[Q] CSpire GS3 SCH-L710 rom???

Search This thread

Larcea

Oct 22, 2012
I am rooted running stock ROM atm. Prior to rooting I went into Data mode (##3282#) and went into edit (MSL is all 0's). I copied all the APN settings. There total of 8x APNs in the Galaxy S3. EHRPD & LTE. There are varients for Admin, IMS, Internet & Tether. They are almost all the same as well. Will post them here.

For the Admin variants:
Name: EHRPD/LTE ADMIN (EHRPD or LTE depending on which type of connection, will say EHRPD ADMIN or LTE ADMIN)
APN: admin.cs4glte.com
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: fota
APN protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
Bearer: LTE/EHRPD (depending on if it is LTE or EHRPD)

For the IMS APN I will post only the differences from above.
IMS:
APN Name: EHRPD/LTE IMS
APN: ims.cs4glte.com
APN Type: ims

Internet:
APN Name: EHRPD/LTE INTERNET
APN: internet.cs4glte.com
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: Default,dun,mms

Tether:
APN NAME: EHRPD/LTE Tether
APN: tether.cs4glte.com
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN TYPE: tethering

Further, I inquired about signal and frequencies with CSpire. They have Band 12 of the 700MHz LTE Spectrum (Lower Blocks A& B). However, due to lack of devices, they broadcast the LTE on the 1900MHz spectrum in Northern Mississippi. This may be why custom ROMs are not working with 4G, ATT/Verizon utilize their 700MHz spectrum and so ROMs may be built to look there and not the 1900MHz spectrum.

Will not let me post the MMS settings as it contains a external url. lol

I did utilize CM10 Monthly build but noticed I do not get the 4G LTE. As mentioned above I believe its due to CSpire using 1900MHz for their LTE.

Also, prior to rooting I pulled the Latest PRL off of my phone utilize CDMA Workshop. Id put it here, but dunno how.

If you got LTE working let me know. I used the CM10 rom posted here and could not get 4G LTE at all.

Last edited:

thecrisis

Oct 17, 2012
I started a thread over at Cyanogenmod to hopefully help us out with porting over a stable rom. Show some support plz
forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/60914-request-cynaogenmod-support-for-cspire-galaxy-s3

Reactions: bone39367

Larcea

Oct 22, 2012
I am not much of a techie. But I did use Sprint's method of rooting which works 100%. I now have stock ROM with root access. If it is possible, I have no problem helping out in any way shape or form. I copied everything I could from the data profile of my phone.

If it is possible, I can pull my modem & baseband firmware. I already have backup of the latest PRL I can share. If I am correct, the PRL, Modem, and Baseband firmware should contain the data from stock rom about data access.

thecrisis

Oct 17, 2012
I just flashed ur cm10 last night to try it out with 4g lte and it has been working great, no data drops and strong signal. No problems at all.

Larcea

Oct 22, 2012
I to used the same version. But dont have any stable 4g when using it.

When did you buy your phone? I wonder if the update CSpire did effected this? There was an update to enhance signal quality that had to be done at the store and not OTA.

bone39367

Apr 14, 2011
Waynesboro
ASUS ROG Phone II
Okay so I have flashed the version that you guys are using and so far it has been working. I must have flashed the wrong one the first time. I can't test 4g cause it's not in our area yet but everything seems to work fine. Going to use it through the day tomorrow while I'm at work. Also, I don't think the update cspire did made any difference cause I had it even before the first time I flashed cm10.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app

thecrisis

Oct 17, 2012
I to used the same version. But dont have any stable 4g when using it.

When did you buy your phone? I wonder if the update CSpire did effected this? There was an update to enhance signal quality that had to be done at the store and not OTA.

I got mine the day it came out. When I first flashed it, by 4g was in my area it didnt get good signal strength

ocs111

Sep 21, 2008
Hernando, MS
Broke down and flashed the CM10 ROM; still in the process of setting phone back up, so far so good. Is it okay to change the network from "Home Only" to one of the automatic setting? I know some of the showcase roms that caused a huge problem and would basically shut your radio down.

