[RECOVERY] Lenovo S660 custom recoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5186178

Various recoveries for Lenovo S660 (CN version - S026).
DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROMS have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledges about phones and phones utilities too.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

I've compiled several recoveries for this phone from source. From what I saw, these are the first for this version of the phone, besides the rua1's MtKDroidTools version. For international version (ROW - S029 and so on) I saw there are more.

Last edited by a moderator:

vdsouza13

Jun 29, 2012
Thane
lenovo s660 ROW S035 Recovery

I've compiled several recoveries for this phone from source. From what I saw, these are the first for this version of the phone, besides the rua1's MtKDroidTools version. For international version (ROW - S029 and so on) I saw there are more.

1. CWM modified by me (Carliv's modified CWM)
- non-touch, based on CWM 6+ as I specified here. More info on that thread.

2. Carliv Touch Recovery v1.5
- based on above recovery, but with touch navigations keys on the bottom of the screen. More info here.

3. Carliv Touch Recovery v2.5
- same as v1.5, but with full touch navigation support. More info here.

Clarifications:
This phone has an emulated storage for internal sdcard, and that will not work with these versions of recovery. It works only with original recovery, or will work with a newer version, compiled in cm-11.0 building environment.​

Any recover for this model. Thanks

D

Deleted member 5186178

Please, don't quote entire OP, in any thread. Just use mention (@username), and you get same result, or use only a part of the quote and delete the rest.

I don't have that phone to make recovery for it, and without the phone I can't set the device folder and test the recovery before release it. The two versions are different, and from what I saw in a scatter file from ROW version, the partition table is different.
I can compile recoveries only for devices I have, because I don't want to brick someone else phone.

Reactions: tedyman and yuweng

lols21.10

Dec 22, 2012
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
@carliv
Srry its an off topic thead but i came from qualcom processor to mtk(lenovo s660).I have no knowlege of what is happening with mtk device till now(i searched it was all confusing) .Can you tell me how to port/build cm for this device

NimishX28

Mar 18, 2016
I downloaded and flashed your version and now my s660 is not booting. After holding the power button the screen says "===Kernel Image Incorrrect!! === Shut down after 10......". And with that the phone swithches off. Please help asap. Thanks. :)

D

Deleted member 5186178

I downloaded and flashed your version and now my s660 is not booting. After holding the power button the screen says "===Kernel Image Incorrrect!! === Shut down after 10......". And with that the phone swithches off. Please help asap. Thanks. :)

As I stated in OP this recovery is for Lenovo S660 CN based. Lenovo has different versions of phones for different world regions. They have different kernels and even hardware in some cases.
If you flashed a wrong recovery just try to find a stock recovery for your precise model in flash it with SPFlashTools. Next time read carefuly.
Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    DISCLAIMER:
    Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROMS have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
    Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledges about phones and phones utilities too.
    Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

D
    Deleted member 5186178

Please, don't quote entire OP, in any thread. Just use mention (@username), and you get same result, or use only a part of the quote and delete the rest.

I don't have that phone to make recovery for it, and without the phone I can't set the device folder and test the recovery before release it. The two versions are different, and from what I saw in a scatter file from ROW version, the partition table is different.
    I can compile recoveries only for devices I have, because I don't want to brick someone else phone.