[DEV] CyanogenMod10 for GT-I8190 [WIP]

Search This thread

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
ok great oliver...btw for data problems....have you tried to add these properties in build prop?? i saw in your system.prop that wasn't there and they are needed,

ro.carrier=unknown
ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10
ro.telephony.ril_class=SamsungRIL
ro.telephony.ril.v3=datacall,icccardstatus

This ones are defined, the other ones isn't I'll try to add them to check what happens.
ro.ril.hsxpa=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=10

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 2

Shapeshift

Apr 27, 2012
Košice
Maclaw you were my hero when i used to have Ace. and you are getting SIII Mini now . Thats like the best news ever- Maybe u and Oliver could team up or u can start working on android 4.2 ?

Reactions: xd.bx

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Excuse me, I know I told you I was goigng to give you a build also without OMX stuff and RIL but my internet has been down the entire weekend, damm vodafone -.-

More experimented devs, I think will be easier to make a team on github and add both of you and then put my repos there. Maclaw can you give your github username?

Reactions: xd.bx and vonuzu

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
I suppose we must to write a new RIL class for the framework.

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Today I was too tired to fight with major things like RIL or OMX, so I started to look for the MTP issue I think I found it here:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...ybean/media/jni/android_mtp_MtpServer.cpp#L62

Basically it checks for /dev/mtp_usb to connect to it and start the mtp server, but it's not here, so I supposed just adding the right permission for it on uevent.samsunggolden.rc should fix, now no time to test it ...

Code:
D/MtpService( 2408): starting MTP server in MTP mode
E/MtpServerJNI( 2408): could not open MTP driver, errno: 2
D/MtpService( 2408): addStorageLocked 131073 /storage/sdcard1
E/MtpServerJNI( 2408): server is null in add_storage
D/MtpService( 2408): addStorageLocked 65537 /storage/sdcard0
E/MtpServerJNI( 2408): server is null in add_storage
E/MtpServerJNI( 2408): server is null in run
E/MtpServerJNI( 2408): server is null in cleanup

I'm sure that's the issue:

I'll add it as soong as I've time to test with other minor ideas about RIL :)

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...blob/cm-10.1/rootdir/etc/ueventd.qcom.rc#L129

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sin%2520nombre.png

Like a few of you knows I'm working on a CM10 (Android 4.1.2) port from source for our device, so I open this thread, to discuss the work in progress, so... NOBODY THAT DON'T KNOW HOW TO BUILD ROM FROM SOURCE IS ALLOWED TO POST NOTHING HERE.

Our device

Our platform it's U8500, subversion U8430, codename montblanc, a SoC developed by Sony, but our manufaturer is Samsung, and our device codename is golden. The default clock cpu speed is 1 Ghz and our GPU renderer is Mali-400, our wifi/bluetooth/fm-radio receiver version is bcm4334 using a bcmdhd module.

What means that?

That means that our processor it's one completely closed, there's no source nor documentation about none of the strange binaries with what we must to work. Officially our latest android version is 4.1.2, the one I'm porting, so there's a big possibility of that finally all becomes to work, but also there's a big possibility of that evertyhing will work buggy and slow.

When will you release it?

I've a few interesting ideas about quality, at least it must to have everything working, and the UI must to be more or less fast. That means between one week or ten years. I'm a 16 years teenager studying and with girls in mind, so DON'T ASK FOR ETAS/UPDATES

Will you support or Galaxy S3 Mini variants?

I DON'T LIKE TO SUPPORT A DEVICE I DON'T OWN, SO THE ANSWER IS NO, I'll only support GSM version without NFC chip.
    But the source code it's on my github, and I don't think that can be too much difficult to port it to another variant.

I've found a bug!

You're awesome men! But this is full of bugs, and most of them are know.

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Contact me on:

oliverarafo@gmail.com

My source code:
    https://github.com/OliverG96?tab=repositories
    Well that's the actual situation, Sound, Mobile Network and Camera aren't working, and I'll not release CM10 without them. What actually it's scaring me is just Data and Sound, specially sound, since looks like a really STE thing.

I've the parts of logcats reporting those errors:

- Data Mobile:

Code:
    I/SystemServer( 1999): Connectivity Service
    D/ConnectivityService( 1999): ConnectivityService starting up
    E/MobileDataStateTracker( 1999): default: Ignoring feature request because could not acquire PhoneService
    E/MobileDataStateTracker( 1999): default: Could not enable APN type "default"
    I/WifiService( 1999): WifiService starting up with Wi-Fi disabled
    D/WifiWatchdogStateMachine( 1999): Disabling poor network avoidance for wi-fi only device

The important part is the one saying "Ignoring feature request because could not acquire PhoneService", cause after it the code breaks, and forces the data network to stop. I've located the java function there:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr.../android/net/MobileDataStateTracker.java#L546

It happens inside the apns function, that's why it's nor possible to add apn and there's no one defined, so data mobile don't work.
    This is catched when the variable mPhoneService is null, so we must to find a way to make it to not be null.
    I hope there's someone with more java knowledge than me, so we can found the problem.

