Adobe Flash - 4.1 Jelly Bean

Search This thread

dominick_7

Feb 4, 2007
So as we are all aware Adobe said they wouldn't support flash in Jelly Bean, as stated here - http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/375574/adobe-kills-off-flash-for-android

Of course on the Jelly Bean ROM I'm running flash doesn't appear in the market, but when I installed the apk, flash worked perfectly on a number of websites.

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone knew the reason as to why it still works?! This is not a huge update to ICS so may be due to that but I was just being interested and wondering. Anyone have any insight?

Cheers guys.

EDIT: I have attached the adobe flash apk, the latest one. Install it on your device manually if you're running jelly bean and flash should work. Although I think we have established it will only work in the default android browser

Which version is this?

zafarsharif

Nov 29, 2012
help

hi,
i have a galaxy note 2. i downloaded the flash from the link, it downloaded fine and showed that it installed flash 11.1. so far so good. But when i click on it from notification, it does not open, its black screen. i followed all the steps. i downloaded flash player using crome as well as firefox, it still doesnt work...what am i doing wrong?

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies

i followed it from this video and still it wont work:

brym

Jun 5, 2010
You're only installing the Flash player. It's not a standalone app in the traditional sense. Try loading a website in FF mobile that contains Flash content. That said, you should at least be presented with a Flash Player Settings option in the main apps menu, which takes you to Adobe's website.

Last edited:

RufusFlambard

Jan 28, 2013
Flash Isn't an App

Flash isn't an App per ce, it is a plug in which enables certain content on the web. A good example is the BBC website, where embedded videos don't work if flash is not installed.

Because it is a plugin which works through your browser, you need a browser which is compatible with flash. Chrome for Android does not work with flash! But the old default browser does. I think firefox also allows flash to function.

Anyway...as useful as flash is now, its usefulness is slowly diminishing, as more web designs switch to HTML5. Having said that, until the BBC decide to join this decade and switch to H5, flash will have a home on my droids!

geoffwin

Oct 24, 2010
Thanks for the info in this thread.

Flash now working in my S3 running 4.1.2 on the default browser.

Also as discussed will not work with firefox or chrome.

Be good when ABC (Australia) develop their app. But now watching Iview.

Thanks again

r@fel

Feb 25, 2011
what about 4.2

Flash was working fine for 4.1 on my mz601. But since the update 4.2, I have the bad impression flash is really over :( Anybody experiencing the issue?

r@fel

Feb 25, 2011
which apk of flash are you using?

thx for your reply. Can you tell me how did you install Flash over 144 build? I restored flash app from titanium backup. Might be a good idea to reinstall a proper apk?

elkedra

Feb 26, 2012
hiding in the desert
thx for your reply. Can you tell me how did you install Flash over 144 build? I restored flash app from titanium backup. Might be a good idea to reinstall a proper apk?

I flash the rom without doing a factory reset and the apps are all automatically restored (optimized). Otherwise I use Titanium Backup but I do keep a copy of the apk on my sdcard just in case.

r@fel

Feb 25, 2011
does not work with the apk neither :-\ (I test on the stock browser of course, not chrome)

madelinekim

Mar 8, 2013
www.creativementor.com.au
Flash is no more a key element required to browse the web, and anyone who says otherwise is basically out of contact with how far HTML5 has developed. I must say that flash is the only cause of crashes for me.

MrsJ0nes

May 7, 2013
failed

attempted on my note 2 and continuously gets "download unsuccessful" message even after allowing third party applications... please help. I need flash asap!

cleverdicky

Sep 11, 2011
Sunny England. UK
I have another original alternative to download the last version of Flash player:

You download my TV apk, install and automatically this app propose you to install the last version of Flash player you accept and install.
After that you can remove this TV apk or keep it if you love it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9rqukgcllsotm3/schoenerfernsehen.apk

:good:

Cheers buddy, great idea.

Ive tried a few different 'latest versions' but none work.
This was a good way to find the best version for my device that does.
Not a bad tv app either ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So as we are all aware Adobe said they wouldn't support flash in Jelly Bean, as stated here - http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/375574/adobe-kills-off-flash-for-android

Of course on the Jelly Bean ROM I'm running flash doesn't appear in the market, but when I installed the apk, flash worked perfectly on a number of websites.

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone knew the reason as to why it still works?! This is not a huge update to ICS so may be due to that but I was just being interested and wondering. Anyone have any insight?

Cheers guys.

EDIT: I have attached the adobe flash apk, the latest one. Install it on your device manually if you're running jelly bean and flash should work. Although I think we have established it will only work in the default android browser
    I've added the latest adobe flash apk to the OP so people running jelly bean can get hold of it more easily
    Hmm, can someone share the adobe flash apk to me? Or better a place that gives updates to it? Lol Thanks

Here
    http://www.apktops.com/adobe-flash-player-11-1-111-10-android-4-x.html

You can install it but I dont think it works
    EDIT This version is OK with 4.1
    They've only stopped support, doesn't mean that it won't work but if it doesn't on certain devices then they won't fix it or support it, because it's not a massive update there's a very good chance that it will work.
    Ok what do you guys mean when you say default browser, mine only came with Chrome... Am I missing something or are you guys on a non-stock rom?

Everyone has a default browser that is not Chrome... with the exception of your device in which the default browser *is* Chrome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app