[Q] Using Stock Recovery to Downgrade

Search This thread

SphereOfCuriosity

Feb 17, 2013
Alrighty, I'm new to this neck of the woods, but I did the obligatory forums search and didn't find anything on it, so here goes.

I was messing around this afternoon, playing with ADB and my new Note 3, rebooting into the recovery that looked familiar (sorry for potato, but you get the idea), and I had an idea that I'd not seen: Is it possible to use the stock recovery to downgrade to an official Jelly Bean firmware, then root and have fun?

If anyone has any insight as to how this may or may not work, please, let me know.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Alrighty, I'm new to this neck of the woods, but I did the obligatory forums search and didn't find anything on it, so here goes.

I was messing around this afternoon, playing with ADB and my new Note 3, rebooting into the recovery that looked familiar (sorry for potato, but you get the idea), and I had an idea that I'd not seen: Is it possible to use the stock recovery to downgrade to an official Jelly Bean firmware, then root and have fun?

If anyone has any insight as to how this may or may not work, please, let me know.

Unfortunately no. Downgrading is not possible at this time.

SphereOfCuriosity

Feb 17, 2013
At no one in particular: What about Heimdall?
I doubt what I'm thinking of is original, but I've yet to find a thread already started with this topic. If this is in the wrong section, apologies.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
I believe that heimdall has been tried and failed. These bootloaders are signed with keys that we can't Crack within a reasonable amount of time. We need something that can be exploited or a leak.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: SphereOfCuriosity

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe that heimdall has been tried and failed. These bootloaders are signed with keys that we can't Crack within a reasonable amount of time. We need something that can be exploited or a leak.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app