- Sound:

This is making me to feel bad, because the prebuilt samsung sound binaries are already added, and I cannot see any other missing. Looks like a problem with the specific STE binaries missing things, I suppose this is the problem:

Code:
    E/ADM     ( 2262): [ERR] omx_log:258 Init --> OMX_ErrorInsufficientResources
    E/ADM     ( 2262): [ERR] vendor/st-ericsson/variant/multimedia/audio/adm/src/ste_adm_main.c:60 il_tool_log_Init() failed!
    E/ADM     ( 2262): [ERR] vendor/st-ericsson/variant/multimedia/audio/adm/src/ste_adm_main.c:91 unlink() No such file or directory
    I/ADM     ( 2262): 4:    73949998: [INFO] db:622 DB closed, res = 0
    I/admsrv  ( 2261): ADM server terminated

I'll try to contact Jerpelea, one of the most active members of sony novathor devices on oficial CyanogenMod team, maybe he can give me some interesting points.

- Camera:

This is the less important thing for me, there're still some binaries to be added and also some keys to be added for libcamera_client.so source. I suppose it's not the most difficult thing. Sound and data mobile are more important...:highfive:
    Anyway this is where it's failing, but as I've already said, are just some simple things:

Code:
    I/CameraService( 1681): CameraService started (pid=1681)
    E/HAL     ( 1681): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.montblanc.so
    E/HAL     ( 1681): Cannot load library: link_image[1916]:  1681 could not load needed library 'libblt_hw.so' for 'camera.montblanc.so' (load_library[1118]: Library 'libblt_hw.so' not found)
    E/CameraService( 1681): Could not load camera HAL module

For a full logcat from first boot until it shows UI check this:

http://pastebin.com/u0Uvy3rZ

i'm an experienced developer and today i will get a galaxy s3 mini and then i will help you :) for the first problem....try to comment these lines of codes so cycle doesn't break and then rebuild. for the second problem...yeah this is a mess honestly and we must work around soemthin'.....for the third problem you have missed libblt_hw.so in lib folder or in hw folder check that :)

Alpha3 (23-02-13)
    - Camera (Only pictures, no camcorder, slow panorama)
    - Minor things with Audio and Sensors

Alpha2 (22-02-13)
    - Audio
    - HW Decoders

Alpha1 (07-02-13)
    - Internal SDCard
    - SMS and Calls

Alpha0 (02-02-13)
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - External SDCard
    - USB Mounting
    - Sensors (Orientation&Brightness)

NOTE: I'll now release none of the Alpha0, that's are for testing myself, if you want it build from source.​
    Well that's the actual situation, Sound, Mobile Network and Camera aren't working, and I'll not release CM10 without them. What actually it's scaring me is just Data and Sound, specially sound, since looks like a really STE thing.

I've the parts of logcats reporting those errors:

- Data Mobile:

Code:
    I/SystemServer( 1999): Connectivity Service
    D/ConnectivityService( 1999): ConnectivityService starting up
    E/MobileDataStateTracker( 1999): default: Ignoring feature request because could not acquire PhoneService
    E/MobileDataStateTracker( 1999): default: Could not enable APN type "default"
    I/WifiService( 1999): WifiService starting up with Wi-Fi disabled
    D/WifiWatchdogStateMachine( 1999): Disabling poor network avoidance for wi-fi only device

The important part is the one saying "Ignoring feature request because could not acquire PhoneService", cause after it the code breaks, and forces the data network to stop. I've located the java function there:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr.../android/net/MobileDataStateTracker.java#L546

It happens inside the apns function, that's why it's nor possible to add apn and there's no one defined, so data mobile don't work.
    This is catched when the variable mPhoneService is null, so we must to find a way to make it to not be null.
    I hope there's someone with more java knowledge than me, so we can found the problem.

- Sound:

This is making me to feel bad, because the prebuilt samsung sound binaries are already added, and I cannot see any other missing. Looks like a problem with the specific STE binaries missing things, I suppose this is the problem:

Code:
    E/ADM     ( 2262): [ERR] omx_log:258 Init --> OMX_ErrorInsufficientResources
    E/ADM     ( 2262): [ERR] vendor/st-ericsson/variant/multimedia/audio/adm/src/ste_adm_main.c:60 il_tool_log_Init() failed!
    E/ADM     ( 2262): [ERR] vendor/st-ericsson/variant/multimedia/audio/adm/src/ste_adm_main.c:91 unlink() No such file or directory
    I/ADM     ( 2262): 4:    73949998: [INFO] db:622 DB closed, res = 0
    I/admsrv  ( 2261): ADM server terminated

I'll try to contact Jerpelea, one of the most active members of sony novathor devices on oficial CyanogenMod team, maybe he can give me some interesting points.

- Camera:

This is the less important thing for me, there're still some binaries to be added and also some keys to be added for libcamera_client.so source. I suppose it's not the most difficult thing. Sound and data mobile are more important...:highfive:
    Anyway this is where it's failing, but as I've already said, are just some simple things:

Code:
    I/CameraService( 1681): CameraService started (pid=1681)
    E/HAL     ( 1681): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.montblanc.so
    E/HAL     ( 1681): Cannot load library: link_image[1916]:  1681 could not load needed library 'libblt_hw.so' for 'camera.montblanc.so' (load_library[1118]: Library 'libblt_hw.so' not found)
    E/CameraService( 1681): Could not load camera HAL module

For a full logcat from first boot until it shows UI check this:

http://pastebin.com/u0Uvy3rZ
    Audio is workinggggggg!