[Q] phone discharging when on PC USB or car charger

Search This thread

georgekg

Sep 7, 2010
Hi! Here on XDA I found few similar situations, with various phone models, but no right answer...

I have a brand new battery (but same situation was with the old one) and when I connect my Note to the PC USB connector or when I plug it in my car charger, phone is still discharging if the screen is on. If the screen is off and if I close all apps, wi-fi and GPS it is charging but very, very, very slowly. Only if I plug phone into wall charger it doesn't matter if the screen is on or off, is it wi-fi or GPS turned on or off, phone is charging normally. I try few different cables, but still the same. Computer have only USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports so it isn't a USB 1.1 case. I have also HTC HD2 and it is charging normally no matter where it is plugged - wall, PC, car (same chargers, same cables, same PC...) HD2 is charging in my car even if the GPS and navigation is turned on.
Any thoughts?
Thank you!

NickDH

Jul 10, 2014
Huntsville
ponygonal.tumblr.com
Laptops tend to only put out 500ma which isn't typically enough for the Note. It cod be a mixture of low amperage chargers and slow charging cables. The Note (imo) is pretty inefficient on stock roms.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

georgekg

Sep 7, 2010
Thank you! I'm not charging it over laptop, but over desktop PC and in my car. I try to charge it with Samsung original cables, with HTC original cables and with cheap china made cables, all 3 cases - same. Also I'm not using stock ROM but SOKP KITKAT ROM