[Q] Z2 problems

Search This thread

Strif3

Oct 31, 2013
Heloo i want to buy the z2 (coming from lg g2) but i am a little concerned about buying this phone:
1. How bad does this phone heat up will this affect the back glass by cracking or lifting the glass because of the heat genereated.
2.will the phone shut off if the temperature is to high.
3.how bad is the magnetic port loose.
4. How does the glass manage scratches and how shaterproof is it?

I hope you can answer my questions, my bigest concern is the heat makeing the phone unusable and the back glass adeshive working the glass.

Thank you!

Mr.R™

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 8 Pro
Sony Xperia 5 II
There's at least 10 threads covering this already :-/

1. Phone doesn't get any hotter than any other device I've owned, undervolting improves this even further, no issues with cracking glass or anything else
2. No, it will throttle performance and stop you from using the camera
3. No issue here.
4. Same as any other phone I'd assume, I use a tempered glass protector and it has 0 scratches so far and I often slide or toss my phone to people

Reactions: tel033

Strif3

Oct 31, 2013
Yes i know all phones heat up, because z2 has glass you dont feel the heat more intensly than plastic i just wanted to know if it affects the somwhow the phone aka the glass

Reactions: ghostofcain

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
Phone get hot when you use under sun
But if you paly in the room it just warm
It is ok for me

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

valdigre

Nov 20, 2010
Dublin
Heloo i want to buy the z2 (coming from lg g2) but i am a little concerned about buying this phone:
1. How bad does this phone heat up will this affect the back glass by cracking or lifting the glass because of the heat genereated.
2.will the phone shut off if the temperature is to high.
3.how bad is the magnetic port loose.
4. How does the glass manage scratches and how shaterproof is it?

I hope you can answer my questions, my bigest concern is the heat makeing the phone unusable and the back glass adeshive working the glass.

Thank you!

1) If you manage to buy the "lemon" which heats up, you can probably get lots of problems related to overheating, which may be the cracked glass and others. I would say it is a small percentage of Z2's, though. Majority of people who have a good phone just don't bother to come here and praise how great it is.

2) Mine did not overheat to the point of shut down, the warmest it got was CPU around 65 degrees and battery 44.5 degrees Ceslius. This was when I was shooting a timelapse in the sun of a rising sun, an hour of footage and surrounding temperature of around 23 degrees Celsius.

3) Mine is not loose, I have been using my magnetic charging for one week and no problems so far.

4) Mine has not managed to scratch and will not be. I have never scratched any screen of any of my phones and I had Samsung Galaxies, HTC ONe and all kept in pockets.

Your questions are too paranoid, like everyone had those problems with their phones... Keep in mind 95-98% of all phones are just fine...

sudisk

Feb 7, 2012
Paris
I'm not sure that 98% is actually an acceptable quality level for a flagship device. However it is Sony's decision as to spend more for the remaining 1-2%.

That said, no device is 100% perfect, and if someone is unsatisfied, there is still a possibility to replace it.

I'm happy with my Z2 and I have no intention to send it back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's at least 10 threads covering this already :-/

1. Phone doesn't get any hotter than any other device I've owned, undervolting improves this even further, no issues with cracking glass or anything else
    2. No, it will throttle performance and stop you from using the camera
    3. No issue here.
    4. Same as any other phone I'd assume, I use a tempered glass protector and it has 0 scratches so far and I often slide or toss my phone to people
    Yes i know all phones heat up, because z2 has glass you dont feel the heat more intensly than plastic i just wanted to know if it affects the somwhow the phone aka the glass