[Icons] Metrogloss

Search This thread

Taine0

Nov 22, 2010
Hey everyone,

Just made a nice clean/simple looking icon set to be used with desktop visualizer.
I love the metro icons made by yankoa, but not a big fan of just the basic tile everyone seems to use. So i went about making my own set of metro icons.

c9XU0.png

Originally i just made enough for my home screen, but decided to do a whole set.
I've put induvidual items on my drop box, as well as the whole .rar.

FD1at.png

I also put SMSunreadcount and the icons used in the above shot in the .rar.

metrogloss
metrogloss dropbox gallery
Metrogloss zip file

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sms unread count icons

There are now icons for SMS unreadcount widget, that fit with the rest of the set and large tile icons which are 250x250 (used for the image above) just put them on your SD card under: \data\com.kanokgems.smswidget and then select the icon using SMS unread count when creating the widget. You will need SMS unread count installed first, though. Download from market, it's free.

I have now made additional colors

We now have red, green and black. Still haven't gotten round to making more, yet. But thought I'd do the easiest/quickest thing.

metrogloss green

metrogloss red

metrogloss black

Zip with the new colors.

heres a psd for people to make their own versions/play around with

metrogloss PSD

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

----
half of pack two is finished
-----
Right, made everyones requests. Sorry if I've forgotten a request.

metroblue pack 2

metrogloss green pack 2

metrogloss black pack 2

metrogloss pack 2 zip

I'll be adding them all to the original galleries and zips, just easier for people to find them for now.

Attachments

• metrogloss.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,079
Last edited:

Tsjoklat

Apr 5, 2010
Hey everyone,

Just made a nice clean/simple looking icon set.
I love the metro icons made by yankoa, but not a big fan of just the basic tile everyone seems to use. So i went about making my own set of metro icons.

c9XU0.png

Originally i just made enough for my home screen, but decided to do a whole set.

FD1at.png

metrogloss

If enough people like them, I plan to do different colors and such

Love 'em! Thanks

Taine0

Nov 22, 2010
Good stuff!!!
Could you please make a xda and desktop vizualizer icon?

XDA
desktop vis1 desktopvis2

You'll have to let me know how the desktop vis looks on the phone, couldn't find a good highres image to use for it! Also made two version depending on how people like their text!

Are you using an app like desktop visualizer for the larger phone sms and email icons with the call/sms/email count?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Hey, i thought i uploaded the large tile icons, but only the SMSunread application.

Sms unread count icons

There are now icons that fit with the rest of the set and large tile icons which are 250x250, just put them on your SD card under: \data\com.kanokgems.smswidget and then select the icon using SMS unread count when creating the widget

I'm going to update the original post with this stuff, too.

Last edited:

frwan

Dec 23, 2010
Thankx !!!
Desktop vis1 is the best for me.
Small text looks better on my htc legend.

Taine0

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for all the good feedback! I plan on making some more android based app icons when I get some time, angry birds, titanium backup, etc.
Most likely this weekend!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

Just made a nice clean/simple looking icon set to be used with desktop visualizer.

c9XU0.png

FD1at.png

metrogloss
    Metrogloss zip file

Sms unread count icons

There are now icons for SMS unreadcount widget, that fit with the rest of the set and large tile icons which are 250x250 (used for the image above) just put them on your SD card under: \data\com.kanokgems.smswidget and then select the icon using SMS unread count when creating the widget. You will need SMS unread count installed first, though. Download from market, it's free.

I have now made additional colors

We now have red, green and black. Still haven't gotten round to making more, yet. But thought I'd do the easiest/quickest thing.

metrogloss green

metrogloss red

metrogloss black

Zip with the new colors.

heres a psd for people to make their own versions/play around with

metrogloss PSD

----
    half of pack two is finished
    -----

metroblue pack 2

metrogloss green pack 2

metrogloss black pack 2

metrogloss pack 2 zip

I'll be adding them all to the original galleries and zips, just easier for people to find them for now.
    GngDr.png

Preview of the latest icons, very work in progess. The reflection is be part of the icon, will shrink them down so they're not over sized, though.

Just fancied something different, doubt I'll make many of these, though. Probably just the applications I use and some base ones.
    Hey everyone,

Just made a nice clean/simple looking icon set.

c9XU0.png

FD1at.png

metrogloss

If enough people like them, I plan to do different colors and such

Love 'em! Thanks
    hi can teach how to make the reflection ? been searching abt how to do but fail..

You have to do it with photoshop or GIMP. What I do is duplicate the image, transform>flip vertical, move it into position. Add a layer mask to the flipped image, use a black and white gradient on the mask to give it some transparency, then lower the transparency for the whole image.

Ill get round to making a whatsappicon soon.

I need to actually finish that other icon set, too.

metroblue pack 2

metrogloss green pack 2

metrogloss black pack 2

metrogloss pack 2 zip

---
    Added to original post too.