[Q] Transfer existing apps/data from old X to new X?

Search This thread

TechDragon

Feb 3, 2012
Hi all. I did a search but couldn't find a clear answer to this particular question. If it's out there I would appreciate if you could throw me a link.

I just received a replacement Moto X for my current unit which has a bad camera. Both were created using Motomaker if that makes a difference.

I've got the new phone activated and used Migrate to move the basic stuff, but I can't seem to find a way to move the majority of my apps to the new phone (I've used Titanium Backup previously but I guess that's not an option here as both have 4.4.2) and I've got quite a few programs that contain settings and data that I really don't want to lose or have to recreate from scratch.

Is there a program that would allow me to move the bulk of my current apps and the related data to the new phone relatively easily or should I just start the copy/paste bucket brigade via USB and my computer?

Edit: I'm also open to using adb and a nandroid backup if that's a possibility, but I would appreciate pointers to instructions if they exist. Thanks.

Last edited:

younger06

Jan 25, 2011
Naas
Does Google back up work, when I switched from my HTC to my MotoX, everything went across including wifi locations.
It should be in your menu, you are actually backing up your Google account and it restores data on any device that you sign in on.

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3

TechDragon

Feb 3, 2012
Does Google back up work, when I switched from my HTC to my MotoX, everything went across including wifi locations.
It should be in your menu, you are actually backing up your Google account and it restores data on any device that you sign in on.

Tapatalked from my G PAD 8.3
It doesn't appear to be working as advertised. I've installed the same apps that were on my original phone and none of them had the same configuration or data on the new phone. I've even tried removing apps from the new phone and forcing a sync on the old phone, then reinstalling on the new phone about a half hour later to see if that might help but have had no better results.

Is it working properly with the Moto X now? I've seen quite a few reports of it failing on Motorola phones and the Play description itself mentions that it's not available to Motorola devices.