[DEV][RC5] Team Nyx [Android 4.0.4] (ICSSGS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

soumian

Aug 3, 2011
Buenos Aires
Don't you love when people throw knowledge at you without a source? We still waiting for that link...

Sooo, did anyone noticed (or at least for me) that last Maps update fixed the compass issue? :D

pulsorock

Aug 27, 2005
PR
www.pulsorock.com
Where can I download the latest version? The website is down.

Currently I have this version installed:
screenshot2012082521035.png

mmalka

Jan 30, 2008
On the web
Need urgent help!

Yesterday, after a few apps were updated, my phone started to show non-stop messages like "unfortunately xxx has stopped working", xxx being any and everything like messaging, e-mail, superuser, etc. even when I was not doing anything.
Rebooting did not help. Then I started searching on XDA and on the web and found several people reporting similar issues, but always with one specific application such as music or e-mail, but not several (or all) like I had.
I then tried a few of the "solutions" that worked for them like clearing data and updates of the Play Store and letting Android reinstall the latest version. No change.
I uninstalled Lucky Patcher and Titanium Backup as some people said their patches could cause similar problems. No change.
I cleared Davik's cache. No change.
Finally, I executed "fix permissions". The phone rebooted and now stays forever on the last splash screen (the multi-colored floating geometric shapes).
I then reflashed the ROM and the Kernel, but it still does not pass that splash screen (it is not frozen - it keeps moving).
My questions are:
1- Is there any way to retrieve from the phone my Titanium Backup folder that is on the internal SD card (it is still there because on recovery all the internal SD directories still show)?
2- Does anyone ever experienced this issue of suddenly all applications stop working? This is the second time it happens and last time I had to reflash the ROM.
3- Does anyone have any idea why fixing permissions put me in this loop and how to get out of it?

Thank you

silvertag

Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Yesterday, after a few apps were updated, my phone started to show non-stop messages like "unfortunately xxx has stopped working", xxx being any and everything like messaging, e-mail, superuser, etc. even when I was not doing anything.
Rebooting did not help. Then I started searching on XDA and on the web and found several people reporting similar issues, but always with one specific application such as music or e-mail, but not several (or all) like I had.
I then tried a few of the "solutions" that worked for them like clearing data and updates of the Play Store and letting Android reinstall the latest version. No change.
I uninstalled Lucky Patcher and Titanium Backup as some people said their patches could cause similar problems. No change.
I cleared Davik's cache. No change.
Finally, I executed "fix permissions". The phone rebooted and now stays forever on the last splash screen (the multi-colored floating geometric shapes).
I then reflashed the ROM and the Kernel, but it still does not pass that splash screen (it is not frozen - it keeps moving).
My questions are:
1- Is there any way to retrieve from the phone my Titanium Backup folder that is on the internal SD card (it is still there because on recovery all the internal SD directories still show)?
2- Does anyone ever experienced this issue of suddenly all applications stop working? This is the second time it happens and last time I had to reflash the ROM.
3- Does anyone have any idea why fixing permissions put me in this loop and how to get out of it?

Thank you

I think you running out of space in your /data and-or /datadata folder. This is usually the culprit when you start getting FC's by the ton. Do you remember how many apps TB report has backed up ? (50,100,200 ?). Go in recovery and enter the file manager and delete a few big apps folder in /datadata and then try to reboot afterwards, see if that corrects your issue.

mmalka

Jan 30, 2008
On the web
I think you running out of space in your /data and-or /datadata folder. This is usually the culprit when you start getting FC's by the ton. Do you remember how many apps TB report has backed up ? (50,100,200 ?). Go in recovery and enter the file manager and delete a few big apps folder in /datadata and then try to reboot afterwards, see if that corrects your issue.

If I remember correctly, about 200 apps. My issue right now is no longer the apps closing, but not completing the boot, being stuck on one of the splash screens, as described.

Indirectly, you just gave me a good idea: I went to the file manager, mounted the directories, and I am copying my internal SD card to the external, so that I won't lose my backup and other stuff.
Now, I will try to reflash stock and then start everything over. Thanks!

Last edited:

silvertag

Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
If I remember correctly, about 200 apps. My issue right now is no longer the apps closing, but not completing the boot, being stuck on one of the splash screens, as described.

Indirectly, you just gave me a good idea: I went to the file manager, mounted the directories, and I am copying my internal SD card to the external, so that I won't lose my backup and other stuff.
Now, I will try to reflash stock and then start everything over. Thanks!

Well that's it.. your data folder is probably full with 200 apps+data (Also if you restore all those with TB apps+data get ready to have full FC's and trailing garbage). Try deleting some stuff in /datadata to make some head room and i'm sure your boot process will work correctly. It is trying to write there but there's no room so your bugged out of the homescreen. Your updates hit the ceiling with no more room and the FC's started from there.

Last edited:

mmalka

Jan 30, 2008
On the web
Well that's it.. your data folder is probably full with 200 apps+data (Also if you restore all those with TB apps+data get ready to have full FC's and trailing garbage). Try deleting some stuff in /datadata to make some head room and i'm sure your boot process will work correctly. It is trying to write there but there's no room so your bugged out of the homescreen. Your updates hit the ceiling with no more room and the FC's started from there.

I used file manager in recovery to try to delete a folder in data/data but the phone froze. It seems that the directory is corrupted.

soumian

Aug 3, 2011
Buenos Aires
Well i found out that this priject is kinda closed, i read a commen from DemonWav on the Vibrant forum (he could have pasted that same comment here) or change the first post) so here it is what he said to someone that asked is the project was dead.
Yep, pretty much. And we did more than one release, just one release under this name ;) We just don't have any motivation to work on it anymore, we have new phones and it's GREAT to not have the stress of working on the ROM to deal with anymore. Don't get me wrong, it was a hell of a lot of fun, but I at least need a break with what is going on in my life, and Onecosmic's job is a killer. Not to mention the other team members, they have their own predicaments. We have discussed different projects that we might work on, but nothing has really gone past the IRC channel lol. Sorry for the disappointment.

I guess i didn't want to face the truth about this project being dead...

Reactions: ilike3point14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Nyx

-- DemonWav -- Nushor -- Onecosmic -- PaulForde -- RaymondDull -- Trae32566 --

This ROM is based directly on the source code straight from Google themselves, the way Android is meant to be. This ROM is produced by a collaboration of many different people, with the main development being done by Onecosmic himself. We strive to bring releases as often as possible and provide a stable AOSP ROM.

We are in the midst of many changes and will try to have our source code back up as soon as possible.

We do not support anything that is not produced by us!

Team ICSSGS is now Team Nyx!

We have made lots of changes, and part of that includes moving our base from XDA to our own website. All information, as well as downloads will be on our website, but please continue your discussions and we will continue our support here on the forums. Please check out our site at http://team-nyx.com/
    loleverything works pretty much not a huge need for this here
    Ok guys here is what IS going to happen. People WILL search before posting, people WILL NOT flame others for not searching but WILL use the report button or hell send me a PM. Now these things will happen or I WILL go on a "Iron Fist" Banning spree and and send people on a vacation.

I really hope I made things clear.
    Sorry Diablo III came out, so the release date is pushed back indefinitely...I mean, what can I say? LOL Just kidding of course...kind of. ;) We are working on maybe a Friday release of RC5.
    RC5 is finally getting near it seems. But I do have AP tests to take until next Wednesday so it definitely won't be till at least a few days after that. If there is anyone that is from the US who remembers/knows about the AP tests then you know how hard they are...takes up all of your time until they are done. :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA