New-T-Mobile Radio/Modem Thread

Search This thread

droidmark

Oct 13, 2010
Problem recognizing T-Mobile SIM

So, I got a I717 unlocked rooted phone running stock rooted ICS 4.0.4, with CWM-based Touch Recovery v5.5.0.4 (all this was done before I got it).

When I put my TMo SIM in, I was able to make phone calls and got EDGE data.

Then I started flashing modems per this and the prior thread, but starting from the very first flash, the phone will no longer recognize the SIM. I've tried almost all the TMo radios, and all I get is the circle-and-slash. It never sees the SIM or the TMo network for either phone signal or data.

I don't have an AT&T SIM I can test, but the TMo SIM still works fine in a TMo Galaxy S2.

Foolishly I did not start with a nandroid backup so I can exactly get back to where I started. I have tried flashing a couple of the AT&T radios but still the SIM is not recognized.

Any thoughts on escaping from this quagmire?

Thanks to any and all!

droidmark

Oct 13, 2010
Odin stock att then see

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

That's almost what I did. Since I had CWM Touch installed, I flashed the stock rooted AT&T ICS ROM SGH-I717-UCLF6PS using that. At that point my Tmo SIM was again recognized for phone and EDGE data. Then flashed a Tmo radio (VK1_TEST ICS radio) and was up and running with 4G (approx 4.6 down/1.5 up). I think the person I got the phone from had basically made a mess of the ROM because for example the stock browser icon wasn't even showing up, and the phone process stopped frequently.

So will the GB radios also work? Just a matter of trying a bunch and seeing what gives best results? I need to research the tweaked build.prop hack as well.

Thanks!

sinasiadat

Nov 29, 2010
Does anyone know if there's a newer modem out? I tried searching but found nothing.

Tried a handful of modem combos with different roms.. so far only able to get 4G on ICS roms ... cant access *#2263# in all JellyBeans and cant figure out how to enable diagnostics mode to get into QPST or QXDM yet (the menu doesnt give me the option to put it into DM) ..

anyways.. long story short. The blaze modem has been giving me 10mbs down after going into the *#2263# menu and selecting WCDMA 1700 band. Might be dependent on region but I have a feeling that the Blaze Modem would be the best at this present time.

savagepagan

Jan 26, 2012
RTP, NC
Tried a handful of modem combos with different roms.. so far only able to get 4G on ICS roms ... cant access *#2263# in all JellyBeans and cant figure out how to enable diagnostics mode to get into QPST or QXDM yet (the menu doesnt give me the option to put it into DM) ..

anyways.. long story short. The blaze modem has been giving me 10mbs down after going into the *#2263# menu and selecting WCDMA 1700 band. Might be dependent on region but I have a feeling that the Blaze Modem would be the best at this present time.

Try *#*#4636#*#*
It will let you force wcdma but not a specific radio band.

scifipala

Mar 12, 2013
waht roms are compatible with this hack??

hi every1, i downloaded the latest 4.2.2 by CM and the hack stops working for me no matter which modem i use but if I flash the stock telus image i can use the hack again. Does any1 know why this happens? Basically do I have to stick with stock or can I use other Roms?? Thank you Mr. tomin.fhl@gmail.com sir for you great effort.

edit: im in toronto, ON. so far i tried cm9 (4.0.4) works good with telus modem, but the blaze modem disconnects every 10 mins.

does any1 know which modem is compatible with 4.2.2?

Last edited:

jman315

Jul 21, 2013
T789 UVMA1 for the i717

Has anyone ported over the latest T-Mobile Note modem UVMA1 to the i717? I'm currently running the T879 UVLG3 for i717 and was wondering if this newer modem might have any better performance.

Ash359

Nov 30, 2012
Has anyone ported over the latest T-Mobile Note modem UVMA1 to the i717? I'm currently running the T879 UVLG3 for i717 and was wondering if this newer modem might have any better performance.

I'd be interested in trying it however it all depends on your region. I'm in the S.F. area

Sent from my Jedi Master Note II

razielpr

May 30, 2011
maunabo
My Note is still on GB and I want to update to 4.1.2 I'm unlocked and with T-Mobile service can I update and witch modem can I use to get 4G??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hyounglho

jman315

Jul 21, 2013
I'd be interested in trying it however it all depends on your region. I'm in the S.F. area

Sent from my Jedi Master Note II

After doing some research, I took the opportunity to port the latest TMO T879 UVM1 modem to the i717. I've flashed this successfully, but take no responsibility if it doesn't work for you. So far I don't see any significant changes (positive or negative) compared to the UVLG3.

T879-UVMA1_i717.zip

http://bit.ly/1fX9FkG

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-01-15-06-27.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-01-15-06-27.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

razielpr

May 30, 2011
maunabo
After doing some research, I took the opportunity to port the latest TMO T879 UVM1 modem to the i717. I've flashed this successfully, but take no responsibility if it doesn't work for you. So far I don't see any significant changes (positive or negative) compared to the UVLG3.

T879-UVMA1_i717.zip

http://bit.ly/1bBD3el

I can't download I gives 4 files and no zip file

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To All, This is a new thread dedicated to trying to resolve the known problems with the current Hacked Radio/modems we all have experienced.

Please do not post already known issues over and over I will delete them. The Effort is to keep this thread clean and up to date with newly discovered fixes an/or new bugs.

Both Allgamer and I have a Note so any developer that needs something tested pm us and we will assist you as best we can

The issues we all seem to have experienced Are:

1. Dropped calls, this is a big issue... need to phone to never fail us..... especially for those who are business dependent.

2. Low up load speeds

3. Inconsistent data speed issues

4. Data dropping

5. Battery Drain/heat issues

If there are other specific issues that arise please post and I will itemize in the OP. Let's see if we can draft the assistance of a developer (s) who are excellent with radio/modem hacking. We are close to a final fix let's try to get across the finish line to 100% success.
    Thanks to All who have to date helped in the quest of finding a perfect fix.
    SPECIAL THANKS to All who paid the bounty..... kept your word....... and helped in any other way...... It REALLY warms the soul to know our community can come together and follow through on commitments......... Thank you all.... Oka1

Allgamer posted this for a fix for some : In case anyone still have the drop call issues, here's a good work around http://xdaforums.com/show...77&postcount=2
    Send me your e-mail address so I can send you the link so you can download the modem.

If I or someone else have helped you in any kind of way please press. Thank you
    One problem though, Telus does not use aws/1700.

The only reason their galaxy s2 does is because they used the same model as T-Mobile. So basically they just took off the T-Mobile branding and used the same phone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

That's right. ... the T989 Hercules was like a super global phone that worked with AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1300028

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
    RESERVED.....
    No I still get this and nothing to click or touch

I updated the link in my original post so you should be able to see the zip file now. You might need to download it from a PC if you continue to have problems.