New 2014 Moto X (Plus links to 360 smart watch and new Bluetooth Headset)

Search This thread

Verttex

Oct 12, 2012
Dallas
cjfe3ccvwvghu26kv7gc.jpg

Heyo all!

Motorola just lifted the NDA on the new Moto X and so a flood of information will be coming out about it over the next few days. In fact, some sites already have reviews.

I will put links here to official statements and third party reviews:

New Moto X Homepage
The Verge Hands-on
The Verge Review (8.8/10)
Android Central Hands-on with the New Moto X
Android Central Video Hands-on
Gizmodo Hands-on
Engadget Hands-on
Motomaker Bootloader Unlocked Version?

Moto 360:

l9i0esopqllwvigdv20m.jpg

Moto 360 Homepage
Gizmodo Hands-on
The Verge Hands-on
The Verge Review
Anandtech Hands-on
Arstechnica Review

I will add links as more come out.

Oh yeah, and there is also this little thing that I don't think anyone saw coming.

Replies to this thread should can involve thoughts, discussions and questions you guys may have about these new devices.

Enjoy!

images shamefully stolen from the Gizmodo articles.

Last edited:

Verttex

Oct 12, 2012
Dallas
My personal thoughts on each device:

The new X doesn't look great to me. That ring around the camera really turns me off and I don't know how I feel about the new leather backplate options.

As for the 360, I'll have to try one before I buy one. I've heard that it doesn't have the greatest battery life but other than that is supposed to be phenomenal.

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
The leather is an option which mean you don't have to select it if you don't like it. Unless you are part of Peta or your religion is against it, but I'm hoping it's some type of fake leather.

I'm a bit grumpy right now. I desperately want qi charging for the X and NFC for the G, it doesn't look like either will get them.

I rather get the N6 for Android L and qi charging in that case. But I can still sell my OnePlus to fund for the X.

I have no interest in wearing a watch whether analog or digital.

Last edited:

Verttex

Oct 12, 2012
Dallas
The leather is an option which mean you don't have to select it if you don't like it. Unless you are part of Peta or your religion is against it, but I'm hoping it's some type of fake leather.

I was using a Galaxy 10.1 Tablet earlier today with the faux leather the S5 has and it was alright I guess. I just wasn't amazed.

Yes it's an option, but it's a premium option. I was saying that I don't know how I feel about it because who knows, it might be better than what's on the S5.

Infekxion

Jun 7, 2011
O'Fallon
The leather comes from the Horween leather company, they work with bovine and equine hide. I personally don't like leather (real or faux) unless it servers a purpose, belt, shoes and coat. Back on topic though, I know what my neXt phone will be, I'd even go with the G over other flagships out there.

Sent from my Hammerhead

chikvn

Dec 27, 2012
Tbh, bigger screen, stronger processor, leather/wood back cover, higher cam and stuff, they are useless for me.

Just one thing me want from the new moto X, is the customizable voice command trigger. Or they will bring that to old Moto X as well?

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
How usable will the 360 be with the current X/Ultra unrooted? Heart rate monitor? Anyone?

Seadra

Aug 18, 2013
Anyone post the new wallpapers stock of new Moto X please? Also please quote me once u do :)

Verttex

Oct 12, 2012
Dallas
Tbh, bigger screen, stronger processor, leather/wood back cover, higher cam and stuff, they are useless for me.

Just one thing me want from the new moto X, is the customizable voice command trigger. Or they will bring that to old Moto X as well?

It has been said that the 1st Gen Moto X will receive updates to those services. It will also get Android L when it becomes available.

sivarticus85

Jan 4, 2011
Atlanta GA

According to the official Moto site, the voice command trigger is customizable.

nhizzat

Mar 12, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 6T
I'm in. Have an upgrade to use and I doubt the Nexus X will be available on VZW. Only other phone I might consider is the Note 4, no interest in the One or G3.

The metal frame is a welcome surprise.

Jamolah

Jan 18, 2008
I like the fact the new moto voice can interact with whatsapp. Now that whatsapp has replaced 99% of my texting, this is a must have feature

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
After seeing how big the new x is I'm glad I got the og moto x for my wife. That would be to big for her plus it just cost me .95 cents at best buy. I think they went to big to fast 4.7 to 5.2 inch a big difference. I think the main issue that will turn off current moto x owners will be the size. Also is there no qi charger? If so that is a huge mistake as well. As far as aesthetics I don't think it looks that bad. However I do think the og x looks better.

sent from "my kungfu is stronger then yours" XT1080

Reactions: Soldier 2.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seriously, you guys are complaining about the size when EVERY reviewer is saying it doesnt feel big in the hands at all. Stop making judgements before actually trying the phone yourself.
    I think I'll hold out for proper reviews before I make any decisions about the new X.

The battery capacity seems tiny for the enormous screen size and multiple sensors. Motorolas are normally pretty good with battery life and I'm sure this one will be no different, it's just 2300mah seems a little on the low side.

Wireless charging would have been nice but I'm not that fussed about it. Especially as Motorola have announced a turbo charger that can charge the phone to 50% in 15 mins.

I also believe they should have gone with a 5" display, it seems like a well balanced size in between phones and phablets.
    Very disappointed in the size. I'd love a better camera, but the size is ridiculous. They didn't go a little bigger, that thing is huge.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
    More or less everyone feels the same, those who love their X 2013 that is. Size wise it's an utter disappointment indeed.
    I am confused too. There are two ways to look at, either jump in that stupid and childish phablet cum phone category, or be a human being and use wisely sized phones. If you happen to choose the former category, then why X 2014? Why not S5? Price doesn't matter to me that is. I will get a better camera, undoubtedly the best display etc....but yeah the software features will all be gone. And if I choose to stay on the latter category then there are only two phones where I can give a look at, Galaxy Alpha, hmm, and Z3 Compact.

So so confused!

That's true I'll still end up buying the new X probably. I just love the vanilla Android and the cool voice assistant features.

For me it's easier as I never ever consider Samsungs. I just think they're too tacky and hate Touchwiz with a passion. Also they're full of pointless features and feel very uninspiring.

For me it would either be the X, Z3 or the new iPhone. Just feel like Android phones are getting ridiculously big,