[Q] Photon Q in Montreal

Search This thread

adrienspawn

Dec 4, 2010
Bootloader unlocked,. but in a boot loop with CWM Recovery. Battery too low to flash new recovery in via fastboot.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I assume those are GSM carriers? Might work, see below.

There is no developer edition of this device. They all have unlockable bootloaders - but you're not looking for that. You mean carrier unlocked... which the SIM in the Q is fixed, not 'user-accessible'....

There are folks in Europe who have hacked the device to put their own SIM in.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1929143

Good luck.

adrienspawn

Dec 4, 2010
Hi thanks for the reply, yes I was hoping to use it on GSM (Fido), but wouldn't mind CDMA/LTE/etc so long as it works.

got the bootloader unlocked using motopocalypse.

Last edited:

adrienspawn

Dec 4, 2010
Oops. Tried flashing CM10.1.3 and on reboot it hung at the CM logo. Also have CM11's zip on the sdcard, but it fails installing (error 7). Can't seem to push any files onto it using adb.

edit: now its mostly staying with the screen off and the green light..sometimes I get the "warning:bootloader unlocked" screen.

edit: i let it sit for a while and it wound up in CWM. still cant see it with adb though.

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Oops. Tried flashing CM10.1.3 and on reboot it hung at the CM logo. Also have CM11's zip on the sdcard, but it fails installing (error 7). Can't seem to push any files onto it using adb.

edit: now its mostly staying with the screen off and the green light..sometimes I get the "warning:bootloader unlocked" screen.

edit: i let it sit for a while and it wound up in CWM. still cant see it with adb though.

Flash an updated version of recovery in fastboot mode (TWRP 2.6.3.1: http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/asanti/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-asanti_c.img ), go to recovery and flash your CM11 zip.

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
This happens when you use a faulty cable/charger. Try a Motorola cable and charger if you have. If you do, try a different cable.

I've had this problem several times. Always with a defective/non-Motorola-compliant cable and/or charger.
The Micro USB cable that came with my Powerbank does this and a 5V USB charger that came with a no-name camera. But also a Philips 2.1A USB charger.
So again, try a different, preferably original, charger and/or cable and hopefully you will be fine.

adrienspawn

Dec 4, 2010
This happens when you use a faulty cable/charger. Try a Motorola cable and charger if you have. If you do, try a different cable.

I've had this problem several times. Always with a defective/non-Motorola-compliant cable and/or charger.
The Micro USB cable that came with my Powerbank does this and a 5V USB charger that came with a no-name camera. But also a Philips 2.1A USB charger.
So again, try a different, preferably original, charger and/or cable and hopefully you will be fine.

You're right! Thanks for your time. I was using one that I had for my HTC G2, and the one that came with it (eBay) I assumed was Motorola's but taking a closer look it does look generic. Tried a blackberry 1.8A(highest) charger to bring the battery to full charge and successfully got into fastboot to flash twrp and then cm11.

Last edited: