[APP][Android 2.3+] XPERIA S Home Launcher with Settings | 0.9.2c | 20.10.2012

Search This thread

mnhs1010

Feb 3, 2012
Karachi
plz plz plz dev make corners option....plz I request u....have U plane in future days to include corners or not???? reply plz...

homorrank

Jun 16, 2011
Nice work, can you modify the launcher to put folders in the app drawer?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

sephhi

Jul 16, 2010
NYC
Jumps when scrolling between first and last screen in app drawer and home screen ruins the experience. We need an option to disable infinite scrolling. Then this will rival the touchwiz ux launcher. Still, I appreciate the work you're putting into this, great job.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dr. Hurt

BigE04GTO

Dec 23, 2011
im not sure why but this launcher will not install...is there a cwm flashable zip of the most recent version of this launcher?

Chris95X8

Mar 21, 2011
Has anyone noticed how this launcher downsizes the widgets? It makes them smaller and part of the widget is lost.
Look at this. First screen is stock GB launcher, then Xperia S (HVGA).

screenshot-1339873853992.png
screenshot-1339873956572.png

From what I understand, the pagination layout is causing the whole launcher layout (where you put stuff) to reduce its size so they can both fit.
@OP, if it's possible, can you please make an option to show or not show the pagination layout?

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
Has anyone noticed how this launcher downsizes the widgets? It makes them smaller and part of the widget is lost.
Look at this. First screen is stock GB launcher, then Xperia S (HVGA).

screenshot-1339873853992.png
screenshot-1339873956572.png

From what I understand, the pagination layout is causing the whole launcher layout (where you put stuff) to reduce its size so they can both fit.
@OP, if it's possible, can you please make an option to show or not show the pagination layout?

U need to remove those page indicators above to fit ur widgets.. find that option in settings

ra3al

Oct 21, 2010
Sofia
Sony Xperia XZ1
I am sorry about the lack of updates, I am really busy lately. Will have more time to work on this after 06th of July.
The ICS update for XPERIA S is finally out and it features launcher updates such as native widget resizing and widget preview.
I will try to add the widget resizing to the GB version and also add my modifications to the ICS version.

aR_ChRiS

Dec 23, 2010
Hong Kong
Google Pixel 5a
I am sorry about the lack of updates, I am really busy lately. Will have more time to work on this after 06th of July.
The ICS update for XPERIA S is finally out and it features launcher updates such as native widget resizing and widget preview.
I will try to add the widget resizing to the GB version and also add my modifications to the ICS version.

So there will be two versions if I'm correct?

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi

eagerly excited for this update!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on XPERIA™ Home 2.2.A.0.14 from Sony XPERIA S

shot_1.png
    shot_2.png
    shot_3.png
    shot_4.png

Optimized for non-XPERIA devices.
    WARNING! Attempts to install this on 2011 and 2012 XPERIA devices with original firmware are not recommended!

Supported screen resolutions:
    All possible screen resolutions are supported since rev.9

Modifications:

device-2012-04-23-005002.png
    device-2012-04-23-004610.png

Configuration menu (Menu button -> Preferences), current features:
    - Set number of home screens (1 to 11) and select the default one
    - Select between different desktop layouts: Dock bar / Dock bar + 4 corners / 4 corners
    - Custom desktop grid and app drawer grid
    - Hide applications
    - Backup and Restore launcher settings
    - Enable/disable automatic screen orientation (if disabled the orientation is always portrait)
    - Support for Go Launcher EX, Launcher Pro (Plus) and ADW Launcher icon packs (Preferences -> Appearance -> Icon packs)
    - Built-in icon pack with Xperia S icons
    - Infinite scrolling on home screen and app drawer
    - Others

System Requirements:
    Android 2.3 or later.
    If you are running ICS or JB I would recommend using my port of the Xperia T launcher (works only on Android 4.0.3+)
    - It has more features (only missing feature that is available here is corners)
    - It can be installed even on Xperia devices with stock firmware.

Instructions:
    Instructions

Downloads:
    MIRROR 1 MIRROR 2

Additional Downloads:
    XPERIA S Wallpapers [Thumbnails]
    Cosmic Flow Live Wallpaper [Screenshots] Does not work on all devices! (OpenGL related)

WARNING:
    Updating from 0.9.2b to 0.9.2c may cause a force close! If this happens, application data must be cleared in:
    [GingerBread] Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Xperia™ Home -> Clear data
    [ICS / JellyBean] Settings -> Apps -> All -> Xperia™ Home -> Clear data
    Also if you backed up your settings in 0.9.2b and you try to restore them after updating to 0.9.2c or later version, this can again cause a force close and some of the settings will not be restored properly!

Revision history:
    Log
    Will there be a possibility to resize widgets? This is the only thing that stop me from using this as default launcher (always using 5x7 grid)

Sent from my U8815 using xda premium

That option will come later..

0.9.1 is now available. Changes:
    - Added possibility to Backup and Restore launcher settings (widgets cannot be restored due to Android limitation)
    - Added support for Launcher Pro (Plus) and ADW Launcher icon packs
    - Added built-in icon pack. Included icons from Xperia S: Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Clock, Phone, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, Settings
    - Enabled infinite scrolling on the desktop and the app drawer (currently cannot be disabled)
    - Slightly increased desktop usable space for widgets / shortcuts / folders (+10.0 dp)
    - Automatically close an open folder, when a shortcut in it is clicked

Icon pack selection: Preferences -> Appearance -> Icon Pack
    Can you port those widgets for this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1345601 ? For 360 Launcher
    As mentioned numerous times, it's not possible.

I can confirm I am actively working on porting the ICS/JB variant of the Xperia launcher and adding extra features. The port is based on the latest available version (present in the latest firmware of Xperia T).

I can confirm I implemented the ability to resize all widgets (the non-modified (Sony) versions only support resizing widgets that are declared as resizable). I am also adding some small additional features currently unavailable in the GB version such as: enable/disable showing titles of shorcuts and folders on the desktop, etc.

I expect to finish it in about a week or so from now.

Cheers :)
    Hi guys, two days ago I started working on porting the ICS version of the Xperia launcher (from Xperia T) and adding settings, of course.
    It will be easily installable on both Xperia and non-Xperia devices.
    On devices with ICS/JB the new version seems to be smoother than the old GB version.
    Next release is almost ready. What will be in it:
    -Backup and Restore launcher settings
    -LauncherPro and ADW icon packs support
    -Build-in pack with Xperia S icons
    -Infinite scrolling on the desktop and the app drawer
    -A little more space (10.0 dp) for widgets/schortcuts/folders on the desktop