Phone doesn't turn on anymore (Flashed wrong ROM)

Search This thread

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
I read a lot of horrible storys about LG's RMA :|
It's not my phone by the way. I think I will try an RMA and buy a new one at the same time ... does anyone know what that could cost me?

LG has no RMA, they got a repair service. Just send it to them, they are the manifacture of the phone, even though you heard terrible stories. And a new 16gb model costs 350$, 32 gb around 400$. I hope the owner isn't that mad about it

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
It's not my phone by the way. I think I will try an RMA and buy a new one at the same time ... does anyone know what that could cost me?

A nexus 5 costs the same price as a nexus 5.

If you're going to fraud, then we can't be friends. Goodbye

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rest0ck

Apr 2, 2011

I meant the LG repairing with RMA - I'm not really familiar with the word "RMA" ..thought it means something like "Sending the product to a company and get it repaired" or whatever.

I already send LG an email.

So can we be friends again? :(

I found a used but in perfect state 32gb nexus 5 in black. Showed it my girlfriend (it's her phone) "but I want my white nexus" .... well .. no used phone found.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
I meant the LG repairing with RMA - I'm not really familiar with the word "RMA" ..thought it means something like "Sending the product to a company and get it repaired" or whatever.

I found a used but in perfect state 32gb nexus 5 in black. Showed it my girlfriend (it's her phone) "but I want my white nexus" .... well .. no used phone found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_merchandise_authorization
http://swappa.com/buy/nexus-5-unlocked/

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1

Then buy a new phone? Or wait for the repair

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

OK. Only google RMA. Its a "return to manufacturer" process that involves returning a faulty product and getting it replaced under warranty.

You can send a phone to LG to repair.

rest0ck

Apr 2, 2011
Ah okay I see, thanks.

Well.. oh man .. this day is ruined already.
I guess there is no other way to get access to the internal storage? There is probably no .. normal ..sd card inside the phone? =)
That's was bothers her the most.

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Ah okay I see, thanks.

I guess there is no other way to get access to the internal storage? There is probably no .. normal ..sd card inside the phone? =)

It's eMMC. If you wanted to retrieve your data it'll probably cost you more than buying an entire new phone (or multiple in some cases). Honestly, if you have something important, don't keep it solely on your phone as it's the most stupid place to put it. Make a backup of your important data, or don't keep it on it in the first place.

Reactions: danarama

rest0ck

Apr 2, 2011
Hm okay :/

Btw when I plug the phone in, windows installs a driver for "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008" ..?

rest0ck

Apr 2, 2011
Uhm I found a download for the emmc software download tool with a manual how to flash a bootloader.
But I'm not quite sure how it works. Does anyone maybe have a link or can tell me what to do or if I'm able to do it?

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Uhm I found a download for the emmc software download tool with a manual how to flash a bootloader.
But I'm not quite sure how it works. Does anyone maybe have a link or can tell me what to do or if I'm able to do it?
I know how it works, but it will not work. We need source code of the bootloader and other script tools from qualcomm to compile a flash pogrammer hex or mbn and a bootloader image which can run from the memory of the phone. We will never get any of these files.

Dont waste your time about that thing. I wasted planty of my time and still wasting more... Just send your phone to LG and pay the repair cost or to google and pay the cost of a new phone if it is from google.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elluel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Send it for repair. End of thread

Hm I tried but it doesn't work.
    Do they even test the phones? I did an RMA once and they said if they see a broken display or anthing they let me know and send it back to me + I send the new phone back to them again. Would they really charge me?

Here's the deal. RMA to Google is for manufacturing defects ONLY. When you RMA, Google freeze the cost of the phone in your account. When they find out its not a defect, they will take that money. Sending a phone to Google, knowing its your fault, hoping to get it replaced for free is fraud.

Sending to LG shows you are willing to pay for the repair. LG will repair manufacturing defect for free. They should charge you to repair user error. Sending a phone to LG, knowing its your fault, hoping to get it repaired for free is fraud.

Here is my advice. Send it to LG. Tell them what you did. Ask them for a price to repair.

Ah okay I see, thanks.

It's eMMC. If you wanted to retrieve your data it'll probably cost you more than buying an entire new phone (or multiple in some cases). Honestly, if you have something important, don't keep it solely on your phone as it's the most stupid place to put it. Make a backup of your important data, or don't keep it on it in the first place.
    Hm okay :/

Btw when I plug the phone in, windows installs a driver for "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008" ..?

That means it's bricked beyond what anyone except LG can do. Send it in for repair/replacement. Nothing else you can try.