Z1S (tmo), swype problems

Search This thread

recharged95

Oct 1, 2010
I did the diagnostics with the touch screen, and turned out ok, but sometimes I get swype issues that are similar to the touchscreen problem on older Z1's-- you can see the swype drag line break up and I get garbage (2-3 letter) words onto my text fields. If I change hand positions/put the phone down, and retry--swype works fine. Anyone else having similar issues?

Don_Perrignon

Jan 13, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, USA
I did the diagnostics with the touch screen, and turned out ok, but sometimes I get swype issues that are similar to the touchscreen problem on older Z1's-- you can see the swype drag line break up and I get garbage (2-3 letter) words onto my text fields. If I change hand positions/put the phone down, and retry--swype works fine. Anyone else having similar issues?

Yep, I am. I think people on the Z1 were having the same issue, but some firmware fixed the problem.

recharged95

Oct 1, 2010
Interesting, I'm on fw 14.2.C.0.159 (C6916), and definitely seeing it (device test was ok). I'm going to check another phone at the store...

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
Try the one handed keyboard skin. It works better for me.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

feddexx69

Jul 8, 2013
man I keep seeing this statement about .136 fixing this problem..it does NOT,believe me know all devices are different but bug still there, you will see eclyptos once ur z1 arrives

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
man I keep seeing this statement about .136 fixing this problem..it does NOT,believe me know all devices are different but bug still there, you will see eclyptos once ur z1 arrives

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app

agree! after flashing .136, problem is still there.

i have already highlight this issue to a sony rep at their forum few days ago. he have already escalated this issue.

recharged95

Oct 1, 2010
Trying to hit the store tomorrow.... But I can't reproduce the error consistently, but I have gotten it to fail on the touchscreen test mainly on the lower half of the screen. And every time, if I reposition my hand, it fixes itself. I do notice more dust on the screen when it has problems.

Makes me think the screen is too sensitive in certain cases (dust, fingerprints,??) , or considering this problem started after I got a very, very fine scratch near the top of the screen....i.e. a scratch on the anti shatter film is creating some problem. I'm getting a zagg screen protector but it would be nice if Sony offered a replacement film.

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
Trying to hit the store tomorrow.... But I can't reproduce the error consistently, but I have gotten it to fail on the touchscreen test mainly on the lower half of the screen. And every time, if I reposition my hand, it fixes itself. I do notice more dust on the screen when it has problems.

Makes me think the screen is too sensitive in certain cases (dust, fingerprints,??) , or considering this problem started after I got a very, very fine scratch near the top of the screen....i.e. a scratch on the anti shatter film is creating some problem. I'm getting a zagg screen protector but it would be nice if Sony offered a replacement film.

i play dead trigger 2 in landscape, it also have problem on the upper half of screen.

i always clear the dust before using it. therefore not the dust tat cause the problem.

Top Liked Posts