[ICS][AOKP/Gummy/CNA/CM9 Kang] Discussion Thread

Search This thread

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Alrighty, lets respect stepehenspear's request and keep all questions in this thread. If you have a bug with logcat or paste bin, then post in the dev thread.

Last edited:

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Cleveland
with having to update to glitch 14b5 for 6.1 on this, is is safe to flash updated glitch kernel in same cwm session as v26, or should i let v26 boot fully before flashing glitch?

AOKP ver 25 - RickS :: Stock CM9 Kernel :: EH03 Radio

schu9120

Apr 13, 2011
Moscow
with having to update to glitch 14b5 for 6.1 on this, is is safe to flash updated glitch kernel in same cwm session as v26, or should i let v26 boot fully before flashing glitch?

AOKP ver 25 - RickS :: Stock CM9 Kernel :: EH03 Radio

Let it boot with stock kernel then reboot recovery and flash glitch 14 b5 for 6.1

@ neh4pres my wifi was borked with steve's other builds but it works just fine with this one

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: neh4pres

xain713

Jan 9, 2011
My wifi is still borked with b26 wasn't with rick s ver of b25

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

xain713

Jan 9, 2011
At first yea but after flashing glitch b5 it stopped was on b4 not sure if that did it or the reboot xD

SmokeyDP

Nov 24, 2010
Went back to stock including repartitioning and couldn't get TMS 6.5 to install but 2 installed fine. I have AOKP running now. So far so good, but the red box when I click things is pretty annoying. Nice work!

Can I restore some of my non system apps using the backup I made with Titanium backup from 2.3?

Last edited:

speedingcheetah

Feb 25, 2011
Equestria
Contact pictures

When someone calls you..on the answer screen the contact pic shows up on the upper half of the screen, cutting off and severely distorting the image. \

Anyone else have this issue..or know how to fix it? Are there any answer screen options...i noticed the lock-screen style options don't work...

Also, I am using Go Lanucher...but every time I go into an app, then go back to the home screen, either via home button or back button, the launcher has to re-load it self, as it doesn't seem to be staying persistent in memory. I remember an option in CM7 to keep the launcher locked in memory...but can't seem to find it here in ICS..Setting the persistent option in Go Launchers settings has no effect.

Last edited:

speedingcheetah

Feb 25, 2011
Equestria
BLN?

BLN doesn't seem to be working...

Also, the ringtone only plays once when somone calls...and doesn't replay...it also takes a few seconds for the caller id (contact info and picture to show)...\

Not sure if this is rom or kernel related.

tonybalonyy

Oct 7, 2010
after i install THS build 2, i go back in to CWM and the text at the bottom states that it cant mount /cache/

so when i factory reset it skips a lot of the locations.

is this normal?

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

nvm. holding the power and volume button got me into cwm4 while going into recovery from os got me into cwm5. -_-

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
after i install THS build 2, i go back in to CWM and the text at the bottom states that it cant mount /cache/

so when i factory reset it skips a lot of the locations.

is this normal?

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

nvm. holding the power and volume button got me into cwm4 while going into recovery from os got me into cwm5. -_-

You must not have done enough reading.. Never 3 finger recovery on ics roms

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
You must not have done enough reading.. Never 3 finger recovery on ics roms

Seems to be the norm lately dont it? A perfect example is all of the folks flashing icy glitch for build 6.0 for a build 6.5 rom lol. It amazes me that were on a forum that requires reading to comprehend but many fail to actually read lmao.

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
Seems to be the norm lately dont it? A perfect example is all of the folks flashing icy glitch for build 6.0 for a build 6.5 rom lol. It amazes me that were on a forum that requires reading to comprehend but many fail to actually read lmao.

^^ what he said

Nicklag

Oct 29, 2010
brandon
is GPS broke for everyone or just me...and I can't seem to get the GPS aids to work either

Edit...I can't seem to change to swype either

Sent from my icy gliched fassy

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    its built in glitch kernel...use terminal to access it. For the bazillionth time :p............type this below and make sure to hit enter after each entry:

"su"
    "callboost enable"

enter these numbers

This will give you a good starting point...

Thanks for giving a good starting point.. This is OP material

You know, if enough people have great success with those numbers, i might consider building them in as the kernel defaults...what do you all think?
    I must say that steve and team glitch are really doing amazing things on this device!!! The latest bigmem test.zip is freaking amazing to say the least..what little lag I was experiencing is now a thing of the past with 200+mb of ram free. I dont remember this much ram being available since powerwash froyo days. GOOD JOB FELLAS!!!!
    Long live the fascinate!
    Long live Team Glitch!

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
    As a work-around for the Torch issue, download an app called Tiny Flashlight + LED from the market. Here's a link that I think will work: https://market.android.com/details?...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5kZXZ1bmkuZmxhc2hsaWdodCJd

It's top-notch. The strobe functionality and morse code stuff even works, which is a first on my Fascinate at least. I'll probably stick with this over the in-ROM torch app unless the latter starts working and knocks my socks off.
    thanks for the info
    yeah its a TW based rom and I have no idea what i'm getting into... how would i go about flashing? is there voodoo (or that doesnt work for these roms?)

No..there isn't a voodoo lag-fix...not needed....as these roms use ext4 as thier default filesystem, not the rfs that Samsung uses in touchwiz..there is voodoo sound support in the kernel...

Coming from touchwiz..it is a bit tricky....This rom must be flashed from the correct Recovery...meaning, u will need to ODIN the proper recvery, then flash the THS Buid 2, then this rom(and the glitch kernel and g-apps, if u want).

i recall some instructions being posted somewhere...but I need to do some digging around...unless some one else wants to post some...

EDIT:

Install:
    Use CMW fixed for CM7 ODIN.TAR or CMW.ZIP
    Flash the above mentioned recovery...
    Boot into recovery
    wipe Data
    Flash THS Build 2
    reboot recovery
    wipe data in CWM
    install AOKP rom
    install gapps
    instal glitch kernel(optional)
    reboot

Download THS build 2 and the AOKP rom and the CWM zip..put on sd card...you should be fine flashing the recovery zip in your current recovery...then selecting the option to reboot to recovery..u should then be in the new recovery u just flashed...then continue with the steps..

I believe this will work fine....be warned...I flashed ICS form CM7...so have a full ODIN file available in-case something messes up and u need to revert to stock or what ever and start again...FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    AOKP Milestone 4 Download

I am not sure why the official mirrors are down....hoping the rom wasn't pulled or something and it's just a server failure....so I am posting a link to download the rom from my dropbox..(hope that is ok)..don't want to get myself in-trouble....I will remove it if Stephen.k.spear (the OP of the rom) tells me too.

AOKP M4 Fascinate: GET IT HERE