[Q] Q: How does the S-View cover work software-wise? Only with Touchwiz?

Search This thread

bandiBp

Nov 26, 2010
Budapest
How does locking the phone work? If the case is closed i can see through the little window on the case and interact, is that a lockscreen app of some sort? If I open the case, will it simply open to where I was previously, or my home screen of choice (Nova launcher)?

I wanna be a bit more clear on the software side of the workings of the s-view case before purchase. I recently bought my note 3 and updated to 4.4 already.

Thank you.

nlatifolia

Jan 6, 2014
I used Spigen Slim Armor View and also have original S-View cover, but I dont think I could explain it in details.

I suggest to browse youtube for good overview on how S-View works because only pictures can explain otherwise there will be so many miss assumptions/understading in discussions. :cowboy:, you can post questions on youtube as well to get answer from on hands experience users.

Reactions: bandiBp

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
How does locking the phone work? If the case is closed i can see through the little window on the case and interact, is that a lockscreen app of some sort? If I open the case, will it simply open to where I was previously, or my home screen of choice (Nova launcher)?

I wanna be a bit more clear on the software side of the workings of the s-view case before purchase. I recently bought my note 3 and updated to 4.4 already.

Thank you.

If you close the cover, it will automatically lock but the screen will stay on for a few seconds.
When you open the cover, it will automatically unlock and you will go back to where you where before locking the phone (this can be truned off in the settings so that opening the cover takes you to the lockscreen).

If you press the power button with the cover closed, you will be taken to specialized interface in the window.
It shows you information like time, weather, missed calls, messages, number of steps walked (integrated with S Health).
You can check the missed calls and messages, take photos, control your music and make a note in action memo.

That's about it, I guess.

bandiBp

Nov 26, 2010
Budapest
Alright, thanks for the responses.

My only fear was that the "specialized interface" with the cover closed (with missed calls, messages, weather, etc) is a touchwiz thing, so in other words I would need to use touchwiz as my launcher for it to work.

I guess that's not the case then, and using Nova or any other launcher is not a problem, the special interface still works.

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012

My only fear was that the "specialized interface" with the cover closed (with missed calls, messages, weather, etc) is a touchwiz thing, so in other words I would need to use touchwiz as my launcher for it to work.

I guess that's not the case then, and using Nova or any other launcher is not a problem, the special interface still works.

You just need a touchwiz based ROM. Not the launcher itself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used Spigen Slim Armor View and also have original S-View cover, but I dont think I could explain it in details.

I suggest to browse youtube for good overview on how S-View works because only pictures can explain otherwise there will be so many miss assumptions/understading in discussions. :cowboy:, you can post questions on youtube as well to get answer from on hands experience users.

Thank you.

If you close the cover, it will automatically lock but the screen will stay on for a few seconds.
    When you open the cover, it will automatically unlock and you will go back to where you where before locking the phone (this can be truned off in the settings so that opening the cover takes you to the lockscreen).

If you press the power button with the cover closed, you will be taken to specialized interface in the window.
    It shows you information like time, weather, missed calls, messages, number of steps walked (integrated with S Health).
    You can check the missed calls and messages, take photos, control your music and make a note in action memo.

That's about it, I guess.

You just need a touchwiz based ROM. Not the launcher itself.