Android 2.3 !!!

Search This thread

katu2006

Jul 8, 2009
Melbourne
Because the official 2.3 it's supposed to have all the bug fixes that are much needed (low volume in calls, low mic recording, crappy BT audio in calls, screen-lag issue fixed, sensor lag fixed, wifi tethering etc etc)

Last edited:

andreasha

Apr 15, 2011
Because the the official 2.3 it's supposed to have all the bug fixes that are much needed (low volume in calls, low mic recording, crappy BT audio in calls, screen-lag issue fixed, sensor lag fixed, wifi tethering etc etc)

Also lets hope for fixed wifi and data connection dropouts and USB tethering :)

JaymzBond

Aug 13, 2011
Ankara
i think the earliest we get it will be december
classic "you can expect this on ...." "we re working on it" patterns

Tommixoft

Aug 12, 2011
I would suggest you to forget about official 2.3 Cause they have NO interest in making it cause it's stupid to work on things that are already on sale and they have newer models..they just don't give a damn about customers or their older phones. They may do 2.3 if they release or have any new model with similar hardware - so then maybe.. I don't see any reason why they should want to release 2.3

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
I believe they are going to release it as some models already have the upgrade.
Just be patient.

Sent from my Huawei u8800 using XDA App

entrapmen

Jul 8, 2011
I would suggest you to forget about official 2.3 Cause they have NO interest in making it cause it's stupid to work on things that are already on sale and they have newer models..they just don't give a damn about customers or their older phones. They may do 2.3 if they release or have any new model with similar hardware - so then maybe.. I don't see any reason why they should want to release 2.3

They HAVE TO DO coz google says so. There has been some problems on giving support to the old models with htc, samsung etc so google make some deals with them.

Eventually there would be an update but sure they dont give a damn to us so we would wait alot for this.

Sent from my Desire HD

dannher

Aug 9, 2011
It can't come soon enough, sad to be reading about this new deLay. Totally sucks. How come they don't use some of the code already made available by DZO/Stockwell/geno on their Oxygen/CM/Miui ROMs?

DTSpawn

May 22, 2011
Moscow
I don't think HW by themselves will make 2.3 for U8800, coz they launched U8800 pro. Maybe we can take ROM from it in a future.

boss_y

Jun 27, 2006
It will come belive me. They said in the end of the year. So be a little patient.

Sent from my Huawei u8800 using XDA App

droiduser

Jul 15, 2009
I think companies will soon realise that some customers will no longer purchase their tech if there is an insufficient upgrade path.
I wont be buying another Huawei soley due to the slow/lack of support for almost all models within a few months of their release.
Why would I buy a new computer if it wont be upgradable to the next OS within a few months?
A computer running early ubuntu can still easily be upgraded to the lastest no problem, most companies nowadays worry about support first and about the tech later and i'm starting to get that way about phones, dont want to constantly change tech only because the support is ****.

Sure i understand the profit motive to make people buy new phones every 6 months, but its just getting a bit ridiculous when your talking about $500 phones especially in these economic times, if they put a big sticker on the outside of the box saying 'NO SUPPORT AFTER 6 MONTHS' i'm sure they wouldnt sell as well, everytime I see a Huawei box I just imagine that sticker on the front now ;)

katu2006

Jul 8, 2009
Melbourne
I've been saying the same thing...I'll NEVER buy a Huawei product again! No matter how cheap it will be...Now I know why it's cheap... ;)

smilentfish

Aug 2, 2011
Sydney
Huawei CMO said 2.3 ROM would be released.

according to Huawei CMO's official weibo (chinese twitter), 2.3ROM will definately be released, but still, no specific date.

weibo.com/1100856704/xpo1BuZgt

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fweibo.com%2F1100856704%2Fxpo1BuZgt

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3.2 from Android 2.2.2 upgrade to the current version of the guidance
    This upgrade requires the following three upgrade package upgrade:
    step 1 contains UPDATE.APP (transfer function package).
    step 2 contains UPDATE.APP (G version of the function of the main package).
    step 3 contains UPDATE.APP (China, marked packets).
    3.2.1 Prepare a 512M (with 512M) over-capacity SD card;
    3.2.2 In the SD card root directory create dload directory, copy the upgrade package in step 1 directory
    UPDATE.APP to dload directory, step 2 will be renamed directory UPDATE.APP
    UPDATE_g.APP, copied to the dload directory UPDATE_g.APP, the copy is complete, confirm that the SD card dload
    Directory updates to dload \ UPDATE.APP and dload \ UPDATE_g.APP;
    After the upgrade is complete, remove the SD card.
    3.2.4 Repeat steps 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 steps to upgrade the UPDATE.APP to step 3;

edit:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19292376&postcount=216
    Please some basic info;

got my brand new 8800+ yesterday
    no market, only Froyo 2.2.2 but rooted and cwm :confused:

tried "oxygen2.3.2-u8800" but failed (Error in /sdcard/oxygen2.3.2-u8800.zip)

so, no working 2.3 rom for this (+) device?
    (although it´s claimed by the shops to have 2.3)

best would be to stick with froyo and wait for the official update?

thx
    yes this rom can ONLY be apply to u8800pro (europe version) and u8800+ (chinase version) of this phone

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

english language, yes?

not just English update contains most of European languages
    people ask Yu not to forget his promise on U8800(+) 2.3 rom. Yu replied:

http://weibo.com/1100856704/xuT5E2qrX
    今天问了,研发进展顺利,正测试中,预计下周能放出版本供大伙手机OTA方式空中升级。同时把操作系统UI升级到最新的版本上去。易用性和性能会得到提升。

Today I have asked R&D. They work well and are testing (2.3 ROM). The OTA update is expected to be released next week. Meanwhile, the latest UI has been integrated into the rom. ease of use and performance are improved.

if I remember correctly, only next monday, 31 Oct, belongs to Oct...
    http://www.huaweidevice.com/cn/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDA3MzE=

install is prety easy

just create folder called dload in your sd cart root directory
    unrar step 1 files in dload directory

go to sittings>sd card>software upgrade>SD card upgrade>confirm update wait while phone restart several times