[GUIDE] Rooting ALCATEL OT-918 (v2.3.6)

Did this work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

mr.exodia

Jun 8, 2012
Hello everybody,

This is just a small guide I made for rooting ALCATEL OT-918 (Maybe also 918D or M) devices on which SuperOneClick fails. Most of the files are not by me so all credit goes to the original author...

Tutorial:
01) Unzip usb_driver.zip and install the drivers. (phone shall not be off an plugged in, thx dbask)
02) Copy the file Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to the root of your SD card.
03) Make sure your battery is fully charged and turn off your phone.
04) Head to the directory SP_Flash_Tool_v2.1134.00 and start FlashTool.exe.
05) Make sure the menu Options->USB Mode is checked.
06) Use attached scatter file creator to make scatter. (or use Android_2.3.6_MT6573_Android_scatter_918.txt)

Warnings/Errors like this can be safely ignored:

Code:
[Warning Hint] Get BMT block count fail, default BMT block count is used!
Code:
[Hint] Bootloader files are lost when automatically loading by scatter file.
Code:
Please make sure you want to go through anyway.
Code:
DSP_BL is unchecked, which may result in a boot failure

07) Check the entry with name "RECOVERY" and double click it.
08) Select the recovery.img file and again make sure ONLY one entry is checked.
09) Click the Download button and plugin your phone with the USB cable.

* Wait some time (untill the recovery file is loaded to your phone) *

10) Unplug your phone and press the volume up and power button at once
11) Select "Flash Zip from SDCard" and choose the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
12) Confirm the update and reboot your phone. Everything should be done, phone is rooted!

Actual tutorial made by others. I only try to make it a bit more clear.

Screenshots:
FlashTool:
screen1ttq.png

File selection:
screen2kw.png

Root verification:
rootp.png

ALCATEL Scatter Retriever v0.1
Just to make this thread a little development related: I coded a tool that should be able to automatically create scatter files for your (ALCATEL) device. It is only tested on my own device but it should work for other (ALCATEL) devices too (Sources can be posted if needed).

Screenshot:
retrievescatter.png

Last words
The tools and files used to make this tutorial are not created by me. The FlashTool is made by MediaTek (the company that makes the ALCATEL devices), the recovery.img is made by somebody at 592zn, the USB Drivers are made by MediaTek/Alcatel (unsure).

I wish you all a very plesant day,

Mr. eXoDia

Attachments

• AlcatelScatterRetriever01.rar
    146.8 KB · Views: 29,139
  • recovery.img
    6 MB · Views: 32,595
  • FlashTool_Driver_SU_Scatter.rar
    4.2 MB · Views: 37,060
Last edited:

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
Original ROM for Alcatel OT-918

Is it possible that I get the original ROM for Alcatel OT 918? Please upload for me or give me the link

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
Missing nandroid.md5

Tried to restore using the images and it says missing...nandroid.md5...can u please help me with that file.It is a small file.
Otherwise thanks alot.

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for your prompt replies..
I am very grateful...It was successful in restoring but it doesn't boot...it shows the logo then goes to a blank screen.
By the way I have Alcatel OT-918(without D/M/N) running Android 2.3.6.
Is there something that I should do before of after the restore?
I have tried with wiping the cache/data/dalvik cache before restore & after .
I give it alot of time but it doesn't seem to boot.
Is it possible that you give me the data and cache files too.Please......that is if it is possible..
Thanks alot

Last edited:

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
Thanks for your prompt replies..
I am very grateful...It was successful in restoring but it doesn't boot...it shows the logo then goes to a blank screen.
By the way I have Alcatel OT-918(without D/M/N) running Android 2.3.6.
Is there something that I should do before of after the restore?
I have tried with wiping the cache/data/dalvik cache before restore & after .
I give it alot of time but it doesn't seem to boot.
Is it possible that you give me the data and cache files too.Please......that is if it is possible..
Thanks alot

download the One Touch Upgrade software from here: http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/ph/products/andorid_smartphones/ot-918.html to reinstall your OS

to root, use this:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27178532&postcount=16

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
Device is upto date and exits

I did that and it says there is no other later version than the one already install on your device and it exits.
Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks

Reactions: hcmendez

mr.exodia

Jun 8, 2012
@kippsoft: Sorry, but I cannot give my data and cache... it contains private stuff such as contacts, emails, password and all stuff like that... nothing more to do I guess :(

Reactions: vaserbanix

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
@ mr.expdia: I am very very grateful

I am very gratefull for all that you have one to me.Your time spend and assistance is highly appreciated.
Thanks alot.
But said those images were for Alcatel OT-918?Please confirm that?
I thought those were images before you used your phone...it is okay.
And do you have any working custom rom for 2.3.6? Most of the available are for 2.3.5.
Though my problem is not solved...I have learn alot and that is exactly what I wanted when I joined xda.
Thanks to all.:good:

mr.exodia

Jun 8, 2012
They are captured while rooting my phone, so yes. And I do not have a custom rom, I think you need to wait for one to be created.

