[Q] HTC One Max screen comes on during calls, causing all sorts of problems

Search This thread

connexus

Aug 3, 2013
Boise, ID
My HTC One Max's screen often comes on during calls. Then the touch screen reads my face's contact with the screen and acts according to what it thinks I selected. I have ended up several menu layers into apps that opened because of this. But worse, I have frequently had my calls mute - so the person I am talking to can no longer hear me.

I have had my HTC One Max less than a month, and it has had to be replaced twice, once because the 3G radio didn't work, and the second time because of this issue. Well, the current replacement has the same issue too. I used Android Sensor Box to test the functioning of the proximity sensor, which should be what controls this function. It appears to work, but my experience tells me that it stops working a few minutes into a call.

Your ideas and suggestions are welcome. I love the phone, but this is a problem I can't live with.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

waco2hot33

Mar 13, 2010
Baltimore
My suggestion is to always press the power button during calls that way the phone only comes back on if you hit the power button again... The reason it comes on now during calls because your ear / side of your head covers and uncovers the sensors at the top of your phone so to eliminate that just turn the screen off by pressing the power button it work 100% for me, my wife had the same problem until I told her to start doing that.. Lmk if that works!!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk