Farewell my minions, and my beloved dINC!

Search This thread

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
As of 5 minutes ago, I just bought the Droid RAZR MAXX- so it's time for me to say my goodbyes to all the people who may or may not know me :rolleyes:

If I come back here a few days later, bagging about my phone, don't kill me. I'll probably be really stoked about my new MAXX and turn out being the douche master on the INC forums for bragging about all the fancy new specs it has and comparing it with a phone that a year and a half old.

Loved and still love this phone, been through good times and bad times, replaced the screen, speaker, many cases, many different batteries. I spent days modifying the ROM, customizing my setup, kernel, all that good stuff. I even used it to win over a couple of Apple fanboys to Android. But the time has come..

Last edited:

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
As of 5 minutes ago, I just bought the Droid RAZR MAXX- so it's time for me to say my goodbyes to all the people who may or may not know me :rolleyes:

If I come back here a few days later, bagging about my phone, don't kill me. I'll probably be really stoked about my new MAXX and turn out being the douche master on the INC forums for bragging about all the fancy new specs it has and comparing it with a phone that a year and a half old.

Loved and still love this phone, been through good times and bad times, replaced the screen, speaker, many cases, many different batteries. I spent days modifying the ROM, customizing my setup, kernel, all that good stuff. I even used it to win over a couple of Apple fanboys to Android. But the time has come..

Another one bites tbe dust. Lol

Good luck on your new adventures with the RAZR MAXX.

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
Enjoy the new phone man! The DInc forums are getting rather sparse these days haha

na this is still one of the most active forums for any phone and it has great development, unlike the RAZR. Thanks man, I hope this phone is all that it's cracked up to be.

Last edited:

MagnaCore

Dec 26, 2010
Boooo j/k

What made you decide on the Maxx. I've been fighting getting a new phone for months.

Sent from my Incredible using xda premium

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com

</3 This is a sad day.

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
What made you decide on the Maxx. I've been fighting getting a new phone for months.
Someone from the dINC forum posted on the RAZR forum and I answered their question, I guess it sort of sums up why.

1: What is the ppi on my incredible, first one, 3.7".
252 PPI

2: What is ppi on Razr maxx
256 PPI

3. What is the story with maxx bootloader locked? How does that affect roms and rooting?
Yes the bootloader is locked, but the phone is rooted. What this means is you are able to fully flash new ROM's, but are not able to flash new kernels, CDMA radios, and splash screens.

4. Is razr maxx much of an upgrade over my HTC Droid incredible.
dINC vs MAXX
- 512MB vs 1024MB of RAM
- very slow GPU vs fast GPU
- single core 1GHz and older generation CPU vs dual core 1.2 newer generation CPU
- 3.7" screen vs 4.3" screen (it's not bulky and can fit in jean pockets fine)
- 1300 mAh vs 3300 mAh (with combination of more battery efficient processor, and screen, it lasts much longer)
- 8GB internal vs 16GB internal
- TV out (eww) vs HDMI out
- 720p max recording vs 1080p max recording
- no front camera vs front camera
- 2.1 Bluetooth vs 4.0 Bluetooth
- dINC poorly runs rooted ICS vs MAXX will be getting ICS within weeks-months via official release and has nearly identical GPU and identical CPU hardware to the Galaxy Nexus, so ICS should run flawless (ICS is currently a ROM available for flashing, but it still has some bugs to be worked out)
- glass that has broken on my dINC vs Gorilla glass
- MAXX also has 2 other hardware features that help the GPS lock quicker and more accurately than the dINC.
- MAXX is splash resistant (coated with water repellent)
- probably more, but I give up on trying to remember.

5: How is razr maxx radio signal strength? I tried Galaxy Nexus which said 3g more then 4G at my home and even lost connection a few times. HTC Rezound had good mostly 4G at my home.
The MAXX's 1x and 3G radio is very strong. Motorolla has always had great 1x and 3G radios and a big difference compared to my HTC dINC or my sisters dumbphone.

LTE is good as well, but if it gets a weak signal then it won't try to keep it (while draining more battery), it'll just drop it for 3G.

