[Q] CSpire GS3 SCH-L710 rom???

Search This thread

OBSt4l0n

Nov 19, 2009
Branon, MS
Hey guys

CSpire Wireless formerly Cellular South has finally released their Galaxy S3. The model number is SCH-L710. The reason I am asking this question here and not in a different carriers forum is the L710 in model number. I don't pretend to understand why certain carriers GS3's are labeled with different model numbers, but I thought that since your GS3 and mine both have L710 I thought that possibly the hardware was closer to the same than say verizon's which is a completely different model designation. That being said I am desperate for a custom rom but don't wanna just go flashing any GS3 roms out there to see if any will work on my network. I would feel more comfortable knowing that I had a way to odin flash a stock rom in case any problems arise. Anyway if someone is kind enough and generous enough to help me locate a stock odin flashable rom, then I would be willing to help in any way I can to find a usable rom or port for my version of this great phone.

Thank you so much in advance

abcleanonme

Feb 22, 2009
Pontotoc, MS
I went ahead and flashed the latest CM10 nightly for the Sprint version. Everything seems to be fine, except for data. I still have data, but it is very flaky and won't hardly hold a signal. I suspect it to be the PRL or CM itself.

We definitely need a stock rom for CSpire. I am willing to help any way I can.

nicholaaaas

Jun 18, 2010
B-more
Reactions: abcleanonme

abcleanonme

Feb 22, 2009
Pontotoc, MS
Okay. First of all, I didn't think to look at the PRL before I went and flashed the Sprint CM10. But now it says 20005. I restored my nandroid backup and pulled this PRL from my phone with QPST 2.7.374. In DFS Tool, I noticed there was a CSpire PRL 10009. I wrote this PRL to the Phone and am getting much better service on the stock TW ROM.

HOWEVER, I flashed the Sprint CM10 again and the same thing happened. It says PRL 10009, but there is little to no service and when it does have a little service, it is very flaky and eventually ends up with no data connection at all. Any more suggestions or ideas?

OBSt4l0n

Nov 19, 2009
Branon, MS
What about using QPST or something to pull the PRL off of a stock device? Can we get someone to do this before flashing any ROMs?

after a few hours of trying to get my phone into diagnostic mode i found this that worked. *#22745927 then enable hidden menu then *#7284#

now i think i need to find a newer version of qpst so that it will recognize my phone.

abcleanonme

Feb 22, 2009
Pontotoc, MS
So far, this is what I have done:
First I used the following tool to download drivers for my phone and root ( via option 4 in the program).

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1746680

I used CWM to make a nandroid backup.
Next, I flashed the latest CM nightly for the Sprint version here:

http://get.cm/?device=d2spr

After doing this, everything worked fine, EXCEPT for data. I dialed *228 and let it do its thing. I actually had data, but the signal was extremely weak and very flaky. After messing with settings it would usually drop it altogether.
I restored my nandroid backup and noticed that although I had data, it seemed to be weaker than before ( although that may just be me).
I decided to follow the following guide on how to get the PRL from the phone:

http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus-m/419514-how-get-prl-off-your-phone.html

The version of QPST on that post was outdated, so I found and used QPST 2.7.374, which I posted a link to earlier in the thread.
I managed to copy the 20005 PRL off of my phone and saved it.
I then started up DFS Tool and wrote the CSpire 10009 PRL to my phone.
I get much better service on the stock ROM, but the Sprint CM builds still do the same thing. No data.

UPDATE: I did a *228 to get back on the 20005 PRL and it is working just as well as the 10009 PRL now.
Also, as OBSt4l0n discovered, there's simultaneous voice and data. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if this was happening before flashing roms
and PRL's.

Last edited:

abcleanonme

Feb 22, 2009
Pontotoc, MS
Okay. We no longer believe it's the PRL causing the problems. More info to come. May be slower over the weekend with weekend stuff and all.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda premium

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Thanks for the update. I thought everybody had long abandoned trying to port a rom to the cspire gs3 lol.

Out of curiosity, Could it be the APN's causing the issues? And from what I've seen the vzw variant seems closer to the cspire. but its hard to say. Just to try and eliminate possible causes, I would reccomend flashing this here and see if you get the same issues. http://goo-inside.me/devs/aokp/d2vzw/aokp_d2vzw_jb_build-4.zip Its AOKP for the vzw variant. I have used it as my daily driver for the past week and I'm on Sprint. Dont have to change anything in it, just flash.
Just my 2 cents

bone39367

Apr 14, 2011
Waynesboro
ASUS ROG Phone II
Out of curiosity, Could it be the APN's causing the issues? And from what I've seen the vzw variant seems closer to the cspire. but its hard to say. Just to try and eliminate possible causes, I would reccomend flashing this here and see if you get the same issues. Its AOKP for the vzw variant. I have used it as my daily driver for the past week and I'm on Sprint. Dont have to change anything in it, just flash.
Just my 2 cents

Thanks. I'm tempted to try this but the only problem is I don't have a way of going back to stock. I did, however make a backup through cwm but I wish there was an absolute stock cspire rom out there. I would love to test out developer's roms and provide feedback if somebody knows where I could get a stock rom to flash for cspire's gs3....

k2283944

Sep 2, 2010
Thanks. I'm tempted to try this but the only problem is I don't have a way of going back to stock. I did, however make a backup through cwm but I wish there was an absolute stock cspire rom out there. I would love to test out developer's roms and provide feedback if somebody knows where I could get a stock rom to flash for cspire's gs3....

I've been trying to find out.... without success.....

OBSt4l0n

Nov 19, 2009
Branon, MS
Out of curiosity, Could it be the APN's causing the issues? And from what I've seen the vzw variant seems closer to the cspire. but its hard to say. Just to try and eliminate possible causes, I would reccomend flashing this here and see if you get the same issues. http://goo-inside.me/devs/aokp/d2vzw/aokp_d2vzw_jb_build-4.zip Its AOKP for the vzw variant. I have used it as my daily driver for the past week and I'm on Sprint. Dont have to change anything in it, just flash.
Just my 2 cents

Just tried this and still no data. We need a dev to look into this. Apparently there is something internal in code stopping our radio from functioning properly. I have attempted to pull my RIL file and insert it in cm10 then rebooting and no luck. Still no data. Any devs out there willing to look into this for us?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: abcleanonme

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers
    Somebody want to test these??

Spent an hour or two running through these tryin to nail any potiental culprits for the data loss issue. Anyone on Cspire want to give these a go?

http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3

On a side note, propz to the op. Sprint is right on the money for closest comparison between sprint/cspire s3
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers

Odin one clicks now available for cspire gs3 SCH-L710
    http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?61-One-Clicks
    As for the stock tw leak everything is working great. The only bug I've come across is com.android.phone stops when trying to access mobile network settings under more settings. By the way what changes were made to get data working for us?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    A few different things that once i figure out exactly what does it perfect i am gonna throw in a flashable zip. The main things i can think of at the top of my head that stand out are, changing the build.prop to reflect cspire instead of sprint. replacing hosts, apns, stk, CSCVersion, SW_Configuration.
    Def missing a thing or two but ima continue working on it wen i grab my replacement phone today and will fill in the blanks then
    Updated as of 11/11. JB port and cm10 http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3 Should be available in goo manager as well
    Roots jacked up in the jb port so same as b4 flash
    root from recovery zip with it.
    http://k0nane.info/rom/ecm/TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip