Droid 4 Utility for Windows/Mac/Linux

Search This thread

Grimace78

Mar 7, 2011
Sorry if this has been asked but I'm rushed. How do you connect the fastboot files in linux. Just didn't want to trash my phone due to not asking...

rubixcube

Jan 24, 2010
Paris, France
What the heck is wrong with this ? i run it as admin on win7 and the batch file keep on saying that the system can't find files. all the extracted files are in read only mode and can't change it, even with Fileunlocker.

Jan 14, 2011
I keep getting an error: "error: more than one device and emulator"

I have the Moto drivers, USB debugging is on, and I have my phone plugged in as "Charge Only"

What am I missing?

myfishbear

Nov 11, 2010
Northren NJ
What the heck is wrong with this ? i run it as admin on win7 and the batch file keep on saying that the system can't find files. all the extracted files are in read only mode and can't change it, even with Fileunlocker.

copy the whole thing to a fresh dir in c:\.... make sure that your sbf file is in the right location as well

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I keep getting an error: "error: more than one device and emulator"

I have the Moto drivers, USB debugging is on, and I have my phone plugged in as "Charge Only"

What am I missing?

reboot your comp and turn off your droid 4. enter fastboot mode by holding power and vol down. wen you select fastboot, go to the pc and send the flash

Jan 14, 2011
Thanks. Here's a new issue before I try it. I disconnected another USB device from my computer, thinking that that was the issue (a receiver for my wireless mouse), and I got another error saying "error: device offline"

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
any chance someone has the latest version of this somewhere? with goo.im down and files wiped, id like to return to stock and unroot but cant :( (and cant spare the 1GB+ right now of other Droid 4 tools)

Thanks

EDIT: you can ignore this post, I did a few google search's with the archive name and plundered it out of someones public dropbox folder...

Last edited:

dopeismarcus

Jan 28, 2009
I need help this is what im getting.. also i just upgraded to ICS

353b11j.jpg

munchy09

Jul 7, 2009
I was trying to download the appropriate files on page 2&3 but the site that I was being taken too stated that the file was no longer there any suggestion?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all! This is the new home of the Droid 4 Utility (NOW WITH SAFESTRAP THANKS TO HASHCODE) for Windows/Mac/Linux!

There are (still) no fastboot files as of writing this (2/28/2012) so use Safestrap at your own risk
    Once they come out I will be making a full version that includes fastboot restore. For now, the utility is only a few MB compared to a GB+.

From this point forward I will be taking charge of updating the Droid 4 Utility for Windows/Mac/Linux

This way mattlgroff has a little less work on his hands and can focus more on IMPORTANT things like bootloaders, ICS, etc...

MAC/LINUX: Be sure to read the instructions below (or README file) if you are not familiar with using terminal as root or executing bash scripts!

-Changes
    ~~as of 2/18/ 11:30PM PST
    Fixed bug where Superuser.apk was pushed to /data instead of /system/app/
    Fixed unroot script to properly remove Superuser.apk
    ~~as of 2/19 4:30 PM PST
    Fixed chmod in root method from 4775 to 6775
    ~~as of 2/28 6:15PM PST
    Added Safestrap recovery!!
    ~~as of 3/2
    fixed script to chmod +x ./files -R so that you can actually run the files on mac and linux (that would be important huh?)

DOWNLOADS

WINDOWS
    Size: 7.75 MB
    MD5: f82bf8d8a085ff95b696712b8caa0f1b
    Link: http://tinyw.in/KKB8

MAC
    Size: 7.19 MB
    MD5: dc8468d051d59963914a0b8a054b83b8
    Link: http://tinyw.in/vx2A

LINUX
    Size: 7.26 MB
    MD5: 0c082efbff48e614b9d8ebffc7eca3eb
    Link: http://tinyw.in/tpt0

Here's how:

Windows:

Simply Unzip the files, and run Droid4Windows.bat as administrator (right click>run as administrator)

Mac/Linux:

Simply extract the zip then

Code:
    su

Then enter the root password NOTE: This is not YOUR password, this is the ROOT password. If you dont know it, you can always use

Code:
    sudo passwd

to reset the root password

Next run:

Code:
    cd /the path to where you extracted the files/

for example, heres what I have to type:

Code:
    cd /home/skylar/Desktop/Droid4UtilityLinux/

next run the appropriate bash script:

Code:
    bash Droid4linux
    OR
    Code:
    bash Droid4mac

I'm sorry to say I don't actually own a Droid 4, so I'm doing this blind. Please report any problems or bugs you have.

Have fun and I hope you enjoy! [/SIZE]

CLICK HERE TO DONATE

SCREENSHOTS

6IPnB.png

YDHAU.png

srVOz.png

HBpBS.png

RyKQc.png

CLICK HERE TO DONATE
    Just update the ICS only tool and added a lite version. If you just want to root all you need is the lite version. This is Dan Rosenburg's root method.
    All the links are dead - needing the linux version....

This is probably not what you are looking for. The utility referred to in this thread is for D4s running GB. If you're looking for the JB version of the utility, look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2207384.