[ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720, Enjoy HD recording and H264 720p Video playback

Search This thread

krishn

Dec 8, 2010
Hyderabad
Nextbit Robin
I used RSDLite and flashed the CBW SBF to start from scratch. If you're not familiar with this process there are alot of info here for it. Then before flashing this I wiped data and everything before and after flash.

PS... Looks like I will need to replace the music.apk it is in chinese... if anyone has it for 2.3.7 that would be great!

Steps I followed

1) Flashed to CBW using RSD-LITE
2) Rooted and Installed openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae,copied contents to SD nandroid/openrecovery
3) Restored nadroid (ShenqiV4-En- restore all), wiped dalvik, wiped cache,wipe/format.
4) Rebooted.

On rebooting I see the boot animation and the phone immediately reboots (like boot loop), but it does not always boot loop, sometimes I can see the lock screen and when I unlock it ,it again re-boots. Could anybody please tell me if I had missed steps in between ?

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
one cm7 music player and if your unzipping this file mobile use this file manager it works great.

Attachments

• Music.apk
    478.9 KB · Views: 40
  • ru.zdevs.zarchiver-1.apk
    678.5 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: LibertyMonger

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Steps I followed

2) Rooted and Installed openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae,copied contents to SD nandroid/openrecovery
3) Restored nadroid (ShenqiV4-En- restore all), wiped dalvik, wiped cache,wipe/format.
4) Rebooted.

On rebooting I see the boot animation and the phone immediately reboots (like boot loop), but it does not always boot loop, sometimes I can see the lock screen and when I unlock it ,it again re-boots. Could anybody please tell me if I had missed steps in between ?

I wiped all before and after, that is the only difference I think. Everything is great for me so far! Only problem I am having is my sdcard, having trouble getting it to read to copy files. You could try repairing your sdcard before flashing, I know that is most of my issues. This ROM is freakin awesome!

krishn

Dec 8, 2010
Hyderabad
Nextbit Robin
I wiped all before and after, that is the only difference I think. Everything is great for me so far! Only problem I am having is my sdcard, having trouble getting it to read to copy files. You could try repairing your sdcard before flashing, I know that is most of my issues. This ROM is freakin awesome!

Thank you but even after formatting the SD card, wiping data before and after Its the same Issue again and again.

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
This could be a bad download or when you unzip it did not unzip all.
Are you using the sdcard that the phone came with if so try different sdcard.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Everything is running great for me. That music.apk didn't work. The preinstalled apps are in Chinese and need changed. FM radio works but has same loud volume issue

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

c_urbanek

Aug 18, 2010
Cincinnati
fat32

I'm running this rom on a USXT720 with 16gb class 6 sd, formatted fat32.
Everything running very well for the most part.
2 issues.. 1 too much native chinese... needs to be cleaned up.
2nd getting random force closes more often than falcons CM7 2-12.

Camera & Video Recording work great! : )

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
No force closes here! I just restored about 80 apps with titanium backup and it ran smooth. I am running with the aor v6 supercharger also. Only Chinese I see is with the pre installed apps which can be changed by pushing the replacements through A.O.R.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

c_urbanek

Aug 18, 2010
Cincinnati
humph!

music player will not recognize the sd card.
If i go to root explorer & locate an MP3, it plays fine... grrr.
Restored CM7 THeme chooser from titanium & it will not recognize any themes... grrr.
Hope moize & fjfalcon tweak this rom, cause everything else works wicked good!

hhcat

Dec 30, 2011
it will be easy to follow upstream, if you put the framework modifications is the above jars, instead of the framework (i have proof of concept that this works)

This way you want rely on decompiling framework, and putting all back together, e.g. it will be easy for you:)
Also if framework is odexed it can stay odexed

Then if everything is smooth, you just can "update" the upstream roms

Yes, by that way we could retrive all new "motorola code" from framework to their dependent jar files. But still, I thought some modifications still need to modify in framework. E.g. in android/media/Camera, we might need to add functions FaceDetectCallBack, and also modify Camera$Pamerter.smali.

Reactions: peshovec

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Do you happen to know is there any ROM has a good FM Radio that could adjust volume?

The fmradio volume problem is inside libaudio.so. If you use libaudio from motoroi, volume steps are too loud. But if you use libaudio from Milestone XT720, volume steps are correct. peshovec seems to have found some problem when using libaudio from Milestone XT720 in CM7, but I don't know what those problems are. In CM6 we use Milestone XT720 and don't have problems. Fjfalcon very recently added volume control outside the app to the framework for his CM7--currently CM6 can only control fmradio volume from onside the app.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download Link:
    *http://xt720.ru/Files/Mods/ShenqiV4-En.7z (Mirror:http://depositfiles.com/files/29g2s4ovg?redirect)
    *framework-res.apk: if you want multiple language support ( more than English and Chinese), download this file and replace the old one in /system/framework

Introduction:
    The Rom I worked on was from a Chinese forum ztphone. And by the original Rom's name I thought it might be a branch version from KANG's CM7 Rom. :) So it is good to trace back and share the Rom here. Any feedback and comments are highly appreciated!
    Highlight:
    *Moto Camera, Moto MediaGallery and Moto Videoplayer port to CM7
    *800w Camera and HD recording (1280*720) work fine
    *Smoothly 720p H264 baseline profle video play with HW decode support
    *Media button and all sensor work
    Lowlight
    *HDMI not work
    *I customized the ROM for Chinese phone. Sorry for some possible language inconvinience. Language locale was set to en_GB in build.prop for this version.

Installing Instructions
    1. Install milestone default 2.1 rom(Russian, CBW, Singapore, whatever).Root it with androot or superoneclickroot.Install last openrecovery build from Mioze7Ae.
    2. Unzip the ROM, put the folder Shenqi-V4-En to your sdcard "nandroid\openrecovery". Boot to OpenRecovery, and use "nandroid->restore" to flash.
    3. This additional step is only *required* for Korean Xt720 model. Put "Korean_Patch.zip" to sdcard "openrecovery/updates ", and update it in OpenRecovery
    So what are you thinkin Mz? Was I overstating the goodness of this ROM? You think you can work your magic to finish this baby off? LOL I was really hoping you'd give it a shot without being pushy Hahaha

It's a nice ROM. My main focus remains building ROMs from source, though (CM6, CM7). I try to study and debug and help where I can, but I'm still committed to CM6.
    Add framework-res.apk file to support multiple language. (See on 1st floor)
    Download the file, and replace the old one in /system/framework/, then you could have multiple languagne, including French in the system.
    Steps I followed

4) Rebooted.