Search This thread

jroyjohnson

Jul 23, 2012
the developer has claimed the latest version on the play store is working for rooted phones, but I still am not having the best of success. I thought I'd start a thread and see how others are fairing.

The newest version has some improvement; being able to select different colors for different notifications and actually getting them to go off when you've pulled down the notification bar. however, it doesn't blink for me at all. When i get a text or email the corresponding light is a steady constant light if the screen is asleep. If you wake it up the light either disappears or only lights up very infrequently.

I've read some posts before the latest versions came out that some users had success getting it to work by actually turning Accessibility off. This seems to turn off the entire app for me.

anyone having better luck?

datamage

Nov 24, 2011
I didn't have much luck with it either. The app itself would become very unresponsive over time and I'd have to kill its process for it to respond again. I'm pretty sure I read that he may add the pulsing light option to more of the indicators in the future, but it's not something that is supposed to work right now. (Aside from the selections that do pulse.)

justin860

Jul 6, 2011
Connecticut
mine works great via cm10 and aokp jb make sure you turn off system notification light pulse etc and then check
6338e0be-5689-c989.jpg

Reactions: foeshigity

dLo GSR

Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles
you need to enable Samsung S3 mode. otherwise the light will stay green as for some reason in Samsung's software, "black" (off) is green and all the other colors are mixed.

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
anyone know if there is going to be options of other color blinking lights? the only options are blue and red. I want other blinking colors. :p

eduardo_b

Jun 27, 2012
45°28′N 09°11′E
anyone know if there is going to be options of other color blinking lights? the only options are blue and red. I want other blinking colors. :p

He's added code that works with rooted phones and allows all normal colors to flash plus keeps flashing red and pulsing blue. But it doesn't support custom colors. I will say this dev has done a lot of work to overcome Samsung's screw up of LED color matrix on U.S, models. The version for unrooted US S3 didn't work at all for me on rooted phone. I don't what iteration of v3.0.5 he has on Play at the moment.

eatonjb

Mar 5, 2006
He's added code that works with rooted phones and allows all normal colors to flash plus keeps flashing red and pulsing blue. But it doesn't support custom colors. I will say this dev has done a lot of work to overcome Samsung's screw up of LED color matrix on U.S, models. The version for unrooted US S3 didn't work at all for me on rooted phone. I don't what iteration of v3.0.5 he has on Play at the moment.

yea..thoes are all i have.. soon i suppose. Green, and Yellow and orange would be nice if they could blink.. lol

cirusnb

Aug 19, 2010
New Brunswick
I use the built in settings in paranoid android 1.9.6 no troubles, plus you specify apps for notification like lighflow, just a suggestion if you plan on trying another rom. I do love that app though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Earthdog

Mar 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The app works flawlessly with blinking blue and blinking red for me. As stated above make sure you have the SG3 Mode enabled and Accessibility enabled. Andrew is really busting his tail to ge this working based on the US version problems. He is very close with e non-rooted version.

I would suggest starting by disabling all notification in Lighflow and then do one at a time. Also make sure you disable the LED in Android Settings because it conflicts.

sickblutahoe

Oct 21, 2011
I'm using cm10s led settings all with custom colors and they work perfectly. The only reason I didn't like light flow was you could never kill app in recent apps or it would stop working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Just got schooled by this app. If you use the backup feature, you can't simply do a restore after flashing a new/updated ROM (with full wipe). You have to go and cycle the S3 mode toggle after the restore. If you don't, the S3 mode will be checked, but it never went to su for access, and it won't work. There's 30 or so minutes of my life gone forever. ;)

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Dx9

Aug 5, 2011
Ottawa
Light Flow has been updated. You can now flash all colors of LEDs and not just the red and blue. Non rooted users now have support also.

Reactions: equlizer

equlizer

Sep 20, 2007
"Liteflow lite can collect all of the text you enter except passwords but including personal data and credit card numbers. It may also log your user interface interactions with the device"

WTF??? Umm no:confused::(

cehf

Sep 18, 2011
San Diego
"Liteflow lite can collect all of the text you enter except passwords but including personal data and credit card numbers. It may also log your user interface interactions with the device"

WTF??? Umm no:confused::(

this is a standard warning for accessibility, if you read the app description it states this at the bottom.

sent from my I747

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
Any fix for the stupid folder open folder closed talking bug and no I cannot turn off tts I use it in other apps.

andrewpmoore

Nov 21, 2003
Leeds
www.rageconsulting.com
Any fix for the stupid folder open folder closed talking bug and no I cannot turn off tts I use it in other apps.

I wish.

Here's my standard response!
This seems to be an ICS/Samsung bug. It happens for some people and also with other apps that use the accessibility service such as Tasker, Llama and others.

Try the following that I've just been posted someone has tried:
For those who wants to try it do the following with your Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)

I've reported this to samsung's research and development team and I've been told their development team is looking into it.
It doesn't happen with phones on ICS from other manufacturers.

I am still looking into ways around it though.

Reactions: justin860

lgkahn

Mar 26, 2010
londonderry
Bummer thanks for trying nice to have flashing working but don't like looking like a duffis in front of others when I go in my folders.

jeb101

Jul 19, 2012
There seems to be a bug with the "USA and Canada S3 mode" it works fine with the root option, but with the US variant, in two hours, Light Flow was my number two app in Battery usage, and brought my power from 100% to 73%. For now I'm going to keep testing and see why it's doing this.

Has anybody else notice Android OS and Light Flow (number 1 and 2 on the list) use large amounts of cycles?

Cheers

sinichi21

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles
The update app ruin the light on me using att sgs3 the pulse blue light does blink and then pulse then turn off. When you try to select the blue blinking light it does not light at all. Revert back to the previous apk and it fix it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lol. make sure 'TalkBack' is disabled, and just 'Light Flow' is enabled

Good news, it seems like the battery drain issue has been identified and fixed (it's been confirmed to be fixed by a few beta testers).

For the talkback issues the only options at the moment seem to be either use an alternative launcher, use an app like "app folder" instead of the default ones, or not use folders.
    Can people report this issue to samsung as it happens for all apps that switch on accessibility (takser, llama, pops, missedIt and many more)?

Hopeing for a release within the week.
    Not practical to be running all the time.
    If you've figured out a way to do that for an app that is capable of intercepting all of your notifications, please email the developer as I'm sure he would be interested in understanding how that's done. In the meantime, I'm perfectly fine with the 15MB of RAM being consumed on my phone, considering all that this app does for me.
    Great App!!! I hope this is not answered yet but I have a question though, I would like to know where the backup file is saved when I create a backup of the settings? It will be very helpful to know where it's saved (add it to the FAQ) or let us select where we want to save it (it would be great to have it in the external memory, as I think it's now stored in the internal one).

Thanks again!

It's stored onto your sdcard (or virtual sdcard on devices without one), then just a /lightflow directory. You should see the file names matching the backup names. The file can be read in a text editor.

I'll add it to the faq. The app itself uses an internal stored version of the settings, but the backup is external to allow you to transfer or keep a history.
    Light Flow has been updated. You can now flash all colors of LEDs and not just the red and blue. Non rooted users now have support also.

I wish.

Here's my standard response!
    This seems to be an ICS/Samsung bug. It happens for some people and also with other apps that use the accessibility service such as Tasker, Llama and others.

Try the following that I've just been posted someone has tried:
    For those who wants to try it do the following with your Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)

I've reported this to samsung's research and development team and I've been told their development team is looking into it.
    It doesn't happen with phones on ICS from other manufacturers.

I am still looking into ways around it though.