Greetings

lelolenda

Apr 29, 2011
bricked

i have briked my phone after wipe data ... boot to blackscreen.... i know how fix but my internet sucks ....
there a another way to fix..
and also two months ago i maked a nandroid backup... im tryng to restore ...but boot to blackscreen again.
sorry for the english :p

kippsoft

Jul 11, 2012
@lelolenda

cache and dalvik cache missing...
Which make do you have...?
Do you have the scatter file for your phone..?

HellRocker™

Aug 3, 2012
i used this twice and installed the same version OS and was successful both times.
Same problem was with me too. But my phone was in warranty so I got it to service center and now it will be replaced with a new one. Hey XDA Guys is there anyway we can prevent this thing? Even I did wipe all data and the phone just booted till screen where Android image comes and then restart. :(

reachwei

Jan 10, 2012
Same problem was with me too. But my phone was in warranty so I got it to service center and now it will be replaced with a new one. Hey XDA Guys is there anyway we can prevent this thing? Even I did wipe all data and the phone just booted till screen where Android image comes and then restart. :(

Just use One Touch for alcatel users to fix it. It takes much time anyway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

This is just a small guide I made for rooting ALCATEL OT-918 (Maybe also 918D or M) devices on which SuperOneClick fails. Most of the files are not by me so all credit goes to the original author...

Tutorial:
    01) Unzip usb_driver.zip and install the drivers. (phone shall not be off an plugged in, thx dbask)
    02) Copy the file Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to the root of your SD card.
    03) Make sure your battery is fully charged and turn off your phone.
    04) Head to the directory SP_Flash_Tool_v2.1134.00 and start FlashTool.exe.
    05) Make sure the menu Options->USB Mode is checked.
    06) Use attached scatter file creator to make scatter. (or use Android_2.3.6_MT6573_Android_scatter_918.txt)

Warnings/Errors like this can be safely ignored:

Code:
    [Warning Hint] Get BMT block count fail, default BMT block count is used!
    Code:
    [Hint] Bootloader files are lost when automatically loading by scatter file.
    Code:
    Please make sure you want to go through anyway.
    Code:
    DSP_BL is unchecked, which may result in a boot failure

07) Check the entry with name "RECOVERY" and double click it.
    08) Select the recovery.img file and again make sure ONLY one entry is checked.
    09) Click the Download button and plugin your phone with the USB cable.

* Wait some time (untill the recovery file is loaded to your phone) *

10) Unplug your phone and press the volume up and power button at once
    11) Select "Flash Zip from SDCard" and choose the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
    12) Confirm the update and reboot your phone. Everything should be done, phone is rooted!

Actual tutorial made by others. I only try to make it a bit more clear.

Screenshots:
    FlashTool:
    screen1ttq.png

File selection:
    screen2kw.png

Root verification:
    rootp.png

ALCATEL Scatter Retriever v0.1
    Just to make this thread a little development related: I coded a tool that should be able to automatically create scatter files for your (ALCATEL) device. It is only tested on my own device but it should work for other (ALCATEL) devices too (Sources can be posted if needed).

Screenshot:
    retrievescatter.png

Last words
    The tools and files used to make this tutorial are not created by me. The FlashTool is made by MediaTek (the company that makes the ALCATEL devices), the recovery.img is made by somebody at 592zn, the USB Drivers are made by MediaTek/Alcatel (unsure).

I wish you all a very plesant day,

Mr. eXoDia
    This is a backup from my system.img and boot.img: http://mediafire.com/?c0hxpmustzrcav2

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 918 using xda app-developers app
    ok,

file should be attached
    Device is upto date and exits

I did that and it says there is no other later version than the one already install on your device and it exits.
    Is there anything else I can do?
    Thanks
    @kippsoft: Sorry, but I cannot give my data and cache... it contains private stuff such as contacts, emails, password and all stuff like that... nothing more to do I guess :(