Virtual Tour Shot Camera Mode

Search This thread
Anyone have any idea how to use this? When I select this mode, I get the pop up window that explains what it is and the message at the bottom to align the circle with the pointer, but the screen shows a blue dot inside the white circle no matter where I'm pointing, which orientation I'm holding the phone and there's no option to activate the camera....it's grayed out, and the settings are for the video only. I can tap on the video button, but then it just records video.

Anyone have any idea how to actually use this mode?

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
Follow the information on the screen. It'll tell you what to do. The dot will be your focal point and the Circle will eventually pop up. You'll need to go either left or right or straight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Ok, after 30 mins with Samsung tech support and then booting up into Safe Mode, we determined that there's some 3rd party app that may be inhibiting the VT Shot function, because it DID work in Safe Mode. I even uninstalled the google camera app.....Although that didn't seem to be the issue.....with this in mind, and knowing that this phone is not rooted, what's the best approach to help identify which app could be the culprit here? I don't want to wholesale factory reset and slowly add one app at a time....any ideas?

Ok, after 30 mins with Samsung tech support and then booting up into Safe Mode, we determined that there's some 3rd party app that may be inhibiting the VT Shot function, because it DID work in Safe Mode. I even uninstalled the google camera app.....Although that didn't seem to be the issue.....with this in mind, and knowing that this phone is not rooted, what's the best approach to help identify which app could be the culprit here? I don't want to wholesale factory reset and slowly add one app at a time....any ideas?

SOLVED! I FIGURED OUT THE CULPRIT! On my old S4, I was using the app "Moves" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.protogeo.moves) which was a Pedometer app. But now that S Health is so integrated with the phone, I actually don't need it, so when I removed it, Virtual Tour Shot cam mode started working. Makes sense that the app would interfere with the motion sensor.....

Reactions: ex-28
SOLVED! I FIGURED OUT THE CULPRIT! On my old S4, I was using the app "Moves" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.protogeo.moves) which was a Pedometer app. But now that S Health is so integrated with the phone, I actually don't need it, so when I removed it, Virtual Tour Shot cam mode started working. Makes sense that the app would interfere with the motion sensor.....

i bet you feel soooooooo relieved. its one of the best feelings in the world to go through meticulous trial and error and finally find the problem. congrats i really know how you feel haha

ZapD

Nov 16, 2008

OK !!!
"Moves" removed and it's working !!! :good::D

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.