Larcea

Oct 22, 2012
I flashed the Spring nightly, taken directly from CM website. Used the 10/25 Nightly release. Have phone set to home only. Updated PRL via *228. Had to manually import my APNs, butt he ones above work. Just open voice dialer and say "Open APNs" and then click open APns.

But Had it on while in Tupelo all day and now at home and still have my 4G Data. No loss of data or signal.

So apparently the Spring CM10 Nightlies work.

Reactions: bone39367

gimpsworld

Nov 3, 2012
Finally registered here. This community is AMAZING - I can attest to this after a year of being a fly on the wall.

A cat unplugged my Galaxy Showcase as I was flashing to it last night. A *CAT*. It was hardbricked...

...so I went today, got my brand new S3...flash...and flash some more.

I got the nightly d2spr and just updated....so far so good. Had to mannually update the APN's and do *228. Connection seems a little more stable than it was earlier tonight.

I've also learned the value of BACKING UP my phones after last night. I blame the cat but my impatience/bipolar fit of not sleeping 5 days made me mess my previous phone up.

Glad to be here!
(I'm in Laurel btw)

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Last edited:

jmvolfan

Apr 9, 2011
Forgive my questions but I want to make sure I understand the details before I flash anything. I have the C Spire SGS3 as stock. I want to root and flash the Sprint JB C Spire rom. I want to make sure that I can get completely back to Cspire stock with no signs of tampering... In case of warranty issues. When I used my original SGS 1 it was simple once someone released the stock Odin files. Now after reading this thread it seem like flashing is done more from recovery either stock or CWM. Would it be possible for someone to put together a guide for Cspire users to follow on rooting, flashing roms, and getting back to complete stock.... If possible.

For those that are Sprint users that are helping us Cspire users I want to say thank you.

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: ufcfan72

gimpsworld

Nov 3, 2012
Forgive my questions but I want to make sure I understand the details before I flash anything. I have the C Spire SGS3 as stock. I want to root and flash the Sprint JB C Spire rom. I want to make sure that I can get completely back to Cspire stock with no signs of tampering... In case of warranty issues. When I used my original SGS 1 it was simple once someone released the stock Odin files. Now after reading this thread it seem like flashing is done more from recovery either stock or CWM. Would it be possible for someone to put together a guide for Cspire users to follow on rooting, flashing roms, and getting back to complete stock.... If possible.

For those that are Sprint users that are helping us Cspire users I want to say thank you.

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I've tried all of these, and had the same question. I found the link to take our phone back to 100% true STOCK **C Spire**

Of course, I can't post the stupid link since I'm new. It's at w w w samsung - updates dot com. Just do a search for SCH L710, it'll show up as the only available file.

Just flash that in Odin and you're back running like the day you left the store. I flashed this last night with no problems. And BTW I was running the Sprint ROM you were wanting to run, so I can tell you that it will be fine reverting back...no stress.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers
    Somebody want to test these??

Spent an hour or two running through these tryin to nail any potiental culprits for the data loss issue. Anyone on Cspire want to give these a go?

http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3

On a side note, propz to the op. Sprint is right on the money for closest comparison between sprint/cspire s3
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers

Odin one clicks now available for cspire gs3 SCH-L710
    http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?61-One-Clicks
    As for the stock tw leak everything is working great. The only bug I've come across is com.android.phone stops when trying to access mobile network settings under more settings. By the way what changes were made to get data working for us?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    A few different things that once i figure out exactly what does it perfect i am gonna throw in a flashable zip. The main things i can think of at the top of my head that stand out are, changing the build.prop to reflect cspire instead of sprint. replacing hosts, apns, stk, CSCVersion, SW_Configuration.
    Def missing a thing or two but ima continue working on it wen i grab my replacement phone today and will fill in the blanks then
    Updated as of 11/11. JB port and cm10 http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3 Should be available in goo manager as well
    Roots jacked up in the jb port so same as b4 flash
    root from recovery zip with it.
    http://k0nane.info/rom/ecm/TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip