[Q] CSpire GS3 SCH-L710 rom???

Search This thread
May 10, 2011
Tupelo, MS
Thanks for the quick reply. Stock jb port going great, except my screen will randomly turn off and wont come back on. The phone is still on and the capacitive buttons light up when I lock and unlock the phone. I end up having to force a reboot to get it working again.

sent from my Cspire Samsung Galaxy S3

tehphr4nk

Mar 17, 2011
Notice this the other day running on the Nightlies. I cannot roam, If i select Roam: Domestic it goes back to home only under Mobile network settings.

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
I am still running the cm-10 0913 nightly, is there a more recent version for Cspire users?
I'll throw one together later today. As well as see if that issue with the jb port cant be fixed. Also made a prerooted version of the odin tar file from samsung-updates if anyone is interested. So check this link periodically http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3 as ill throw the stuff i do for cspire in there. Should be available in goomanager as well for anyone who uses it.

OBSt4l0n

Nov 19, 2009
Branon, MS
I am still running the cm-10 0913 nightly, is there a more recent version for Cspire users?

Several pages back is a listing of our 8 APN settings. I am on the most current nightly from cm's download page. If you open voice search and say open apns the editor will open. Add each APN twice for each setting. Changing only the name between each of the four different settings. If u need help feel free to inbox me. I don't know if these settings will revert after I flash a new nightly, but will know this evening and update this post.

ocs111

Sep 21, 2008
Hernando, MS
I'll throw one together later today. As well as see if that issue with the jb port cant be fixed. Also made a prerooted version of the odin tar file from samsung-updates if anyone is interested. So check this link periodically http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3 as ill throw the stuff i do for cspire in there. Should be available in goomanager as well for anyone who uses it.

Flashed ROM from your link, so far everything seems great! The first time I flashed the new 4.2 google apps; I am assuming that is why I ended up with 2 cameras and gallerys, I data wiped and reflashed ROM by itself. Thanks for your help with us CSpire users!

Larcea

Oct 22, 2012
Yea, couple pages back I posted the APNs. They work, Have no issues with my data at all. NFC is not working on the CM10 nightlies.

With the APNs, the name is different and the Bearer (last open) is different. Everything else is the same.

If you use WiFi teathering, you will need to have a user agent switcher. CSpire picks up on the User Agent of your browser and will hijack it to a website to buy a tether pass. I personally use iOS 6 iPad user agent.

Anyone else notice an issue with NFC?

Last edited:

bone39367

Apr 14, 2011
Waynesboro
ASUS ROG Phone II
Okay so I have flashed the jb port and loving it so far. Everything seems to work as it should except I'm having touch input problems. My phone seems to be losing track of my thumb while touching the screen causing my scrolling to go the opposite direction than the way I'm trying to scroll. Also happens while swyping. It doesn't happen often but enough to be noticeable. Also this wasn't present in the cm10 build I was using. Anybody else having this problem?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app

ocs111

Sep 21, 2008
Hernando, MS
I flashed the latest jb cm rom posted by billard; i am having problems with my bluetooth disconnecting during phone calls, anyone else having this problem?

Phocas

Dec 29, 2008
Biloxi, MS
Will there be a section on this site for CSpire development? Is anyone lurking in other interesting Cspire Rom threads they'd like to share?

ocs111

Sep 21, 2008
Hernando, MS
Not true. Any information that is necessary to make any touchwiz ROM or cm10 nightly is only a few pages back. Refer to my post on the page before this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

OBS, I did see those previous post; I attempted to access the menu through voice, apparently I don't have a clear understanding though. Billard posted a couple of converted roms after that so I tried them. I have googled apn settings but did not have any luck. I would greatly appreciate any guidance you could send me. Thanks again for the information you guys have provided!!

OBSt4l0n

Nov 19, 2009
Branon, MS
OBS, I did see those previous post; I attempted to access the menu through voice, apparently I don't have a clear understanding though.

Make sure you don't use Google search. U have to use voice dialer. Say "open apns" and it will bring up a menu. Click on open apns then you can add each of the eight apns necessary from a post several pages back. If u need further assistance pm me.

Reactions: ocs111

ocs111

Sep 21, 2008
Hernando, MS
Make sure you don't use Google search. U have to use voice dialer. Say "open apns" and it will bring up a menu. Click on open apns then you can add each of the eight apns necessary from a post several pages back. If u need further assistance pm me.

Thanks again, I am going to give in a whirl in a few!

Reactions: Phocas

OBSt4l0n

Nov 19, 2009
Branon, MS
Once the apns have been entered and data is working u can flash updates without having to re-enter APN data. Unless you are going to a different ROM and have to data reset. Just an FYI for anyone.

Reactions: Phocas and ocs111

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers
    Somebody want to test these??

Spent an hour or two running through these tryin to nail any potiental culprits for the data loss issue. Anyone on Cspire want to give these a go?

http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3

On a side note, propz to the op. Sprint is right on the money for closest comparison between sprint/cspire s3
    Hey guys, been away for awhile but just now getting back in town...I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on the toolkit. I got word that it should be early this coming up week that it would be ready for testing. Again I thank those who have helped me out with getting certain things that I have needed to get this process going. Im looking forward to this toolkit for OUR version of the GS3 and ready to use it. It should allow us to root easily, flash, restore, etc. all the things that we need without having to go to other routes to get it done.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers

Odin one clicks now available for cspire gs3 SCH-L710
    http://www.sxtpdevelopers.com/showthread.php?61-One-Clicks
    As for the stock tw leak everything is working great. The only bug I've come across is com.android.phone stops when trying to access mobile network settings under more settings. By the way what changes were made to get data working for us?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    A few different things that once i figure out exactly what does it perfect i am gonna throw in a flashable zip. The main things i can think of at the top of my head that stand out are, changing the build.prop to reflect cspire instead of sprint. replacing hosts, apns, stk, CSCVersion, SW_Configuration.
    Def missing a thing or two but ima continue working on it wen i grab my replacement phone today and will fill in the blanks then
    Updated as of 11/11. JB port and cm10 http://goo.im/devs/billard412/d2spi/cspire_gs3 Should be available in goo manager as well
    Roots jacked up in the jb port so same as b4 flash
    root from recovery zip with it.
    http://k0nane.info/rom/ecm/TeamEpic-Root-from-Recovery-v5.zip