6: What does the modding community look like for razr maxx?
Sadly, not very well. The locked bootloader and the fact that Motorola has angered many hard core DEVs have made this possible :p

There is still hope our bootloader will get unlocked, actually someone just yesterday has managed to bypass the bootloader lock on the GSM phone but is still ironing out a bug. He hopes to get it done on the Verizon CDMA phone soon, so fingers crossed.

</3 This is a sad day.
A little part inside of my died when I decided I was getting the maxx. I've decided that I'll still be keeping my dINC though, as a separate music player and gadget-type thing so I'll still be sticking around ;)

Last edited:

watt9493

Dec 27, 2010
Croydon, PA
Poq, you decided to keep it? Good choice. As I haven't found a phone that sounds as sweet with my skullcandy titans to this day.

-My life is a shooting range, people never change-

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
Poq, you decided to keep it? Good choice. As I haven't found a phone that sounds as sweet with my skullcandy titans to this day.

Yeah. I started writing up the auction for eBay, then I figure I'd have to ship it out.. and I'd probably get less than ~100$ for it.

Better to keep it and use it myself even if I won't be using it often. Plus I've spent way too much of my life modding the crap out of it, I wouldn't want that work to go in vain :)

watt9493

Dec 27, 2010
Croydon, PA
45fd9419-9349-cdb4.jpg

Lemme know if your maxx tops this ;)

nrvous1

Jan 16, 2010
Still waiting for my razr maxx that's in the mail. Heh..just called vzm and my order that was placed on 3/07/12 at 12pm CST is still "pending shipment". I had one vzm rep tell me it had shipped and would be here on the 9th and had one tell me that I placed it at midnight, uh 12pm CST lady and that's why its still pending. Grrrrr!!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Hey razr peeps! Have fun with a phone that will probably have no development future for it. Sure the hardware (battery) is nice but I don't see any reason to downgrade from my Nexus.

And why am I still here? I like the Inc forums way better than the Nexus forums.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Still waiting for my razr maxx that's in the mail. Heh..just called vzm and my order that was placed on 3/07/12 at 12pm CST is still "pending shipment". I had one vzm rep tell me it had shipped and would be here on the 9th and had one tell me that I placed it at midnight, uh 12pm CST lady and that's why its still pending. Grrrrr!!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

Hopefully it'll get sorted out for you soon. I'm actually interested to hear what people say firsthand. Razr never really interested me but I'm curious about the battery life on the maxxxxxxxxxx (I mean maxx).

TeeRom

May 6, 2011
Hey razr peeps! Have fun with a phone that will probably have no development future for it. Sure the hardware (battery) is nice but I don't see any reason to downgrade from my Nexus.

And why am I still here? I like the Inc forums way better than the Nexus forums.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Hopefully it'll get sorted out for you soon. I'm actually interested to hear what people say firsthand. Razr never really interested me but I'm curious about the battery life on the maxxxxxxxxxx (I mean maxx).

They're working on a Sense 4 port for the Nexus and need a kernel developer. You should do it :D

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
They're working on a Sense 4 port for the Nexus and need a kernel developer. You should do it :D

Haha. You're funny. No I don't plan on doing that. Not worth it in my book. I doubt it'll ever be very functional. But maybe on second thought it could be fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually seideo is selling a 3800 with nfc, cost $5 more than the exact one without it. I've seen a promising bumper case that sexifies the phone after the new battery also. I think it's worth a look if you have any interest in battery life

Awesome, I'll have to keep that in mind. I'll have to check reviews on it first though to make sure I don't get ripped off and it meets its quality expectations.

Rezound or razr? Either way, congrats man. It's kinda funny how none of us really want to toss good ol dInc

I feel the same way. I can't give it up either. Flashing is actually more fun on it now as I can flash and mess around without wasting the time setting it up and I don't have to nandroid as I can just flash another ROM. But in the same token, I don't get to see the fruits of my kernel labor as much as I only use it to flash ROMs and do a basic setup. Battery life on it is awesome now....

Wifi+airplane mode=awesome battery life