Power off doesnt work

Search This thread

rexboy

Apr 28, 2008
Hi all, as the title suggests, what once worked for me and im sure most of you no longer works for me.

I press the power button to get the menu. airplane mode, screen shot etc all work but when i press the option to power off nothing happens.

If i hold it down for a few seconds to get safe mode, this does work but instead reboots into safe mode which isnt what im after.

The only work around i have found is to remove my sim card which initiates a reboot.

Its not critical but not sure why all of a sudden this no longer works for me. Any ideas?

BanziBaby

Oct 21, 2010
Only thing I can think of is to make sure that quick boot isn't ticked in developer options, on mine with that option unticked the phone powers off fine but when quick boot is ticked & you press the power button then tap power off it nothing happens other than the power menu vanishing.

Reactions: rexboy

rexboy

Apr 28, 2008
Only thing I can think of is to make sure that quick boot isn't ticked in developer options, on mine with that option unticked the phone powers off fine but when quick boot is ticked & you press the power button then tap power off it nothing happens other than the power menu vanishing.

I was starting to pull my hair out from frustration and you've saved me from going bald lol. Thanks heaps, your advice was spot on :)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another thing to keep in mind in the future is if you have a hard crash, you can force power-off/reboot if you hold volume up + power or press the little red button next to the sim-card tray.