) FIRST, go HERE and watch this video. It's how to install Android SDK. This will be important if you mess something up later and need to reinstall SBF. It also allows you to flash CWM to your phone.

2) Unlock Bootloader: Watch the video HERE. The links to the files you need will be in the "show more" area of the video. This will have you unlocked and ready for next step.

3) Rooting/CWM: Watch the video HERE. The links to the files you will need will be shown in the "show more" area of the video. Now you will be rooted and have CWM on your phone

4) Joker's CWM: Since this was made with his CM9 build in mind, I recommend using it for all your CM9 flashing needs. Using other ones can cause problems.
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    Go to Joker's site (Jokersax.com) and download the "cwm-non corrupted" in the "Cyanogenmod9 for Photon 4G" section, placing the file on somewhere on your phone you can easily find (I usually create a folder in my SD-Card called "ROMS".
    Boot into your recovery and select "install zip from sd card"
    Find the CWM .zip where you put it, and flash it.
    You will now have Joker's CWM on your phone and be ready for flashing

NOW YOU ARE READY TO FLASH

PROPER FLASHING:

STANDARD FLASH ROMS
    1) Place ROM zip onto storage on your phone (of your choice)
    2) Reboot into recovery
    3) Make a Backup (if you don't, it's YOUR bad if you mess up...)
    4) Use Wipe All Zip found HERE
    or
    Wipe /system, /data, /cache manually
    This is recommended...some roms you can get away with just Cache and Dalvik wipe, but many require the full wipe treatment
    5) Flash Rom zip
    6) Flash Gapps (optional)
    7) Reboot and Enjoy

AROM BASED ROMS
    1) Place ROM zip onto storage on your phone
    2) Reboot into recovery
    3) Make a Backup
    4) Go to Advanced Menu
    5) Choose Report Error
    6) Choose Show Log
    7) Choose Reboot Recovery
    ***THESE 3 STEPS SHOULD BE DONE ANY TIME YOU FLASH AN AROMA BASED ROM***
    8) Flash Rom zip
    9) Inside rom, you can choose your wipe option and other options.
    10) Install
    11) Reboot and Enjoy

CHEERS!
    MMS "fix" (updated 9/6)

cm10 mms fix

NEEDS
    1) THIS -apns-conf.xml file that has proper apn settings
    2) Tools.zip <--located here
    3) Patience

How to Fix:
    1) First you will need to edit your framework-res.apk using the How To HERE
    2) After decompiling framework-res.apk, you will go to folder /res/values
    3) Open file arrays.xml
    4) Scroll till you see a section that looks like this : <array name="config_cdma_dun_supported_types" />
    5) Change it to this:
    <string-array name="config_cdma_dun_supported_types">
    <item>default</item>
    <item>dun</item>
    <item>mms</item>
    <item>supl</item>
    </string-array>
    6) Save the file
    7) Go to bools.xml
    8) Find line that says : <bool name="config_mms_content_disposition_support">true</bool>
    9) Change it to : <bool name="config_mms_content_disposition_support">false</bool>
    10) Save the file
    11) recompile the framework-res per the above how to....do not skip any steps.
    12) Insert the framework-res.apk into THIS file and flash it to your phone in CWM
    13) go to the build.prop in your phone in Root Explorer or Root Browser
    14) Edit the following lines:
    # CDMA Carrier support - Native carrier is Sprint
    #ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
    #ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
    #ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
    #ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99
    #persist.radio.cdma.min=0
    15) Change it to look like this:
    # CDMA Carrier support - Native carrier is Sprint
    ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120
    ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Sprint
    ro.cdma.homesystem=64,65,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,83
    ro.cdma.otaspnumschema=SELC,1,80,99
    persist.radio.cdma.min=0
    16) Save the file
    17) Place APN-conf.xml above into your /system/etc folder using root explorer or root browser
    18) Go to app section of system settings and clear data
    19) Reboot into recovery
    20) Fix permissions
    21) Reboot into your phone and you're done!

EASY, RIGHT?! :)
    Version 0.3.1

THIS IS FOR ANYONE WHO FULLY WIPED BEFORE INSTALLING 0.3.3 AND ARE HAVING DIFFICULTIES WITH IT NOT BOOTING (OR IF YOU JUST WANT TO RUN 0.3.1 ON YOUR PHONE INSTEAD

Photon CM9 0.3.1

If you run into issues with 0.3.3 not booting up after doing a fresh install, do the following:
    1) Format /System, /Data, and /Cache (can use the Wipe-All-Photon.zip in POST 6 for this)
    2) Flash 0.3.1 from above link and Gapps
    3) Reboot and allow phone to come to main screen but do not sign in, reboot back into recovery
    4) Wipe /Cache and Dalvik (can use Wipe-Cache-Dalvik-Photon.zip in POST 8 for this)
    5) Flash 0.3.(2, 3 +++)
    6) Fix permissions
    7) Reboot...should work now :)
    Full-wipe-zip

do not use this before 0.3.2 if coming from 0.3.1 or else you may not have your phone boot